Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Liverpool players 'devastated' and 'cant sleep' due to Dijk injury

You've got a CB out for the season. Where was our sob story for having no CB's fit for god knows how long last season? What about Hallers tackle on Zimbo on his first game back at West Ham?

God I hate Liverpool

And the Mirror.

Don't wish serious injury on any player at any club, but sheesh.................................... good job the poor little souls weren't in our dressing room last season when we had a never ending procession of injuries. 

• Like 1

They weren’t going to win the league again, their squad is too weak, a couple injuries to key players shows that.

I understand the payers frustration that keepers appear exempt from cards when they make dangerous challenges like that, it was really poor and much more a red card then Buendia’s elbow last year!

But certainly Liverpool need to stop their whining it’s football and derby matches always have robust challenges.

• Like 1

Why is everything against them, first the pubs got shut and now this, it's just so damn unfair, its a conspiracy, someone else must be to blame, cancel the season now. 😭🤣

#prayforthepool

Apples

If that brute 'Poleaxe Pickford' doesn't receive a custodial sentence for that absolutely horrendous tackle, he should at least be made to play the next ten Everton games wearing handcuffs and with a ball and chain around his ankle.....

In Scouseville you can't have them Blues finishing above them Reds.... 

Man City had a similar issue last year and I don't recall the same outpouring of grief.....

Pickford apart from being a very average keeper was very lucky to not get sent off

Klopp asking where was the VAR if Michael Oliver didn't see it.......

Err.....it never happened. VAR only 'sees' things that no human being in 'real-time' could call; invents its own interpretation of the rules; helps encourage 'simulation' by endlessly playing some soft challenge over and over until a flailing finger can be shown to have brought the 12 stone 6'3" CF down in the box just to get the stats up - and line Bet 365's pockets. 

But can't be used to overturn an incorrect throw in, corner, rolling spot kick, or a ball over the goal line. Muppetry 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I like the scouse sense of humour & attitude to life in general but they do have an inordinate capacity for self pity.

All this complaining about a victim mentality is all very stereotyping funny, but how many Scousers are there in the Liverpool squad?

10 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I like the scouse sense of humour & attitude to life in general but they do have an inordinate capacity for self pity.

Just wait until you hear about the Liverpool and scouser independence movement

Carragher was going on and on about Van **** earlier this week. He spent 10 minutes crunching the stats. Quite some spectaacle. I guess it was his way of dealing with the grief.

Such a change with how we dealt with our problems last year with 2 or even at times 3 of our centre halves.

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

All this complaining about a victim mentality is all very stereotyping funny, but how many Scousers are there in the Liverpool squad?

Is the scouse sense of humour also stereotypical? Was Mr. Cholmondley-Warner stereotypical? Are there no commonalities of outlook within different cultural groups??

Self pity's a very easy trap to fall into for all of us, & perhaps the culture in Liverpool encourages players to indulge in it no matter what their origins,

That's what you get when you go into a season with only 3 recognised CBs and one of them is Matip who spends more time being injured than playing. 

Think this could show Gomez up a bit now aswell.

19 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

That's what you get when you go into a season with only 3 recognised CBs and one of them is Matip who spends more time being injured than playing. 

Think this could show Gomez up a bit now aswell.

Surprisingly close to home

49 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

one of them is Matip who spends more time being injured than playing.

He's now out of tonight's game...🤣

Apples

To be honest take away the Liverpool angle it was a horrible tackle aimed at taking our Van **** and deserved a red card.

Had that been on our player we’d be fuming too.

Edited by Indy

Oh 100% that's correct shouldve been a red. Pickford misjudged that one horribly and the refs and VAR havent covered themselves in any glory.

Every club has been on the receiving end of losing a player in a situation like that. It's not good especially when we are talking about the best CB in the world.

It's just the media stuff has been way overboard and has been almost quite strange. If that was Michael Keane on the end of that challenge from Adrian do you think it would get this much coverage. I dont.

1 minute ago, Move Klose said:

Oh 100% that's correct shouldve been a red. Pickford misjudged that one horribly and the refs and VAR havent covered themselves in any glory.

Every club has been on the receiving end of losing a player in a situation like that. It's not good especially when we are talking about the best CB in the world.

It's just the media stuff has been way overboard and has been almost quite strange. If that was Michael Keane on the end of that challenge from Adrian do you think it would get this much coverage. I dont.

Agree, Liverpool are the new Man U of the 2000’s. It’s sad to see such media attention and such complaints, it’s happened not good and something that VAR and referees need to learn from. Move on as they say.

It was a bad tackle . It was also shocking officiating- not once but twice. What convoluted nonsense lead to VAR not checking it still isn’t obvious clear 

But

It’s Liverpool. The same team that wore TShirts openly supporting a proven racist , and who airbrushed Heysel for years. 

I'm really saddened by this. I'm sure, with the limited resources they have to work with, they don't have a single youth player who is up to the task of playing centre back in the first team.

No sympathy. They should have bid for Godfrey. Maybe they did and we told them to take a hike after they messed us around with Lewis. And now Godfrey is playing for their rivals. Karma.