Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Wycombe

We might let them have one, just to feel good about themselves. Long trip from Wycombe, they’ll be very tired when they get here and a bit shell shocked by the size of our ground. 8-1 City.

Edited by Surfer

Wycombe are not to be taken lightly.  They are on a steep learning curve and will have learned a lot from their start to the season. We ought to have enough to beat them, but they are not complete mugs, have some good players and are still capable of causing an upset. We have to be at our best, as in any other game we play this season. There are no free rides.

They'll set up to make us break them down, but they're a League One side really so we should be beating them comfortably. Would like to see us get a goal earlier though, we were starting to look a bit desperate at times yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

They'll set up to make us break them down, but they're a League One side really so we should be beating them comfortably. Would like to see us get a goal earlier though, we were starting to look a bit desperate at times yesterday.

yeah, would like to see a first half goal rather than in the dying minutes every time, its too stressful. 

50 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Wycombe are not to be taken lightly.  They are on a steep learning curve and will have learned a lot from their start to the season. We ought to have enough to beat them, but they are not complete mugs, have some good players and are still capable of causing an upset. We have to be at our best, as in any other game we play this season. There are no free rides.

Lakey, so this year we need to be at our best to beat the poorest side i this division, no free rides yet last year this same team you had us top four and we should be able to beat any team! How the worm has turned. 😉

I entirely agree, we’ve started to gain momentum, we have our best players bar Zimbo & Dowell available, Cantwell and Buendia starting show why they were so important to us this year, no complacency, Wycombe will be tough nut to crack if we can’t find the net early, hopefully we will get that early goal and push on for a very good confidence building result. Agree definitely no easy games in this division.

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Lakey, so this year we need to be at our best to beat the poorest side i this division, no free rides yet last year this same team you had us top four and we should be able to beat any team! How the worm has turned. 😉

I entirely agree, we’ve started to gain momentum, we have our best players bar Zimbo & Dowell available, Cantwell and Buendia starting show why they were so important to us this year, no complacency, Wycombe will be tough nut to crack if we can’t find the net early, hopefully we will get that early goal and push on for a very good confidence building result. Agree definitely no easy games in this division.

His comment seems to be getting ready for his I told you so thread on Saturday. In that one comment he has the justification for us winning, losing and drawing to be able to say he predicted all 3. You are right as well he had us winning 8 out of our last 12 premier games but not beating Wycombe.

Absoloutely agree with you however, this is professional football and no game is easy, break them down early should be a walk in the park, not get an early breakthrough Cantwell and Emi will need to find the solutions. 

• Like 1

1 GF, 13 GC, and still no points so I can only see them parking the bus. Did well against unbeaten Reading last night though, as it took over an hour for Reading to break the deadlock who ended the game with just 5 attempts, 1 on target whilst Wycombe achieved 10 attempts, 3 on target. Hopefully we will still manage to pick up 3 points from this game, but I think it will be similar to the recent fixtures against Derby and Birmingham

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

His comment seems to be getting ready for his I told you so thread on Saturday. In that one comment he has the justification for us winning, losing and drawing to be able to say he predicted all 3. You are right as well he had us winning 8 out of our last 12 premier games but not beating Wycombe.

Absoloutely agree with you however, this is professional football and no game is easy, break them down early should be a walk in the park, not get an early breakthrough Cantwell and Emi will need to find the solutions. 

I like Lakey he’s generally a decent poster but recently has gone to be our Kenny Everett type Preacher...... but certainly gone from over the top positive to cautious hedge his bets this year. 😂

Living in High Wycombe the euphoria of promotion is starting to wear off, especially with fans not allowed into Adams Park.  They do now have Akinfenwa getting back to fitness and he'll cause issues at all levels due to his robustness, but hopefully we'll be at least a couple of goals to the good before he makes it off the bench.

I like to see Wycombe do well as this has been my home town for almost seven years now, and it would be so typical Norwich for us to somehow manage to lose on Saturday, but I just can't see it.  We'll score early and win a comfortable 4-0.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Indy said:

Ignoring Well be backs usual put down, I would just like to say that nothing is a given in any league.  My stance is always that anything is possible, win lose or draw, whether we are playing a top PL side or a bottom of the championship side. I rule nothing in and I rule nothing out.  The trouble is some people on here want to pin things down all the time, that it has to be a win, or it has to be a loss, depending on whether we are playing a Wycombe or a Man City. 

So, as usual, boring and predictable as I am, I will say the same thing - we will have to be at our best to beat Wycombe, just as we had to be at our best to beat Man City and if we had been at our best last season, we might have done a lot better, had circumstances been better from the start. 

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ignoring Well be backs usual put down, I would just like to say that nothing is a given in any league.  My stance is always that anything is possible, win lose or draw, whether we are playing a top PL side or a bottom of the championship side. I rule nothing in and I rule nothing out.  The trouble is some people on here want to pin things down all the time, that it has to be a win, or it has to be a loss, depending on whether we are playing a Wycombe or a Man City. 

So, as usual, boring and predictable as I am, I will say the same thing - we will have to be at our best to beat Wycombe, just as we had to be at our best to beat Man City and if we had been at our best last season, we might have done a lot better, had circumstances been better from the start. 

That’s no saying anything! That’s like putting a pound each on winning, drawing or losing as that’s pretty much a given one of those results will be correct! You are Ed Balls typical politician 😉💛💚

29 minutes ago, Matt Juler said:

Living in High Wycombe the euphoria of promotion is starting to wear off, especially with fans not allowed into Adams Park.  They do now have Akinfenwa getting back to fitness and he'll cause issues at all levels due to his robustness, but hopefully we'll be at least a couple of goals to the good before he makes it off the bench.

I like to see Wycombe do well as this has been my home town for almost seven years now, and it would be so typical Norwich for us to somehow manage to lose on Saturday, but I just can't see it.  We'll score early and win a comfortable 4-0.

Much as I love Akinfenwa and think hes a great guy.. If you have seen him play in the last year while yes he is a human wrecking ball and can be diffiult to deal with he is almost 38 years old and he runs out of steam very quickly, can only do about 20 minutes on the pitch before he starts puffing and panting 

Nevermind how he has the dribbling skills of Bambi on ice

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Wycombe were one of the most 'argricultural' teams in League One last season.

Our players need to be prepared for plenty of long balls, and probably getting kicked too. Brum was probably a decent taster.

9 hours ago, Surfer said:

We might let them have one, just to feel good about themselves. Long trip from Wycombe, they’ll be very tired when they get here and a bit shell shocked by the size of our ground. 8-1 City.

Tired when they get here??

Has Wycombe moved

Its an easy 2 hour journey 

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Much as I love Akinfenwa and think hes a great guy.. If you have seen him play in the last year while yes he is a human wrecking ball and can be diffiult to deal with he is almost 38 years old and he runs out of steam very quickly, can only do about 20 minutes on the pitch before he starts puffing and panting 

Nevermind how he has the dribbling skills of Bambi on ice

Watch him skip by Hanley like a mega Messi to score! 😂

Edited by Indy

6 minutes ago, daly said:

Has Wycombe moved

It's long enough when you make the journey 23 times a season!

17 minutes ago, Indy said:

That’s no saying anything! That’s like putting a pound each on winning, drawing or losing as that’s pretty much a given one of those results will be correct! You are Ed Balls typical politician 😉💛💚

I know. My complaints are usually because people seem so certain about what will happen, good or bad. Nothing in football is certain.

• Thanks 1

Just now, lake district canary said:

I know. My complaints are usually because people seem so certain about what will happen, good or bad. Nothing in football is certain.

That’s not true! Certainly over priced ****e sausage rolls every ground I’ve been! 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt Juler said:

I like to see the little guy do well but unfortunately for the Wanderers this has to be the worst possible season to be promoted in the Football League with the likelihood of no crowds at all so much reduced income.

They pretty much fluked promotion and I don't think they would've have gone up had the League One season been completed. 

If their first six results have set the standard with or without Akinfewa they look doomed.

I dont think even we could mess this one up.

Probably set up the same way Birmingham did and I'm not so sure they have the players to defend aswell as Birmingham did, plus coming off the back of a Saturday,tuesday to another Saturday game with a small squad will be very tough for wycombe.

We have the squad to change 3 or 4 players and I'm not so sure they do. Players like Tettey, McLean, Stiepermann, Placheta who havent played  great deal of football over the last couple of weeks.

4 hours ago, daly said:

Has Wycombe moved

Absolutely. They have to catch a ferry at Bisham Abbey then the Underground at Hammersmith to Liverpool St. Admittedly the walk from Norwich station to Carrow Rd is short but they’ll be well knackered before kickoff. Or they can take the M40 / M25 / M11 /A11 - same result. If only the latter were dual carriageway already. Thinking about it my dad always said the best way to places like that was via Bedford. 

8-1 City. 

Edited by Surfer