Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

No chance for Halford now

Halford now looking at Cup Tie at Chelsea or Everton where he can show off his skills at the highest level.  Possible LDV final, good possibility of promotion to Championship.  Colchester will get revenue from these games.  I doubt whether City have got enough to tempt Halford or Colchester from all this.

Very probable, pete. Couldn''t blame Halford for staying at Layer Road. Chelsea/Everton in the cup, probably on live tv - just what a young player loves. We''ve only the carrot of higher wages to offer - if that tempts him, is he the right sort of player to aim for?

If we are still keen on signing a young striker from the lower leagues why not go for Danny Crow of Peterborough he is averaging around a goal every other game he starts. Surely one for the future.

[quote user="Eam"]If we are still keen on signing a young striker from the lower leagues why not go for Danny Crow of Peterborough he is averaging around a goal every other game he starts. Surely one for the future.[/quote]LOL [:D]Oh, the irony! Cyber beers are on the house until I stop laughing! Nice one Eam.

[quote user="Eam"]If we are still keen on signing a young striker from the lower leagues why not go for Danny Crow of Peterborough he is averaging around a goal every other game he starts. Surely one for the future.[/quote]

yes, I here he wasnt given much of a chance at his former club.

[quote user="Eam"]If we are still keen on signing a young striker from the lower leagues why not go for Danny Crow of Peterborough he is averaging around a goal every other game he starts. Surely one for the future.[/quote]

Slamdunk.

Hit le nail right on le ''ead of Mr Nigel Worthington. [^o)]

What about the other Colchester lad Danns??? Haven''t heard much about him but I think he would be a good signing judging by reports and his performance on saturday! Worthington seems incapable of finding good bargain players in the lower leagues - only when other clubs have seem them does he make any noises and then it never leads to anything!!! What about Chorley and Commons?? Chambers at Northampton? Surely he must be aware that there is talent out there??