Pockthorpe

Doncaster 4 Ipswich 1

Reading the comments on TWTD, many of them still think that they're too good for League 1. I'm not sure what this is based on, they've been poor for several Seasons and with their financial position hampering them further, any hopes of promotion are, at best a stretch.

Good times......😎

Playing in an empty stadium probably suits them as they dont have to play in front of their rancid fans

First time this season they came across hald decent opposition after a favourable opening few fixtures.

They'll still win a fair few as there are many poor sides in that league...but I'd expect at least Hull,Charlton and Sunderland to finish above them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Playing in an empty stadium probably suits them as they dont have to play in front of their rancid fans

First time this season they came across hald decent opposition after a favourable opening few fixtures.

They'll still win a fair few as there are many poor sides in that league...but I'd expect at least Hull,Charlton and Sunderland to finish above them

Them finishing 3rd and bottling it in the playoffs would be a lovely thing

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

Reading the comments on TWTD, many of them still think that they're too good for League 1. I'm not sure what this is based on, they've been poor for several Seasons and with their financial position hampering them further, any hopes of promotion are, at best a stretch.

Good times......😎

This comment stood out for me:-

"We have a good enough squad, but not a good enough manager to get the best out of them."

From being their own version of our belated Messiah to being a liability, poor old Lambert can't seem to do much right down there, despite their good start.

Apparently they've been dealt a 'soft' hand by the fixture list thus far and many of them seem wary of a repeat of last season when they started like a bomb and then fell to pieces in the second half of the season. If this happens PL will likely be out of a job again? Not that I think he's particularly bothered.

10 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I'll be surprised if they don't finish in the top six.

They've got a decent enough squad to do that despite the manager.

Agree, but I said that last season and....

7 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I'll be surprised if they don't finish in the top six.

They've got a decent enough squad to do that despite the manager.

I'll be delighted if they don't finish in the top six.  

37 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I'll be delighted if they don't finish in the top six.  

I really like Cambridgeshire's idea of them finishing third, and then boIIocksing it up in the playoffs.

• Haha 1

Same as last season, good start against some poor opposition, play a few decent teams and blow it. Still an awful team with average players. 

Not gonna be plain sailing for them, Peterborough, Charlton, Sunderland, Hull, Portsmouth should all do quite well. Realistically 3 of those 5 and the scummers should be getting out of this league.

But you only need to look at last season when Wycombe, Coventry & Rotherham went up that it's not always as straight forward as that.

17 hours ago, paddycanary said:

Not sure why lovely Liz Hurley is coming up there but I stand by my post!

Why, was there anybody else there? I vaguely recall a hideous apparition for a few seconds. Fortunately I was able to wipe it when the Lovely Liz appeared.