Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

City missing a crowd

In the second half the crowd would have really got behind them plus would have got in the refs ear about the constant fouling of our players especially Todd

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Every team is missing it. 

I'm sure they are but I think it affects us more than a lot of teams. Not quite sure why but we seem to be playing at a slower pace which makes us much easier to defend against 

5 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I'm sure they are but I think it affects us more than a lot of teams. Not quite sure why but we seem to be playing at a slower pace which makes us much easier to defend against 

It's because we had a full stadium and pounding atmosphere that drives players on, which is quite unique at this level.

Most opposition teams, and lower league clubs like the scum, have not experienced that 99% full, vociferous atmosphere within the last few decades, and therefore haven't lost the advantage it can bring.

• Like 1

Well, if our players are, then they need to get used to it quickly because crowds aren’t coming back any time soon.

Because we usually have a full stadium it’s fair to say we’re impacted by the lack of a crowd a lot more than teams who play in smaller or half-empty stadiums. We’re also unfairly penalised as the club naturally structures finances around that capacity and sales etc, other clubs who don’t have the support we do have adapted to cope without it by seeking out richer owners etc. Our self-funded model is considered to be the “right” way to do things, but it looks very vulnerable when you take away that match day income.

Just on Buendia, I thought that was his best performance this season. There were two occasions where he ran back the length of the pitch to make interceptions around our penalty area, esp the one on Hogan after we scored.

That desire tells me that Emi is back. 

12 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Because we usually have a full stadium it’s fair to say we’re impacted by the lack of a crowd a lot more than teams who play in smaller or half-empty stadiums. We’re also unfairly penalised as the club naturally structures finances around that capacity and sales etc, other clubs who don’t have the support we do have adapted to cope without it by seeking out richer owners etc. Our self-funded model is considered to be the “right” way to do things, but it looks very vulnerable when you take away that match day income.

If we are in contention all season I think financially we will do really well. IFollow will become a really big thing and we have a fan base to take advantage. We could earn as bigger sums for away games as we used to home games. I would hope we wouldn’t get into a relegation battle but that would have the same effect. Of course being mid table with nothing to play for and playing boring football would have the opposite effect. Our model is also somewhat based around youngsters values being increased. The extra exposure, ala Cantwell last night will do nothing to dent that.

I can’t see fans ( or at least full stadiums ) being allowed back this season and that does definitely effect teams like us and ( as much as I hate saying it ) Liverpool. It is noticeable that suddenly the big 6 are not getting every decision in their favour as well, so maybe refs are under far less pressure.

On a side issue, with a dream imagine if the first game a full crowd was allowed back was the championship play off final and we were in it. What an atmosphere there would be !. After saying that finishing 1st or 2nd would be better, but that game would be the game to beat all games.

I don't think the maths quite supports that. We took almost £15m in gate receipts and catering over the 2018-19 season. If 25,000 people pay £10 for iFollow on, say, 40 occasions, the club would receive about £7m. Even with stadium savings I suspect that would still be short; and I very much doubt they get 25,000 sales on iFollow. But it's a very useful contribution no doubt and does at least close the gap.

2 hours ago, sgncfc said:

I don't think the maths quite supports that. We took almost £15m in gate receipts and catering over the 2018-19 season. If 25,000 people pay £10 for iFollow on, say, 40 occasions, the club would receive about £7m. Even with stadium savings I suspect that would still be short; and I very much doubt they get 25,000 sales on iFollow. But it's a very useful contribution no doubt and does at least close the gap.

You are of course correct, but this will favour us of course compared to the likes of Luton who have actually stated they earn nothing because of the size of their fan base. Would be really interesting though to see the actual comparisons. Likewise as well of course this year the club have ( I assume few asked for a refund ) the season ticket money, 2 substantial transfer fees and parachute money. I assume we will deliberately as well be able to write off quite a bit of tax we would have had to pay. Will be interesting as should we get promoted the one year lag won’t be a problem, but should we not get promoted then that monthly or annual season ticket money will not be coming in for a season. 
We have I suspect finished up with a far bigger squad than the finances anticipated.

20 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

Every team is missing it. 

Agreed. To say it affects NCFC more than any other team is ridiculous.

Brum would have brought near 3000 away fans. It cuts both ways.