And yet... Some of us said last season Rupp as a good player thrown into an awful situation. 

Amazing how many people watch football but are too busy whining to see what's in front of their eyes. 

• Like 2

Although we haven’t scored the goals we deserved to it’s been noticeable how much better we’ve looked with Buendia and Rupp central. Rupp has been very good the last two games and he’s been moving the ball forward quicker. Very good and long may it continue.

Anyone missing mr arm waving, side way pass man?

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

Although we haven’t scored the goals we deserved to it’s been noticeable how much better we’ve looked with Buendia and Rupp central. Rupp has been very good the last two games and he’s been moving the ball forward quicker. Very good and long may it continue.

Anyone missing mr arm waving, side way pass man?

I reconciled myself to the sad loss of Mike Milligan from our side a long time ago. 😉 

• Haha 2

Thought he was excellent tonight - very assured on the ball, and turns out he can dribble through opposition players too! 🙂

Great return to the starting line up from Todd. Looked really fired-up, and a creative spark we need, so let's hope he can stay in that form. For me, a toss up between the two for MOTM.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, GJP said:

Rupp was very good indeed. He's had quite a few good games now. Worth his place.

Certainly.

MOTM and whoscored gave him a whole 1 rating above Skipp (quite a big difference).

Also, from playing well he's started to be a bit braver with his passing. Good through ball for Stiepermann against Rotherham and a couple of decent ones today too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Agreed. Excellent use of the ball, win virtually every duel and barely missed a pass. A revelation

And can really strike a ball from just outside the box, fancy him to chip in with a few from range. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 hours ago, GJP said:

In fairness Birmingham sat back so far for so much of the game it was an easy night for our defenders and defensive midfielders. Infact they're probably not going to get an easier game.

It’s Wycombe next. That said you never know and I’m sure they’ll attack more than Birmingham. 

Great performance from Rupp has been great so far and I can definitely see why he’s ahead of leitner....

Have to admit, based on last night's performance I have to change my opinion of Rupp. He was a rabbit in the headlights at the end of last season and it was probably unfair for him to have to try and find his feet in a struggling team, new league, with new team mates etc. It was obvious however then that he was at least willing to work hard.

Totally different player last night, much more composed on the ball, a few stray passes but no worse than Buendia or Skipp in that respect. I'm happy that I was wrong, just makes the squad that bit stronger. Fingers crossed he can carry it on.

Certainly had a good game. He should have done, as Birmingham gave him three quarters of the pitch and most of Colney to play on !!!

Having watched it again quickly this morning, Rupp is the player who brought Cantwell into the game, nearly everytime he got the ball was looking up, finding Cantwell ahead of him, big credit to both Buendia and Cantwell it was their constant movement ahead which created the space always there for the ball.

It was a really good performance by that trio, Hugill and Pukki should have scored yesterday, could have been easy 3 or 4 - 0.

Credit to the entire squad, Idah looks better through the middle he’s not a winger, Vrancic super sub tag this season.

Edited by Indy

What an amazing turnaround in terms of his performances and fans attitude towards him.

Would be hilarious if he keeps it up and is then in the running for POTS given many on here were questioning if he had ANY footballing ability last season!

Guess that proves that Farke/Webber have far better idea about player’s abilities than most of us on here.

Edited by rock bus
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, All the Germans said:

Why does Pukki need to be injured to try that? Drop Hugill, push Pukki forward. Et Voila. (although against Wycome, I think a Rupp / Vrancic central midfield would be a better choice).

Agree Rupp (just), then Cantwell as MOTM for me.

What has Hugill done wrong to deserve being dropped? He's another one that is improving with every game and if he continues to improve he's going to be a red hot option offering something different to either Pukki or Idah. 

15 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

What has Hugill done wrong to deserve being dropped? He's another one that is improving with every game and if he continues to improve he's going to be a red hot option offering something different to either Pukki or Idah. 

To be fair you can be critical of all three Idah, Pukki and Hugill, all need to find that goal touch again, we need to get 40+ goals from them if we want to get promoted.

They all work hard, all get into that area where they get the chance to score but all appear to be lacking that killer touch in front of goal. Find that and we should be good.

1 hour ago, vos said:

Certainly had a good game. He should have done, as Birmingham gave him three quarters of the pitch and most of Colney to play on !!!

That may very well be the case, but anytime Birmingham threatened he broke up play and used the ball sensibly. Exactly what you need from a holding midfielder.

It's not looking good for Kenny , if rupp keeps performing like this , fair play to rupp struggled last year but looks the real deal now .

Very unfair to give Cantwell MOM on Sky when Rupp was comfortably the best player in the game, and by some distance. If Todd stopped whingeing and just got on with it he would have scored a couple. Gary O'Neill was spot on with his comments about him - just knuckle down and do it. That's what Rupp has done and he seems to have turned everyone around (even if his first touch is still not quite there - but improving with every game).

Honourable mention to Hanley and Gibson - they didn't have a lot to do but apart from Hanley's error right at the end they were very impressive.

Quintilla has to do more to stop crosses and Aarons looks like he's operating at 80%, but it was hard to judge against such an unadventurous team. Thank God we don't have to watch that every game.

Sgncfc I watched it again, speeding through really, but without the live anxiety, knowing we won, the game looked so different this morning. We played really well and Rupp was brilliant, Todd running off the was superb and found space.

It is strange how the same game can look so different watching the rerun.

Birmingham offered nothing almost got the draw they wanted.  Rupp excellent, but Pukki was disappointing and failed to provide Hugill any support.

6 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

What has he done to deserve a starting spot? I don't think he's done anything particularly wrong or particularly right, he's just been there making the numbers up (just like Pukki). I just think Pukki is a much better player, with much better movement and technique and a better option, unless we're going to start lumping it (I hope we don't), in which case Hugill would be better.

I also think suggesting he would be red hot is a little OTT. Neither him, nor Pukki suggest either are going to be red hot but at least history has shown Pukki can be red hot. Hugill has never done that, he has, at best been warm.

6 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

It's not looking good for Kenny , if rupp keeps performing like this , fair play to rupp struggled last year but looks the real deal now .

I wouldn’t rule out kenny at all. It’s a 46 game season that has been condensed with pretty much two games a week for a while. We will need kenny and Tettey at points this season. I think there will also be a time when we start to integrate Sorensen if he is the talent we hope he is. 

i have been one that said I didn’t think the Skipp/Rupp mix quite worked but they were very good last night. My view is we just need to let the team settle down a bit, the back 5 pick themselves now, the 2 holding mids are becoming clear, so it’s just the front 4 combination that’s not quite yet oiled. Hopefully another win at the weekend will set us up for a testing 5 game spell 

Was excellent last night, my motm. However I'm still yet to be convinced about his ability against teams who press us hard or or have big strong midfielders who can easily shrug him off the ball. Birmingham were dirty and defensive but I wouldn't call them physically strong. I'm watching Brentford v Wednesday right now, watching Josh Dasilva particularly, that's the type of midfielder we're desperately crying out for imo, technically great, has a good engine to get about the pitch, confident and calm under pressure and just too strong to shrug off the ball, I wish we'd try more for this type of player instead of always going for slighter, more technical players.