MOTM for me. I've been a big critic and didn't want him to start today but he was our best player tonight in my eyes. 

• Like 12

He's coming to now and he's doing a Vrancic / Stiepermann. I could always see a player in there, but when you come in January - to a new country, after a very bad injury, to a team lacking in confidence, it is incredibly difficult to hit the ground running. That was why his passing wasn't so crisp - you're simply not used to how your teammates play, and you're also finding your own feet again.

But there's always been a fair bit to like - a diligent runner who looks after his defensive duties well and gets on with the game. Not a bad turn of pace on him too, and he was looking like a decent dribbler on some occasions too. Let's hope this trend continues apace.

He did play really well tonight, kept the ball and covered a lot of ground. I thought Vrancic made a difference off the bench again though. 

Agree. 

Deserves a post of his own, really found his feet and ran the space between defence and attack. Was the reason we scored with his tenacity and looks excellent with Skipp in midfield.

perhaps our scouts do know what they are doing 😲😅

• Like 1

I'd drop Skipp for Vrancic to be honest. Didn't do anything today and that's twice Super Mario has come on and turned a game. 

Buendia might need benching too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Yup, ordinary tonight. Rupp or Cantwell for MOM.

This is why as supporters we really should give new players an actual chance.

Bought with the view we may end up in the Championship through no fault of his own, and to his credit, he will be more than aware of the criticism he’s received but clearly has taken it like a water off a ducks back. It takes a certain kind of mentality to respond like that.

Some killer through balls tonight, and quite incisive.

Based on his performances thus far, he won’t be losing his place any time soon, and rightly so.

• Like 8

I was wrong about Rupp. This was his best game so far and he has improved rapidly this season. If he can find a couple of goals or assists then he'll be the real deal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

If Pukki is injured playing Vrancic in front of Skipp and Rupp might open more doors. Rupp seems very classy moving forward with the ball at times. Starting to gell.

Why does Pukki need to be injured to try that? Drop Hugill, push Pukki forward. Et Voila. (although against Wycome, I think a Rupp / Vrancic central midfield would be a better choice).

Agree Rupp (just), then Cantwell as MOTM for me.

Possibly his best performance for us so far. He's been good for a few games now though - starting to find his feet in the team. Much better option than Kenny imo.

• Like 1

Just now, All the Germans said:

Why does Pukki need to be injured to try that? Drop Hugill, push Pukki forward. Et Voila. (although against Wycome, I think a Rupp / Vrancic central midfield would be a better choice).

Agree Rupp (just), then Cantwell as MOTM for me.

Pukki looked to have tweaked hamstring tonight. Just adapting to events.

3 minutes ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

Fair enough, I didn't notice that. I hope he hasn't though!

20 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

MOTM for me. I've been a big critic and didn't want him to start today but he was our best player tonight in my eyes. 

That moment where he dribbled it past three Birmingham defenders was marvellous. Had it been Buendia or Mario who pulled that off the usual suspects would be crowing.

As it is, silence from most...?

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

This is why as supporters we really should give new players an actual chance.

Bought with the view we may end up in the Championship through no fault of his own, and to his credit, he will be more than aware of the criticism he’s received but clearly has taken it like a water off a ducks back. It takes a certain kind of mentality to respond like that.

Some killer through balls tonight, and quite incisive.

Based on his performances thus far, he won’t be losing his place any time soon, and rightly so.

People never, ever do though. You’d think they’d have learned after the majority of Farke’s initial imports went from ordinary to league winners in two seasons.....players new to football in this country need time to adapt but seem to get written off after a couple of games. Maybe they should start trusting our recruitment team who haven’t got too much wrong at this level so far. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

Definitely looked injured. Didn't have that spring at all.

Rupp and Skipp absolutely dominated that game. If we'd clicked going forward we would have been out of sight by half time.

Those 2 straight back in the 11 next game.

Gibson already looks a phenomenal (dare I say better) replacement for Godfrey as well. Hope we just pay the money and sign him regardless of if we go up or not.

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Rupp and Skipp absolutely dominated that game. If we'd clicked going forward we would have been out of sight by half time.

Those 2 straight back in the 11 next game.

Gibson already looks a phenomenal (dare I say better) replacement for Godfrey as well. Hope we just pay the money and sign him regardless of if we go up or not.

In fairness Birmingham sat back so far for so much of the game it was an easy night for our defenders and defensive midfielders. Infact they're probably not going to get an easier game.

• Like 1

Rupp was very good indeed. He's had quite a few good games now. Worth his place.

29 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'd drop Skipp for Vrancic to be honest. Didn't do anything today and that's twice Super Mario has come on and turned a game. 

Buendia opened them up about six times.

Vrancic May have got the goal (and is great) but we lost a bit of control of the midfield after Skipp went off.

That said, Saturday may be a game to start Vrancic as I am sure we will have a lot of the ball again. 

• Like 1