Are we talking in the last minute when he was totally done as he dived in and we nearly conceded. The difference was Cantwell whom you have slated over and over again, telling us he is not good enough.

Just now, Well b back said:

Are we talking in the last minute when he was totally done as he dived in and we nearly conceded. The difference was Cantwell whom you have slated over and over again, telling us he is not good enough.

NO. I have not said he is not good enough. I have said he's often not effective enough. Today he was excellent most of the time.

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Need I say more?

Good impact but where do you see him in the starting 11?

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Instead of Skipp based on tonight. 

I don't think Skipp had a bad night, and I'm not sure Rupp and Mario would be strong enough defensively 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Vrancic has a habit of scoring the goals that win points.

Yep in our squad good impact player. 

Think you'd need to play 4-3-2-1 to push Vrancic in. Skipp and Rupp have been a decent combination, and Rupp's revival is an early story of the season.

Vrancic, Pukki, Emi, Cantwell, Hugill, Rupp all on the pitch at the same time? Something has to give if Skipp is the shoe in DM.

Vrancic is cool under pressure and can pick a shot / deadball from just outside the box. He knows when to shoot or can pick a pass.

Quality in the final third.

Skipp and Rupp is the 2. Vrancic in behind a striker with Todd and Emi either side would be worth a go. None of our strikers really look on it at the moment though

When you get a team sitting back like Birmingham we've seen that Rupp and Skipp are not going to undo them. Rupp has a bit more of an idea and can combine better in the tight areas around the box but Skipp is a pretty safe/steady player.

For me he has to start against Wycombe in place of Skipp. Buendia ended up dropping so deep in the second half to bring some creativity from deeper positions. Vrancic can bring that to the team and let’s face it, Wycombe are going to play even less football than Birmingham did tonight so don’t think Skipp will be needed

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Old attacking midfielder who can't run or tackle in for young, hard tackling defensive midfielder. 

Yeah you're a football genius. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Actually thought we controlled things less when Mario came on. Don't think Skipp offers any more than Tettey though.

Not taking the goal away from Mario because it was a lovely finish and I do think Vrancic has that X factor at this level, but no doubting he was a lazy git being the furthest man up the field as opposed to where he should have been. If that had been Cantwell or Snodgrass Lakey would have been ****ing furious about his lack of positional discipline.

There is no substitute for quality and this guy has it, its all about the blend of the side of course we would not want a team full of Marios but he has that quality to unlock sides, let the younger lads do all the running