unique

Welcome back Todd Cantwell

4 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I'm not a big Cantwell fan, but he was brilliant tonight. Involved in everything good that we did and gave us a new dimension. Much improved from him, more displays like that and he'll win me round.

We were worried that he was more a premier league player and would struggle back in the champs. Well I think today we put paid to that. 

• Like 1

Slightly strange game, on another night could/should have had several, and was fouled from here to the moon and back. Still has an annoying demeanour at times but otherwise good to see him back!

Really should have passed towards the end of the first half, if we'd have drawn then he would have been rightly castigated for his greediness when there were two players square. That aside, though, he was very impressive, and got stronger as the game went on. The XI that started tonight definitely looks our strongest, with the possible exception of Zimbo coming in for Hanley. I thought Hanley was very solid tonight, so the choice between him and Zimbo is a good one to have.

I thought cantwell and Buendia definitely added some guile but a strange game as they had 10 behind the ball all night. Still think eventually it might be Pukki up top with one of them behind him and pace off one of the flanks. I thought Placheta off the bench looked a threat tonight too

I liked his post match interview. Talking about tuning in again, which was great to hear. Now go and take this Division by storm Todd (Well, at least until January)

He'll be this season's Grealish (marked man, always getting fouled)

Todd was just a ickle bit ring rusty tonight, but a few more games under his alice band and he'll be putting those future chances away......

I also just want Teemu to grab a few goals and get some confidence for our assault on the league.....

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

I'm not a big Cantwell fan, but he was brilliant tonight. Involved in everything good that we did and gave us a new dimension. Much improved from him, more displays like that and he'll win me round.

I know its not the point of your post but as a football fan I cant understand how someone can't be a Cantwell fan and I can't even begin to fathom it if you're a Norwich fan. Unique talent.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

He looked lazy and uninterested 😏

Ipswich fans know what that looks like................................. 😉 

9 hours ago, hogesar said:
10 hours ago, kick it off said:

I know its not the point of your post but as a football fan I cant understand how someone can't be a Cantwell fan and I can't even begin to fathom it if you're a Norwich fan. Unique talent.

I agree with kio, they are my sentiments too. I think we all have our favourites and those we don't like as much. I would rather have seen Vrancic in the starting line up rather than Todd because he is one of my favourites, but I still recognise that Todd played very well most of the time yesterday and justified his selection in the team....and that is what it is all about. 

Several players lost their way a bit last season, including Cantwell, in a season best forgotten on every level, with the ridiculous VAR stuff and the long break and then returning with no fans. He is back though, as is Pukki who looked to me to be fit and lively again.  Still would like to see more time given to Mario though!

11 hours ago, canarycop said:

Cantwell was great but not quite mom.  Rupp all day long but we look a different team with Todd and Emi in there

Have to agree, to add some strength in depth In terms of quality we could do with getting Martin up to speed too!   It will be a tough ask having to break down defences all season and can’t rely on Todd and Emi every game.     They were brilliant last night.   

1 hour ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

He looked lazy and uninterested 😏

You lost 4-1 to Doncaster mate

45 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I agree with kio, they are my sentiments too. I think we all have our favourites and those we don't like as much. I would rather have seen Vrancic in the starting line up rather than Todd because he is one of my favourites, but I still recognise that Todd played very well most of the time yesterday and justified his selection in the team....and that is what it is all about. 

Several players lost their way a bit last season, including Cantwell, in a season best forgotten on every level, with the ridiculous VAR stuff and the long break and then returning with no fans. He is back though, as is Pukki who looked to me to be fit and lively again.  Still would like to see more time given to Mario though!

Todd is 10x the player of Mario. And I love Mario. Cantwell didn't 'lose his way' (whatever that means) last season either.

16 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Todd is 10x the player of Mario. And I love Mario. Cantwell didn't 'lose his way' (whatever that means) last season either.

Todd is not ten times the player of Mario....and he did lose his way last season - like some if not most of the players.  That is no real criticism of Todd over any of the others, it is just how it was. No assists or goals in the league from January, just as Pukki didn't score enough after the first half of the season, Lewis didn't get past his man enough, Emi didn't create or score enough etc etc. 

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think you missed the sarcasm on that one (I hope anyway)

Yeah probably, but he is a self-confessed Ipswich fan so it's fair game in my book!

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Todd is not ten times the player of Mario....and he did lose his way last season - like some if not most of the players.  That is no real criticism of Todd over any of the others, it is just how it was. No assists or goals in the league from January, just as Pukki didn't score enough after the first half of the season, Lewis didn't get past his man enough, Emi didn't create or score enough etc etc. 

If Todd lost his way then what on earth happened to Mario, he could barely get into a team where all these players lost their way!

But yes, Todd's career in football will almost certainly show he's 10x the player of Mario.

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah probably, but he is a self-confessed Ipswich fan so it's fair game in my book!

Ah , didn't know that!

Boo-urns.

12 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

One thing Cantwell won't do is hide. He played very well tonight, decision making a bit off at times but a lot of our best work went through. I was actually worrying he was starting to tire a bit at the end after successive heavy challenges and probably would have subbed him rather than him give the ball away. 

Should never have been dropped in the first place!

Why? His attitude was wrong according to Farke and he left him out. That was good man management surely. Even the boy half admits it in this quote from his interview....................... I’m tuning back in - I’ve got to tune back up and get into shape again'

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If Todd lost his way then what on earth happened to Mario, he could barely get into a team where all these players lost their way!

But yes, Todd's career in football will almost certainly show he's 10x the player of Mario.

Also doesn't mention the entire team scored one league goal from open play in 2020, weird that only Todd keeps getting mentioned.

15 minutes ago, king canary said:

Also doesn't mention the entire team scored one league goal from open play in 2020, weird that only Todd keeps getting mentioned.

Weird that you didn't notice the other players I mentioned!

21 minutes ago, king canary said:

Er........ no Kingy. I know it was bad, but it wasn't THAT bad.

We actually scored a massive 3 goals from open play in the 2020 part of last season. Against Palace, Leicester and Watford. 

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Er........ no Kingy. I know it was bad, but it wasn't THAT bad.

We actually scored a massive 3 goals from open play in the 2020 part of last season. Against Palace, Leicester and Watford. 

My bad!

Still, point stands I guess.

• Like 1

No longer a fan of Cantwell - but to be fair, he did get better as the game went on, finding space between the lines of Birmingham (should have passed for an easy tap in goal)

Rupp was MOM for me - a player who has progressed a huge amount, whilst McClean is rightly sidelined

We looked solid at the back (until they went down to 10 men!) - last few mins was not good watching

Just need Beundia & Pukki fired up again, & we have a team to compete & win matches ...

Skipp is awesome - just needs to settle down a little bit now - but taking him off leaves us open to counter attacks (like the Derby robbery).  We still need a defense at the end of the game - even it is 0 - 0 (1 point is better than ZERO Mr Farke)

Gibson - fantastic signing & looking pure quality as he get's fitter & sharper (3 CB's & just 1 LB not good from Webber - should have learnt from last season)

Credit also to Hanley - as a good old fashioned CB - but very much needed in the Championship

OTBC

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Emi didn't create enough? Good grief, look at the stats from last season.

Likewise, Mario and Todd aren't remotely interchangeable. Saying "I'd rather Mario started over Todd" is like saying "I'd rather have seen Hanley at left back".