unique

Welcome back Todd Cantwell

I'm expecting him to make a lot of folks eat their words. He's been excellent tonight and with some slightly better finishing/more luck he'd have had a hat trick.

• Like 1

Absolutely superb in the closing stages. Birmingham reduced to a un unedifying mix of cynicism and thuggery to try and stop him. Was it 3 players they had booked (including the sending off) for fouls on him in the space of about 4 minutes? 

Don’t forget the other scapegoat Rupp, who was very good tonight as well. 

• Like 10

Cantwell was great but not quite mom.  Rupp all day long but we look a different team with Todd and Emi in there

• Like 1

Winning man of the match, drawing fouls/cards left right and centre, being a constant pain to their defence and generally adding a nice bit of spark will not go down well with many repeat offenders on here.

And I find that f*cking beautiful.

• Like 3

Rupp, Cantwell and Quintilla were the three best players on the pitch today.

Gibson also looks to be growing in confidence and looks more assured on the ball. 

• Like 2

Just now, Clint said:

Don’t forget the other scapegoat Rupp, who was very good tonight as well. 

Really growing on me. I gave him benefit of the doubt but never expected too much.

However, the guy looks solid alongside Skipp.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Rupp, Cantwell and Quintilla were the three best players on the pitch today.

Gibson also looks to be growing in confidence and looks more assured on the ball. 

Really finding Gibson to be a solid CB, seems a really good character too. I saw some footage of him walking down the tunnel at Rotherham and he was totally pumped, in a really infectious way.

Seems a solid leader type to me.

A couple more performances like that and I fear we really will be struggling to keep him in January. Had we had his running at players like tonight against Derby suspect we might have 3 extra points.

1 minute ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Really growing on me. I gave him benefit of the doubt but never expected too much.

However, the guy looks solid alongside Skipp.

Amazing what happens when he's played in the right position.

Just now, king canary said:

Indeed. He and Skipp seem to really compliment each other. I've a lot of time for that.

Great performance by Cantwell, busted a gut for the team and took responsibility.

Rupp was excellent and a surprise MOM?

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Like many before him he was never given a chance. Had he have come out of the Academy it would have been different.

2 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Where's that moron who was calling him cuntwell the other week?

That particular halfwit has probably decided to wind his neck in.

Superb display by TC, hence Birmingham targeted him. Especially second half

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

Like many before him he was never given a chance. Had he have come out of the Academy it would have been different.

Yes, there have been no recent examples of players from our academy coming in for unfair criticism.

• Like 1

He was everywhere and played well but did miss 3 golden chances by my estimates. Would like to see him find his shooting boots again. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Well b back said:

A couple more performances like that and I fear we really will be struggling to keep him in January. 

I think we could be clever and come to an arrangement here.

He wants to move to a bigger club, that's fine. We will only let that happen if we get mega money, that's also fine.

New contract but with reasonable agreed minimum fee release clause? 

Basically if a club offers £25m he's allowed to talk? Would stop all this silliness near to transfer deadlines, basically if his agent can find us £25m then fine, otherwise we never need to talk about it again.  

Or.... new contract, no release clause this season, but £20m release clause in the summer if we fail to win promotion? I prefer that one, as it means we won't get all this distraction again in January. 

I’m excited to see what he can do if he really kicks on. He could score for fun in this league if he really pulls together

Just now, king canary said:

Yes, there have been no recent examples of players from our academy coming in for unfair criticism.

Till my dieing day I will always remember a young lad called Harry. Manager told us how good this kid was going to be, came on missed a sitter then the comment I often bring myself telling others ‘ The worst player to ever wear a Norwich shirt ‘. I always wonder if he had signed for us would the fans have destroyed him.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He wants to move to a bigger club, that's fine. We will only let that happen if we get mega money, that's also fine.

Basically if a club offers £25m he's allowed to talk? Would stop all this silliness near to transfer deadlines, basically if his agent can find us £25m then fine, otherwise we never need to talk about it again.  

Or.... new contract, no release clause this season, but £20m release clause in the summer if we fail to win promotion? I prefer that one, as it means we won't get all this distraction again in January. 

Second one does sound sensible- I'd like to think if we're in the hunt for top 2 in January that we wouldn't sell anyone.

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think Ian Henderson had his confidence wrecked by the boo boys in the Snake Pit. 

Has since gone on to have a really impressive record in League One, and Wilder attempted to sign him at Sheffield United - had he accepted his approaches he could have gone on a wild journey, but he liked being a big fish in a small pond. 

One thing Cantwell won't do is hide. He played very well tonight, decision making a bit off at times but a lot of our best work went through. I was actually worrying he was starting to tire a bit at the end after successive heavy challenges and probably would have subbed him rather than him give the ball away. 

Should never have been dropped in the first place!

Edited by Capt. Pants

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yep would agree with that.
Strangely we really need him to fire us to the top and that would just give us a chance of keeping him.

I'm not a big Cantwell fan, but he was brilliant tonight. Involved in everything good that we did and gave us a new dimension. Much improved from him, more displays like that and he'll win me round.

• Like 2