Sign in to follow this  
Mullet

We could have been Leeds

Oh but they've got all those injuries and the wind was in the wrong direction last night and they're still not allowed to spy zzzzzzzzzzzz

Bamford continues to look like someone who’s won a competition to play alongside actual footballers. Twice the service to him was spot on and he fluffed his lines. Must be horrible to be Harrison, Costa, Klich playing some lovely stuff and then watch the cheating fraud mess it up.

Leeds style of play means even Bamford has looked ok stats wise but it’s a style that relies on taking chances because of the potential for counter attacks against them. They won’t be facing the quality of Vardy/Barnes etc counter attacking on them each week (Leeds really played into their hands) and I predict they’ll stay up. But they’ll get some thrashings along the way - and a lot will be due to the ineptitude of their main ‘striker.

Early season form shows promise, coach is lauded for teams approach to playing, striker (who many doubted) does well and scores a hat trick, suddenly they are hit by injuries and the results drop off.

Leeds are becoming Norwich. 😀

• Like 2

Their hundred mile an hour style will be enough to keep them up but they usually fade away towards the end of the season. I thought they played some nice stuff at times but trying to overrun real qaulity is a hard ask.

Edited by ricardo

They desperately miss Kalvin Phillips - probably as important to them as any of our centre backs were to us. If he's out for a long time they're going to struggle to keep the goals against column respectable. That gives them the same problem we had - having to score at least two to get anything out of most games. Also like us they are pleasing on the eye, but when the season is in full throttle they will get steamrollered like we did.

But half the Delia Out-ers assured me that Leeds 'ambition' simply wouldn't allow them to get relegated? So it simply cannot happen, right?

• Like 1

Conceded 17 goals. more than any other team.

More than 2 per game so they need to score 3 to win. Not possible to do that throughout the season.

As much as I'd like to see them go down, and as iffy as their defensive record is, I'm sure there will be three worse sides than them over the course of the season. Leeds already have a six, seven, eight and nine point cushion already over Fulham, West Brom, Burnley and Sheffield United respectively. I'd be surprised if two of those four could make the ground up.

Not really.  Just hoping they’d waste £30 million buying Todd Cantwell in January and then we can buy him and Kalvin Phillips back from them in July. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

As much as I'd like to see them go down, and as iffy as their defensive record is, I'm sure there will be three worse sides than them over the course of the season. Leeds already have a six, seven, eight and nine point cushion already over Fulham, West Brom, Burnley and Sheffield United respectively. I'd be surprised if two of those four could make the ground up.

Unfortunately, I think this is correct....... but we can live in hope. The real acid rest is the second season though. 

On 03/11/2020 at 08:30, A Load of Squit said:

Early season form shows promise, coach is lauded for teams approach to playing, striker (who many doubted) does well and scores a hat trick, suddenly they are hit by injuries and the results drop off.

Striker has possible game changing goal ruled out by VAR for offside when it looks like it wasn't.

Leeds are becoming Norwich.

19 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

12/1 still to go down. Some of the experts on here could make a fortune but I doubt any will place a wager. 

I've had a cheeky go - 12/1 with Sky Bet isn't bad. Especially if Leeds are really doing a Leeds again, which is entirely possible.

What about Sheffield United too? I told you to stop wishing we were them..

54 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I've had a cheeky go - 12/1 with Sky Bet isn't bad. Especially if Leeds are really doing a Leeds again, which is entirely possible.

What about Sheffield United too? I told you to stop wishing we were them..

12/1 is generous but won’t win. She’d Utd have got off to a very sticky start but have had a nasty set of fixtures. Let’s see the table settle down in the coming weeks. No team looks doomed just yet I’d say. 

Arrogant Leeds fans I spoke to after we were relegated could not understand my happy feelings about being able to avoid the dreaded VAR this season.  On the radio this morning I learned that they had a Bamford equalising goal  chalked off for offside and Bamford complaining that it was a part of his body that cannot be used to score being the culprit. 

Those happy feelings returned ........ LOL

On 03/11/2020 at 08:30, A Load of Squit said:

On 08/11/2020 at 08:44, A Load of Squit said:

Striker has possible game changing goal ruled out by VAR for offside when it looks like it wasn't.

Leeds are becoming Norwich.

Winning away at Goodison. 😀

7 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Winning away at Goodison. 😀

Only 1-0. We won 2-0 away there last season and some bloke called Srbeny who normally plays at Sloughbottom Park scored. 😉 

• Haha 1