LB: Xavi QUINTILLA
RDM: Oliver SKIPP
LDM: Lukas RUPP
LAM: Przemyslav PLACHETA
ACM: Todd CANTWELL
RAM: Emiliano BUENDIA
CF: Jordan HUGILL

Subs: McGovern, Tettey, Stiepermann (or Sorensen), Idah, Pukki, McLean, Vrancic

Worth giving Hugill a run now. He would have scored if the Rotherham centre-half had missed the OG, and got the penalty as well. Pukki's earned a bit of a rest so if we need to, bring him off the bench. I really want to see Cantwell or Buendia in the hole and not on a wing though. Buendia is good at cutting in and creating space for Aarons to go up though, and their partnership is well-grooved so keep it together.

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

11.png

I think that puts way too much pressure on Skipp, personally.

I would like to see Pukki and Hugill start together; not as an out-and-out front two, but with one or the other playing in the hole. If that was an option, who do people think would make the better '10'?

Pukki has bags of energy and will probably track back more, but he's also better at timing his runs to get in behind. I'd consider trying Hugill in the hole; I just don't rate Stiepermann in that position, and I wonder whether Hugill might be quite effective there. It'd be good to have a player with a striker's instincts who can play there, because Stiepi doesn't really offer much goal threat or assist potential. This might be especially effective if we don't play with our pacy wingers, as Hugill is more effective as our '9' when we have wingers who can cross to his head.

So I'd try:

Krul
Aarons Hanley Gibson Quintilla
Skipp Rupp
Buendia Hugill Cantwell
Pukki

Any room for Tettey or Idah anyone?

What about:

Krul

Aarons     Hanley     Gibson     Quintilla

Skipp     Tettey

Buendia     Pukki     Placheta

Hugill

Cantwell, Idah, Vrancic, Rupp, Stiepermann, McGovern

Can't find room for Josh Martin, McLean or Sorensen on the bench sadly. Thin of course on defensive cover. 

But I'd be surprised if DF didn't start Rupp & Idah again. He has form with giving 'Idah-esque' prospects a run of games, although Cantwell coming back complements/complicates the selection. Interesting how Skipp & Rupp controlled midfield during a loss and we won with a porous midfield. I'm in the "bring in Tetts to shore it up" brigade, for a few of the upcoming games anyway. 

Simple really... we should play 4-2- 2 wider players with one up top as usual but leave Buendia free to find the spaces ... just keep feeding him in the holes...   he’s our best No 10 by a country mile...

Edited by ged in the onion bag

Just now, ged in the onion bag said:

Simple really... we should play 4-2- 2 wider players with one up top as usual but leave Buendia free to find the spaces ... just keep feeding him in the holes...   he’s our best No 10 by miles....

He’s the best player in the Championship too. 

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He’s the best player in the Championship too. 

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

He has the ability to be the best player in the Championship, but he needs to be consistent for that. Grealish was a better player last time we were here.

I love his ability going forward when his head is in the game, I really do. But I don't think he stands out as brilliantly as some fans want him to. Bags of potential and still relatively young but he needs to start delivering on a regular basis and cut out some of the histrionics. 

11 minutes ago, chicken said:

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

He has the ability to be the best player in the Championship, but he needs to be consistent for that. Grealish was a better player last time we were here.

I love his ability going forward when his head is in the game, I really do. But I don't think he stands out as brilliantly as some fans want him to. Bags of potential and still relatively young but he needs to start delivering on a regular basis and cut out some of the histrionics. 

Indeed, his attitude is still pretty awful from time to time sadly.

Krul

Aarons     Hanley     Gibson     Quintilla

Skipp     Tettey

Buendia     Stieperman    Cantwell

Pukki

Just a question to those who are putting Tettey in, who's the back-up centre-half with Zimmermann out?

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Just a question to those who are putting Tettey in, who's the back-up centre-half with Zimmermann out?

Tettey, can bring a midfielder on for a centre half if needed and Tettey moves back.

Edited by Haus

45 minutes ago, Tracey Rix said:

Cantwell must start on the bench

disagree, especially with Hernandez out. 

Krul 

Cantwell Cantwell Cantwell Cantwell 

Cantwell Cantwell Cantwell Cantwell 

Cantwell Cantwell 

47 minutes ago, Tracey Rix said:

Cantwell must start on the bench 

Yeah but...are you sure? You seem a little undecided.

Krul

Aaron's   Hanley        Gibson    Quintilla 

Rupp             Skipp

Buendia        Marco         Placheta 

Hugill

For me Buendia and Pukki work so well together anticipating runs etc, so I would love Pukki to start but Farke will start with Hugill.

The only change I would/ see farke doing is Placheta. I think Idah and Pukki on the bench is ideal if things are not quite ticking.

Vrancic, tettey and Cantwell.

Cannot wait to see sorenson given a run out soon, hoping he can become a regular.

I know Farke doesnt believe in changing the formation or winning team but I think we could look at the 2 upfront soon. 

We have not set any game alight yet and I am worried that maybe 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear might have already been shown in this formation.

We will see but looking forward to a midweek game.

21 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think that puts way too much pressure on Skipp, personally.

I would like to see Pukki and Hugill start together; not as an out-and-out front two, but with one or the other playing in the hole. If that was an option, who do people think would make the better '10'?

Pukki has bags of energy and will probably track back more, but he's also better at timing his runs to get in behind. I'd consider trying Hugill in the hole; I just don't rate Stiepermann in that position, and I wonder whether Hugill might be quite effective there. It'd be good to have a player with a striker's instincts who can play there, because Stiepi doesn't really offer much goal threat or assist potential. This might be especially effective if we don't play with our pacy wingers, as Hugill is more effective as our '9' when we have wingers who can cross to his head.

So I'd try:

Krul
Aarons Hanley Gibson Quintilla
Skipp Rupp
Buendia Hugill Cantwell
Pukki

Correct Wolfie! 10 points to gryffindor! (well correct players) 

Edited by NFN FC

Just now, NFN FC said:

Correct Wolfie! 10 points to gryffindor! 

I'm a Ravenclaw, but I appreciate the sentiment 😄

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

I'm a Ravenclaw, but I appreciate the sentiment 😄

No one's a ravenclaw! 

• Haha 2