CANARYKING

Stick or twist- team for Tuesday

Farke doesn't tend to change winning teams unless he has to because of injuries so I suspect Cantwell will be on the bench with Pukki.

7 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Farke doesn't tend to change winning teams unless he has to because of injuries so I suspect Cantwell will be on the bench with Pukki.

Agree and unless Birmingham play some unique style where we have adapt then you should always play the same team after a win. 

You could argue Placheta to play as well. 

We won, we got better as Rotherham ran out of steam to press. 

Why change it, unless Farke spots something and makes a tactical change. 

But don't worry, win or lose, not playing cantwell will now become a forum and Facebook idiots chance to attack the manager. 

• Like 1

Pukki in for Idah. 

No sleight upon the young man intended but Teemu's all-round game is the tops, whilst one so young as Adam must not be over used.

Besides, we need Pukki back into the scoring habit as being a crucial element to the season. Confidence, and all that.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

But don't worry, win or lose, not playing cantwell will now become a forum and Facebook idiots chance to attack the manager. 

I suppose that last remark might be seen as baiting or trolling i think it was what you were saying last night. Not exactly the first or even the tenth time you have posted on here describing fans as idiots now is it ?  😜

42 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Pukki in for Idah. 

No sleight upon the young man intended but Teemu's all-round game is the tops, whilst one so young as Adam must not be over used.

Besides, we need Pukki back into the scoring habit as being a crucial element to the season. Confidence, and all that.

Fully agree, Idah for the last 10 minutes bullying tired defenders please. 

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

Pukki was on when we became a winning team on Saturday, pretty sure that will be Farke’s get out of jail free card as I assume Pukki was being rested after international duty. 

16 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I suppose that last remark might be seen as baiting or trolling i think it was what you were saying last night. Not exactly the first or even the tenth time you have posted on here describing fans as idiots now is it ?  😜

Jerry is a breath of fresh air on here but I’m surprised he didn’t join the forum years ago. 

• Haha 4

I’d like to see Placheta get a run (presumably for Idah), and Todd could easily come back into the starting line-up (for Stiepi).  I suppose we may have picked up some knocks (Skipp?) that enforce changes but there’s otherwise a strong argument for keeping the same XI.

I'd keep the back four, Skipp and Rupp together, Buendia in and Hugill up top. Need that spine to gel. Placheta should start for me on the left and put Cantwell in the middle.

Obviously, this is all "knocks permitting", but we're still trying to gel, so only make changes to ease loads.

I would not persist with Idah out wide as I don;t think it works either for the team or for him. I'd like to see Placheta out there to give us a wide threat. 

I think you need to give Hugill another go though so wonder if he is tempted to play Pukki behind Hugill in the Stiepermann position. 

We also know that Karanka side is going to be tough to breakdown and most likely play on the break so I think i'd be tempted to start Vrancic in midfield to give us another player who can unlock the door. 

Back 4 stays the same. 

23 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Jerry is a breath of fresh air on here but I’m surprised he didn’t join the forum years ago. 

I think you might be suggesting Midlands that he is City1st but there is absolutely nothing remotely indicating in what he posts or the style that it is him. Somebody suggested it was him a couple of weeks ago and it has gathered momentum with a handful of other posters but unless i have failed to spot something that gives the game away i don;t think it is him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Cantwell come in for either Stipermann or Idah, potentially Placheta to come in as well for the other one.

Think even Farke is going to have to embrace a bit of rotation this season with the number of games in a quick succession. 

Cantwell on the bench if he has recovered from his ' knock ' and the same starting eleven as has already been stated Farke does not change a winning team unless he is forced into it.

15 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I would not persist with Idah out wide as I don;t think it works either for the team or for him. I'd like to see Placheta out there to give us a wide threat. 

I think you need to give Hugill another go though so wonder if he is tempted to play Pukki behind Hugill in the Stiepermann position. 

We also know that Karanka side is going to be tough to breakdown and most likely play on the break so I think i'd be tempted to start Vrancic in midfield to give us another player who can unlock the door. 

Back 4 stays the same. 

I agree that in build-up play Idah on the left didn't really offer us anything yet he's clearly told to come in centrally at times and when he did he caused problems and possibly should have scored.

I understand why you say about Vrancic in midfield but then who partners? Both Rupp and Skipp played well on Saturday but neither were disciplined enough. Both used their relative pace and mobility to cover one another and Vrancic isn't able to do that.

I think if we drop Idah, which would make sense, we can't really replace him with Pukki because neither Pukki or Stiepermann would be at their most effective on the left wing. I'd be tempted to bring in Pukki for Stiepermann and play him as a ten, and also bring in Placheta for Idah as a more natural wide option. 

That would still leave us with several great options on the bench (excluding defenders, of course).

12 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I think you might be suggesting Midlands that he is City1st but there is absolutely nothing remotely indicating in what he posts or the style that it is him. Somebody suggested it was him a couple of weeks ago and it has gathered momentum with a handful of other posters but unless i have failed to spot something that gives the game away i don;t think it is him.

More importantly then, where is City 1st? 

• Haha 1

Twist. I know Farke doesn't like to change a winning team but we only scraped it. It could've easily be a loss with how we played. 

I think Idah out for Placheta and Stiepermann out for either Cantwell or Pukki would help create more chances to breakdown a side that will put up a wall. 

41 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think if we drop Idah, which would make sense, we can't really replace him with Pukki because neither Pukki or Stiepermann would be at their most effective on the left wing. I'd be tempted to bring in Pukki for Stiepermann and play him as a ten, and also bring in Placheta for Idah as a more natural wide option. 

That would still leave us with several great options on the bench (excluding defenders, of course).

Yes I could see us doing that. I'm loathe to play Pukki there because it didn;t work that well when we tried it at the start of the promotion season and it was only when we moved him up front that we clicked. He also offers more with his runs in behind than Hugill, but if we could get them alternating so Hugill drops deep to cover Pukki when he runs in behind and they each have a bit of flexibility then I think it could work. I agree a straight swap of Idah for Pukki doesn;t really work. Cantwell or Placheta for Idah does. 

And I don;t think Idah has done anything wrong its just not really his position although as Hogesar said he does look a threat when he cuts in from there and shoots.

Anyone know if theres a presser today? Be interesting to see whos in contention. 

Edited by crab man

2 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

You could argue Placheta to play as well. 

We won, we got better as Rotherham ran out of steam to press. 

Why change it, unless Farke spots something and makes a tactical change. 

End of bell comment again as expected.

I think there should be a straight swap Idah for Placheta.

We desperately needed more early crosses in for Hugill and Stiepermann to get on the end of on Saturday so with that target man i think it makes sense to play more of a traditional winger.

Bringing Cantwell into the starting 11 now would still send the wrong message to the squad for me, especially after a win.

1 hour ago, lharman7 said:

We desperately needed more early crosses in for Hugill and Stiepermann to get on the end of on Saturday so with that target man i think it makes sense to play more of a traditional winger.

Bringing Cantwell into the starting 11 now would still send the wrong message to the squad for me, especially after a win.

Are you trying to suggest that Stiepermann is good in the air?    He’s tall but that’s about the size of it!    

listening to the interviews (e.g Hugills encouraging words), the reality of the players attitudes is significantly different to the perception of the complainers on here!    Suspect Cantwell has done little wrong in the whole scheme of things....so he could deserve to come back in although it’s not usually Farke’s way in any event.

Want to see us put out the best side available whilst developing the players we will need long term ASAP!    
For this one...

Krul

Aarons, Hanley, Gibson, Quintilla 

Skipp, Sorensen

Platcheta                           Martin

Buendia   

Hugill / Pukki

1 hour ago, lharman7 said:

Agree , Todd on the bench, bring him on if we need to , otherwise let him sit and consider how fortunate he is to get payed for playing footy occasionally. 

• Thanks 1

Sticking with a winning side always sends the best message to players imho, and encourages those starting to play their A game and retain ‘their’ spot - it is theirs to lose. But would definitely expect Todd to come on and show what he’s made of around the 70 minute mark or so. Then it’s up to him and any other substitute to show they deserve to start against the Chairboys. Competition is good and exactly what we need! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Are you trying to suggest that Stiepermann is good in the air?    He’s tall but that’s about the size of it!    

No but he is a physical presence and difficult to play against.