1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Despite the grumbles on here for not spending up front, it was very obvious that the Amadou and Duda loans were made with a view to becoming permanents should we have been happy with their contribution and also retained Premier League status.  I’m fairly sure that was mentioned quite clearly from the outset when we signed Amadou - loan with the option to buy. And how wise were we to do that. There is more evidence to suggest that these were players actually identified by Webber and Farke than others that you talk of that have no name - obviously, because we actually brought them in. Don’t discount there could have been others in the mix, but better to work with what we actually know to be true. An upfront spend to satisfy some would have been disastrous but as it turns out, Webber and Farke played it exactly right. Same players, less risk. And not counting the cost this season from wasted fees on those two alone.

I believe we have done exactly the same with Ben Gibson and Xavi Quintilla this season, who thus far look like they’ll very much work out as we had hoped Amadou and Duda would’ve last season.

Amadou yeah, Duda? Less sure on that. We were bottom when we signed him and I don't remember any reports about anything being agreed about a permanent deal.

You're right though we can only work with what we know to be true which means the whole discussion is pretty moot. 

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

Who are we wishing we are tonight?

Still Man City please!

• Haha 1

On 20/10/2020 at 13:30, king canary said:

Amadou yeah, Duda? Less sure on that. We were bottom when we signed him and I don't remember any reports about anything being agreed about a permanent deal.

You're right though we can only work with what we know to be true which means the whole discussion is pretty moot. 

If Amadou had only been available on a full transfer we wouldn’t have been interested. 

On 18/10/2020 at 21:22, Alex Moss said:

They look a hell of a better outfit than last season. Just as well they kept hold of Dean Smith I reckon ; )

Lots of the fans wanted him out, but it seems to be a bit like Lambert and Culverhouse, they bring in Craig Shakespeare to work alongside Smith and things change.

Just now, ron obvious said:

Blimey. Lady Di's on fire!

His 1 goal in 8 attempts is coming down to respectable figures for a striker. Made for the Prem?! Bielsa has stuck with him fair dues. And it's being repaid.

How strange this season has been, Liverpool thrashed by Villa and now Leeds comfortably the better side.

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

The ‘let’s never spend gang are all eyes on Sheff Utd now ‘ 

Keep me out of it please. 

Isn't there something you should be looking up?

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Keep me out of it please. 

Isn't there something you should be looking up?

It’s banter Nutty! Not personal in the slightest. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s banter Nutty! Not personal in the slightest. 

This board is banter.

You overstepped that.

According to many ‘ the 2 worst players to ever put a Norwich shirt on ‘ were Bamford and Kane.

Who wouldn’t mind them upfront now.

23 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Fair play to Bamford, never thought I'd see him making the grade in the Premier League.

Well, he never worked so hard before. The sheer intensity of this Leeds side is amazing and because of that they are reaping the rewards.

1 minute ago, paul moy said:

Well, he never worked so hard before. The sheer intensity of this Leeds side is amazing and because of that they are reaping the rewards.

They look very half decent, great coach just like we have. Only difference is he was very well backed upon promotion. 

14 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The ‘let’s never spend gang are all eyes on Sheff Utd now ‘ 

Hang on! It was the 'look at Sheffield United, that's exactly what we should be doing' gang that started the comparisons.. 

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Hang on! It was the 'look at Sheffield United, that's exactly what we should be doing' gang that started the comparisons.. 

Well everyone has their comparisons don't they?

Couple of years ago for some it was Fulham, ignoring Wolves. 

Last season Sheffield were the bell of the ball but Villa were to be mocked- £100m just to stay up on the final day?

All I think we can say with much certainty right now are two things in the Premier League...

• Spending loads of money doesn't guarantee success
  • Spending nothing seems to guarantee relegation

14 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Along with great glee Villa were joining us but your comment is correct (reluctantly conceded ) Were you impressed with Leeds last night 😉

Edited by Midlands Yellow

14 minutes ago, king canary said:

Well everyone has their comparisons don't they?

Couple of years ago for some it was Fulham, ignoring Wolves. 

Last season Sheffield were the bell of the ball but Villa were to be mocked- £100m just to stay up on the final day?

All I think we can say with much certainty right now are two things in the Premier League...

• Spending loads of money doesn't guarantee success
  • Spending nothing seems to guarantee relegation

I think you mean "belle"....."bell" gives it a kind of different meaning........

• Like 1

Worth bumping to show what a funny old game football is.

1/2 time Villa 0 Southampton 3

To cover all bases to show how football is a funny old game, by the time you read this it could be Villa 4 Southampton 3