Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

I’ve no idea really, adding better players and sitting 3rd in the table helps though. 

Aren’t

They look a hell of a better outfit than last season. Just as well they kept hold of Dean Smith I reckon ; )

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Why

...Ar-en’t

....WE....

.....VILLLLLLLAAAAAAAA....!!!!!

Not remotely envious that we cannot be performing like that in the prem? 

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

Not remotely envious that we cannot be performing like that in the prem? 

Maybe one day, we’ll be Aston Villa?

0CE9CD28-05DB-4B6D-877B-C7C11DFBE90C.jpeg

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

Sadly, our supporters lack the ambition to be anything other than little ‘ole Norwich.

Along come Norwich too

12 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

Sadly, our supporters lack the ambition to be anything other than little ‘ole Norwich.

Assuming you’re correct, if all supporters shared your unequaled desire for unparalleled success - what difference would it make? Is that how it works, we win the Champions League next week?

As it happens, I’d be very surprised if there’s any supporters on here or otherwise that wouldn’t like to see NCFC successful. 

Great start to the season for them but I have no desire to be Villa or any other club. Some fans on here, I think, would enjoy football far more if they just picked the team they supported at the end of each season as the benefit of hindsight would mean they'd always pick the successful one. 

• Like 1

Surely there is some middle ground between those that want to spend silly money and those that want to spend peanuts. 

Seems like on this forum there is no middle ground. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Great start to the season for them but I have no desire to be Villa or any other club. Some fans on here, I think, would enjoy football far more if they just picked the team they supported at the end of each season as the benefit of hindsight would mean they'd always pick the successful one. 

Don’t be silly! No one on here is a glory supporter or desires to be. Some just see Norwich as a club that can’t quite mix it with the big boys and find it a tad frustrating. 

Villa were teetering on the edge financially. Their CEO said as much. They gambled (and it was a gamble - not a calculated risk, which is an oxymoron) on spending even more to stay up. Which they did by the skin of their collective teeth. Thanks in part to the single most obvious officiating/technological clanger of the whole season. By way of that they have seemingly got themselves into a position in which they can spend again. Fine. We could not have afforded (literallty) to take such a perilous gamble in the first place. But then neither in any sane universe could Villa.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Villa were teetering on the edge financially. Their CEO said as much. They gambled (and it was a gamble - not a calculated risk, which is an oxymoron) on spending even more to stay up. Which they did by the skin of their collective teeth. Thanks in part to the single most obvious officiating/technological clanger of the whole season. By way of that they have seemingly got themselves into a position in which they can spend again. Fine. We could not have afforded (literallty) to take such a perilous gamble in the first place. But then neither in any sane universe could Villa.

So in essence is it working out for them or not? 

2 hours ago, Highland Canary said:

And the odd £200m that they've spent in the last two seasons....and a wageroll which is more than our annual turnover would be even if we'd stayed up. But don't let facts get in the way of a good moan.

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

So in essence is it working out for them or not? 

Your question is irelevant to what is possible (by which I mean financially sane) for us. If that reality displeases you then you need to argue in the right place (which is not here, fun as that is) for change.

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Your question is irelevant to what is possible (by which I mean financially sane) for us. If that reality displeases you then you need to argue in the right place (which is not here, fun as that is) for change.

Exactly, because of our model, self financing approach or however we rebrand the project in the future. We can’t compete under this regime or similar (master Tom) in the top league. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Exactly, because of our model, self financing approach or however we rebrand the project in the future. We can’t compete under this regime or similar (master Tom) in the top league. 

With a bit more lady luck last season (injuries, loan signings working out etc) we may have been ‘doing a Villa’ now. 

I don’t know how many other 100’s of pro football clubs around Europe dream of Man City type investment, but stamping our feet and screaming ‘I want!, I want!’ unfortunately probably won’t be quite enough to yield such a backer. 

As for one of the Far Eastern billionaires that are queuing up for a slice of FCR, I have bad news. Yellow is seen as a very unlucky colour, and given how seriously people there take superstition, I think you can do the math from here on in.

But you would have to support the odious Grealish.  Pity we can't rustle up £200m to make the odd signing.  Early days still time for it to fall apart.