Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

If you want to start a new thread

13 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

The average adult spends more time on the toilet than they do exercising.

I have a patent pending on a Trainlet... no , not a small train but a Toilet with a combination of a nordic track and an exercise bike fitted, internet connected so you cam join that group pelaton  thing they advertise on telly. I can see it now... " Franko in Norfolk , you can do this !  one more deep breath and good push  and you've topped the leader board in today's crapathon, dig deep( yuk!) , puuuuuush the limits, Good job !! Aaaand rest and rehydrate".

• Haha 1

The word "censorship" is censored in China.

There's a village in Norway called Hell that freezes over every winter.

Baby otters can't swim.

You can't hum if you hold your nose. (My daughter told me that one!)

The Masai people believe all cattle belong to them.

Giraffes can clean their ears with their tongues.

Elephants can't jump.

Butterflies taste through their feet.

LEGO is the largest tyre manufacturer in the world. (a kid to thank again for that one)

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is a fear of long words (sadly had to resort to Google for that one for correct spelling)

Here's one for you folks if we are doing facts.

in 1989 the USSR traded 17 submarines, a cruiser, frigate and a destroyer in exchange for Pepsi to operate in the USSR. Yes, you read that correct. In 1989 the USSR made the Pepsi company the 6th largest and most powerful navy fleet in the world. All that in excahnge for that sweet sweet sticky sugary black necter.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

"You can't hum if you hold your nose. (My daughter told me that one!)"

Trialled this and it's true.👍

13 minutes ago, Herman said:

"You can't hum if you hold your nose. (My daughter told me that one!)"

Trialled this and it's true.👍

Try giving your elbow a little lick!

• Haha 1

Crab sticks don’t actually contain any crab. and from 1993, manufactures have been legally obliged to label them ‘crab flavoured sticks’. Another one of those same time tomorrow.

11 hours ago, paddycanary said:

Charlie Chaplin once came third in a Charlie Chaplin lookalike contest.

Charlie Chaplin was the oldest person to write a UK no 1 single 

11 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Crab sticks don’t actually contain any crab. and from 1993, manufactures have been legally obliged to label them ‘crab flavoured sticks’. Another one of those same time tomorrow.

You eat a Crab flavoured stick at the same time every day, knowing full well that they contain no Crab. I salute you sir, for courage in the face of disgusting processed food,

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, seanthecanary said:

Sharks only attack you if you are wet

Not true Seano, ever heard of a drysuit? i would wager that a shark pays little heed to whether its next meal is marinated or not.

The collective noun for a group of jellyfish is a "smack". And that's why Heroin is known by the nickname "smack" as Jelly fish produce a natural version of it. (I might have just made that second "fact" up, but it deserves to be true)

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Not true Seano, ever heard of a drysuit? i would wager that a shark pays little heed to whether its next meal is marinated or not.

I'm sure I saw this excellent natural history documentary series and the sharks were all on land trying to eat people...I think it was called Sharknado? 🤔🤣

Appes

• Haha 1

On 19/10/2020 at 11:08, Mr Apples said:

I'm sure I saw this excellent natural history documentary series and the sharks were all on land trying to eat people...I think it was called Sharknado? 🤔🤣

Appes

George RR Martin (writer of Game of Thrones) had a cameo appearance in the classic Sharknado 3.