Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Newport County to investigate why teams did not take knee before Tranmere game

2 minutes ago, City fan said:

So what you are saying, you plonker, is that only BLM. You are a *anker. 

*deeper sigh*

No, you window licker. I will try with pictures, as I imagine you might struggle less.

All-Lives-Matter.png

• Like 7

What a stupid thread to start.

Completely irrelevant to a Norwich forum and it's simply baiting.

This was only ever going to go one way, but I think you knew that.

Just a different kind of troll.

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Anyway, Aguero putting his hand on Sian Massey’s shoulder ....

“She could have been killed”

AB3680E1-1860-450D-AA01-DB31091B97C4.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Only not cool if you're a brainwashed woke fool. 

38 minutes ago, City fan said:

So what you are saying, you plonker, is that only BLM. You are a *anker. 

Have you people not learnt anything in these last few months. I hate you both. I'm ashamed to support the same team as you and it sickens me to think that I will be sitting in the same stadium as you. 

I hope you are proud of your racist and discriminatory views. 

Edited by NFN FC
  • Like 7

Few things say "snowflake" more than complaining about this gesture. That said, I do think Les Ferdinand made the point that it is essentially a form of slacktivism, and he would have a salient point there.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 3

The problem with the knee is its now become a very empty gesture, and isn't actually achieving anything. It had an effect in the Villa v Sheffield match, but since I've twice seen players forget to take the knee and sprint off as if the game had kicked off instead, Mane for Liverpool and Rashford for England (irony hey?). 

Keep taking the knee..... Stop taking the knee doesn't bother me either way, but let's stop pretending it's actually achieving anything. 

Edited by Michael Wynless Jones

3 hours ago, Number9 said:

Nobody should be treated better or worse because of their skin colour or ethnicity. 

Totally agree with you mate - I’ve always wanted all racism to end. In my opinion though anyone who thinks calling it “Black Lives Matter” looks right also thinks that calling it “White Lives Don’t Matter” looks just as right

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

Totally agree with you mate - I’ve always wanted all racism to end. In my opinion though anyone who thinks calling it “Black Lives Matter” looks right also thinks that calling it “White Lives Don’t Matter” looks just as right

I fail to understand those who look down on others because of their skin colour or ethnicity. 

Yes, there are huge differences between different cultures, we find it quite hilarious sometimes when we come across these foibles with friends from different cultures,  but that doesn't mean I'm better or worse than they are. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, City fan said:

I'd rather be a window licker than a c**t like you. 

Don't worry, you hit the window licker/c*** double, you've got both locked down.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

BLM wish to defund the police. Not cool. 

Do you know what this means ?

9 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

Quite frankly this shows a real lack of understanding of the issue. First, it is a gross logical non sequitur to claim that "white lives don't matter" follows from "Black lives matter", nothing of the sort is implied by the latter statement. But much worse it shows that you have little or no understanding of the concept of institutionalised racism. The statement "Black Lives Matter" (BLM) has a very intentional ellipsis, and where you think that ellipsis belongs will tell you an awful lot about your deeply embedded (sub-conscious) attitude to racism. If you think that the ellipsis belongs at the begining of BLM then you will naturally think the claim is "Only BLM". If you think that the ellipsis belongs at the end of BLM then you will naturally think the claim is "BLM Too". The first claim is racist, the second is an expression of equality. No-one with any intellectual or moral integrity could claim that the protest is claiming anything other than Black Lives Matter Too. To suggest that it is really claiming that only BLM shows at best a level of hostility to the idea of racial equality, and at worst blatant racism. Of course all lives matter, but "all lives matter" will only be true when black lives matter too.

I have no doubt that you are not some swivel-eyed overt racist. But I do think the onus is on you, and indeed all of us, to examine very carefully what we say in debates like this to see whether it betrays some deep-seated sub-conscious attitudes that need addressing. I'm afraid that your attempted (false) equivalence between "Black lives matter" and "White lives don't matter" betrays a deep-seated worrying attitude.

Edited by horsefly
missing text
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

No it doesn't.

As many have said 'save the whales didn't mean **** the dolphins.'

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just need to keep all political nonsense particularly woke nonsense out of football and let us have one areas where we can just enjoy 22 burly and straight men kick a ball about 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Just need to keep all political nonsense particularly woke nonsense out of football and let us have one areas where we can just enjoy 22 burly and straight men kick a ball about 

Really? A good number of those men are black and have suffered racist abuse from fans and fellow professionals alike. And some of those "burly and straight" men will be gay (Just like Justin Fashanu). They all have a right to compete on equal terms. Think before you speak.

• Like 2

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

A very tall order for that particular Cretin  Horso!!!

Haha! indeed! I did try to make it easier by suggesting a chronological order to the two activities but I suspect it will still be too much of a struggle.

20 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Really? A good number of those men are black and have suffered racist abuse from fans and fellow professionals alike. And some of those "burly and straight" men will be gay (Just like Justin Fashanu). They all have a right to compete on equal terms. Think before you speak.

I'm assuming you're newish here- there is no point taking Uncle Fred seriously. He's a wind up merchant/troll who for some reason is allowed to keep clogging up this forum.

22 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I don’t see the need to bring in people’s sexual orientation or politics into the game  and how it enhances it what so ever, call me an old gammon but I enjoy my match day experience as it is, sorry if that is not woke enough for you