Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

Tonight...

Missed the game as I was driving back from a few days away, got angry and posted after we conceded yet another simple goal but haven’t seen any highlights yet so am reserving further comments until I’ve had a chance to look at the footage. Am happy with 3 points regardless of how we played, but if people are crowing about us beating Rotherham with a last-gasp penalty like it’s some kind of massive endorsement of the situation then I think they’ve had too many celebratory post-match drinks.

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Missed the game as I was driving back from a few days away, got angry and posted after we conceded yet another simple goal but haven’t seen any highlights yet so am reserving further comments until I’ve had a chance to look at the footage. Am happy with 3 points regardless of how we played, but if people are crowing about us beating Rotherham with a last-gasp penalty like it’s some kind of massive endorsement of the situation then I think they’ve had too many celebratory post-match drinks.

FDDED558-DD5F-4863-8370-100A710B15A4.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I mean I did catch myself wildly celebrating only to remember it's Rotherham with ten men

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Enjoy the win, CW, regardless of what time the goals come in a match! Personally I love a 95th minute winner - much prefer it to one of those games which is a 1-0 from the 4th minute!

Just now, Alex Moss said:

Enjoy the win, CW, regardless of what time the goals come in a match! Personally I love a 95th minute winner - much prefer it to one of those games which is a 1-0 from the 4th minute!

We’re Norwich fans Alex, even if we’re 1-0 up after 4mins we both know it’s not going to be simple or straightforward for the remaining 86 minutes...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

To summarise the game for you:

We looked the most dangerous we have this season, creating lots of goal scoring chances...but couldn't hit the back side of a blue whale from 5 yards. Plus their keeper was decent.

Our midfield was as porous as air which, as you can imagine, made shielding our back four quite a challenge. So we didn't bother half the time. That needs to be fixed asap.

A draw would probably have been the fair result but then you could have said that about Derby so it's evened out I guess. Still work to be done if we are going to creep up the table.

OTBC

23 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

To summarise the game for you:

We looked the most dangerous we have this season, creating lots of goal scoring chances...but couldn't hit the back side of a blue whale from 5 yards. Plus their keeper was decent.

Our midfield was as porous as air which, as you can imagine, made shielding our back four quite a challenge. So we didn't bother half the time. That needs to be fixed asap.

A draw would probably have been the fair result but then you could have said that about Derby so it's evened out I guess. Still work to be done if we are going to creep up the table.

OTBC

Tim Krul was excellent too

On 17/10/2020 at 21:27, Canary Wundaboy said:

Not directed specifically at you, but a general question:

Why do so many more Norwich fans post and comment on social media when we concede/lose than when we score/win? 

It's really noticeable on the club's Facebook page in particular that this happens, but it also seems to be the case here too.

8 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Not directed specifically at you, but a general question:

Why do so many more Norwich fans post and comment on social media when we concede/lose than when we score/win? 

It's really noticeable on the club's Facebook page in particular that this happens, but it also seems to be the case here too.

When we win, there’s naturally less to complain about. Even a poor performance simply doesn’t matter if you get 3 points on the board. Considering the appalling end to last season, the expectations this season (including the messaging from the board over the past few years) and the relatively slow start to this season, I honestly don’t think this forum has been overly negative. Other clubs turn on their managers/board far far quicker than we do.

29 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

When we win, there’s naturally less to complain about. Even a poor performance simply doesn’t matter if you get 3 points on the board. Considering the appalling end to last season, the expectations this season (including the messaging from the board over the past few years) and the relatively slow start to this season, I honestly don’t think this forum has been overly negative. Other clubs turn on their managers/board far far quicker than we do.

It isn't about turning on managers and the board though, because it's something that's been happening for years.

Why do fans want to complain about defeats more than celebrating victories? 

And then there are some fans that just complain about everything, and I mean absolutely everything, without ever leaving a positive comment. What enjoyment do they get out of football?

• Like 1

Leaving aside the crud that go on about “stow market 2” and “happy applause”, I think it’s understandable that poor results lead to more activity. People want to get the frustration off their chest, put what’s wrong right and share the pain. After a good win I just glow, and get on my my life, concentrating on the things that matter to me; knowing the worlds a better place for now.

8 minutes ago, corbs said:

Leaving aside the crud that go on about “stow market 2” and “happy applause”, I think it’s understandable that poor results lead to more activity. People want to get the frustration off their chest, put what’s wrong right and share the pain. After a good win I just glow, and get on my my life, concentrating on the things that matter to me; knowing the worlds a better place for now.

Spot on, the corbs . I actually don’t mind people taking the p about the tumble weed -in fact, rather enjoy it! - but I get your point exactly.

Wow, how my mood changed in that 95th minute. Sadly not to heady heights of elation, but back on track and an even keel, etc. (take your cliché)... as in, we’re not NECESSARILY going to blow this season & the current/tentative  project may still have legs.