Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Hugills post match interview

Looks and sounds like he's been and is feeling pretty emotional. Those shaky voice cracks and all.

Lovely to see a new player come into the team and squad and almost straight away display how much he loves this club already

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Looks and sounds like he's been and is feeling pretty emotional. Those shaky voice cracks and all.

Lovely to see a new player come into the team and squad and almost straight away display how much he loves this club already

Agree. Chuffed as it was his first start. For all our average play today at times, we looked more dangerous than we have done for quite some time. Great to see Idah and Hugill on at the same time as both like to have a go. Could be a small turning point in belief.

• Like 1

Christ , isn’t this just what you want to hear from your new striker ! Bit of passion for the club from the off . Desperate to do well and take his chance here . Also humble  but with plenty of balls to take the penalty.

Jordan Hugill you are well and truly part of the NCFC family now 💛💚

• Like 1

He talked very eloquently. I think he sounds like a great lad. And seems to be very determined on the pitch. Well done son. Top man 

2 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

He talked very eloquently. I think he sounds like a great lad. And seems to be very determined on the pitch. Well done son. Top man 

Him and Gibson running straight to defend Skipp after the red card tackle was pretty great to see

Just have this funny feeling that he could be our next cult striker. Looks a very good bit of business does Jordan, kind of get the impression he is what you see is what you get, sort of reminds me of Grant Holt in a funny kind of way 

• Like 1

I tend to agree with Rivvo, he was our best defender yesterday! Sounds like the right type of guy we need in the dressing room. I’m not seeing the same as others, missed the best chances he got was bullied by their defence and scored a penalty. Idah too didn’t grasp his chance too, both certainly with games will get better and both will score goals.

Certainly pleased he got the full game in deserve the goal for all his effort.

11 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Him and Gibson running straight to defend Skipp after the red card tackle was pretty great to see

Got to admit, loved seeing that. 

Pleasantly surprised that one of our smallest players (Aarons) was straight in there with a guy twice his size 😂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, sonyc said:

Agree. Chuffed as it was his first start. For all our average play today at times, we looked more dangerous than we have done for quite some time. Great to see Idah and Hugill on at the same time as both like to have a go. Could be a small turning point in belief.

Yes although I don’t think playing Idah wide left works at all do hope we don’t continue with that. 

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Yes although I don’t think playing Idah wide left works at all do hope we don’t continue with that. 

I thought he did ok, put in one or two good crosses and put himself about and could have scored two or three goals himself.

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Only thing that was irritating was last few matches xavis been pelting in perfect crosses left and right and then we play with Idah and Hugill up top and he desides to stop crossing!

8 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Just have this funny feeling that he could be our next cult striker. Looks a very good bit of business does Jordan, kind of get the impression he is what you see is what you get, sort of reminds me of Grant Holt in a funny kind of way 

But there's the Grant Holt-type cult striker, and then there's the Aaron Wilbraham-type cult striker?

Edited by Nuff Said

16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Only thing that was irritating was last few matches xavis been pelting in perfect crosses left and right and then we play with Idah and Hugill up top and he desides to stop crossing!

I don't think he decides to stop crossing. I think the defenders make the option more difficult. The previous week the defenders were happier to allow the cross and confident of it being defended.

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I think it was more about giving him a first start. It shows confidence in him. I do agree with your point too. But, there's something a bit unpredictable about the lad and I will not be surprised to see him go on a goal scoring streak at some point.

14 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

But there's the Grant Holt-type cult striker, and then there's the Aaron Wilbraham-type cult striker?

We've had plenty cult strikers down the years.

Jim Blair was certainly a cult. So was John Hartson....

But RVW was the biggest cult of all.

34 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

We've had plenty cult strikers down the years.

Jim Blair was certainly a cult. So was John Hartson....

But RVW was the biggest cult of all.

Sibierski?

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Ha ha very true, Nuff - for clarity, I’m leaning towards the GHTCS (I hope!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't think he decides to stop crossing. I think the defenders make the option more difficult. The previous week the defenders were happier to allow the cross and confident of it being defended.

Exactly. Because we had big players up front quite clearly Rotherham focused on getting out to our wide fullbacks as quickly as possible to prevent crosses.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Exactly. Because we had big players up front quite clearly Rotherham focused on getting out to our wide fullbacks as quickly as possible to prevent crosses.

Doesnt help of course that admittedly Rotherhams back line were Brexit FC style brickhouses who were all about 6ft 10 😉

• Like 1