Sign in to follow this  
Balham Yellow

Where will we finish in the league without any new blood?

We have sold our top scorer and leading young talent and it is looking increasingly likely that we will not replace him before the the end of the transfer window.

Given that we have sold the one good player that our time in the Premiership afforded us what progress have we actually made in the last five years?  As far as I can see we are in no better a position now than when Worthington took over i.e a very average Championship side. 

I don''t think there is enough time for new players to make a great deal of difference with only 16 games left. I would expect us to finish anywhere between 8th and 14th. A miracle run could take us into the top six but I see no sign of this being a likely outcome.

Build for next season, this one is a write off.

I think top half but not the play offs, unless we manage to just sqeeze in again. We still have some good players but we lack the depth and certain players just seem to be filling the posistion rather than actually providing anything meaningful on the field. e.g. colin, jarrett

About three to four places lower than if we do sign fresh blood.

For arguments sake I''ll say 13th or 14th?

If all the recent signings play as well as Worthy thinks, perhaps 10th. If they make very little progress, perhaps 14th. If thee are injuries to Safri, Hux  or McV, 16th.