Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

LiVARpool - They can’t be serious

? Or maybe they can, after the season where they got every decision going and laughed at everyone else, they have written to the premier league bringing into question VAR.

They are demanding an explanation as to why Pickford wasn’t sent off and which part of Manes body was offside. Only months ago they were praising it, strange how things change when results aren’t going quite as well.

I feel literally zero remorse for them.

I think what happened to them to today is absolutely hilarious. If they get mugged off with VAR every game this season I’ll laugh every single time.

Karma is a b1tch. I hope they go out of business.

348BEC18-E0C9-4BA3-9321-81D69D048F34.jpeg

• Like 1

Van Dijk reportedly out for the season with cruciate ligament injury (Thiago possibly not far behind)...we're about to find out if Liverpool really would be nothing without Van Dijk...Alisson still out for a month too!

Everton have done far more damage to Liverpool's season today than a mere win would have done!

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

I think what happened to them to today is absolutely hilarious. If they get mugged off with VAR every game this season I’ll laugh every single time.

Yep totally agree.

Klopp has a point about today but this was the time to bring it up. Typical Liverpool after all their good fortune they complain on the one occasion it goes against them, if you want to be taken serious you need to back others. 

13 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

That VAR abomination still makes me shudder at the ineptude of the officials and the technology too. One of the best goals you'll ever see.

• Like 1

I think it was Jordan Henderson who said, and don’t laugh, but the VAR people can ‘bend the lines’ to make the decision go whatever way they like, he’s seen it himself apparently. I do think it’s corrupt as hell but that might be a touch too far!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I think it was Jordan Henderson who said, and don’t laugh, but the VAR people can ‘bend the lines’ to make the decision go whatever way they like, he’s seen it himself apparently. I do think it’s corrupt as hell but that might be a touch too far!

Jordan doesn't come across as the sharpest tool in the box; he probably still draws all his lines using crayons.

OTBC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After trying to hold the FA and EPL to ransom, Liverpool and Man Utd might find the VAR decisions drying up this season.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

• Like 3

Did they include in their letter that Andy Robertson should have been sent off for a kicking out at a player from behind? Didn’t think so. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Bending the lines is funny but they can freeze the frame at a point that suits them. 

There was a picture of this one for us where you can clearly see that the ball has left Vrancic's boot so had it been wound back to when he kicked it, Pukki would have been on. 

• Like 1

From the stats I can find for last season, Liverpool’s opponents had 4 goals disallowed by VAR while Liverpool had 3 disallowed. They also had one allowed that been disallowed for a foul. They were up by +2 over the season so that’s not a massive advantage for me.

16 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Van Dijk reportedly out for the season with cruciate ligament injury (Thiago possibly not far behind)...we're about to find out if Liverpool really would be nothing without Van Dijk...Alisson still out for a month too!

Everton have done far more damage to Liverpool's season today than a mere win would have done!

To the people who 'loved' this post, why would you want any player to suffer these injuries, regardless of who they play for?! 

• Like 4

Hi Mr Angry

What you must remember is last year Liverpool were telling the likes of us like it or lump it and questioning why we would want to challenge VAR. The time to bring it into question to get it changed is when it happens to other clubs ie Steve Bruce questioning the new penalty rules. Liverpool could have got involved in the process when Pukki’s goal was disallowed or the Sheffield United goal against Villa wasn’t given, they chose to say VAR was fit for purpose. 
If I remember back we were told we had signed contracts stopping us issuing challenges to VAR, but clearly those same rules do not apply to Liverpool.

11 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Hi Mr Angry

What you must remember is last year Liverpool were telling the likes of us like it or lump it and questioning why we would want to challenge VAR. The time to bring it into question to get it changed is when it happens to other clubs ie Steve Bruce questioning the new penalty rules. Liverpool could have got involved in the process when Pukki’s goal was disallowed or the Sheffield United goal against Villa wasn’t given, they chose to say VAR was fit for purpose. 
If I remember back we were told we had signed contracts stopping us issuing challenges to VAR, but clearly those same rules do not apply to Liverpool.

I'm not angry mate? I completely agree with everything you wrote. But I still don't like seeing players being injured, whoever the club. Not sure why anyone would celebrate that personally. 

1 minute ago, markdmhoward said:

I'm not angry mate? I completely agree with everything you wrote. But I still don't like seeing players being injured, whoever the club. Not sure why anyone would celebrate that personally. 

Lol no Mr Angry the poster - see his post above yours.

Sorry for confusion.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, WD40 said:

Did they include in their letter that Andy Robertson should have been sent off for a kicking out at a player from behind? Didn’t think so. 

This was astonishing . It hardly got a mention on BT . It was a red all day long . As was the Keeper on Virgil. Both of these decisions were inept . 

The offside however isn’t inept it  is reliance on dodgy technology. I did this to death after Pukki’s goal but the facts remain that you can’t base a linear decision on lines across a pitch that you don’t have the technology to achieve . All other usages of Hawkeye are linear- tennis cricket and goaline where the static cameras have a narrow field. The half of a football field is entirely different . 

You cannot look along a line of an infinite number of lines of a pitch . 

Good luck to you all with this. I'm just glad to see the back of VAR. At least football is now only available on tv which is what VAR is for. The longer it goes on for the less influence the fans in the stadium will have when they return. This pandemic is manna from heaven for the VARbots.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Hi Mr Angry

Most managers will be inconsistent over refereeing decisions depending on whether they go for against their team. My  point is that there seems to be a perception that Liverpool benefitted from loads of VAR decisions last season. They didn’t.

• Haha 1

I still don’t get VAR, only foot could use it and balls it up! Works well in all other sports, just hope as Nutty we never see it as it is again. Really needs to be sorted out for what it should be used clear and obvious errors, only challenged by the manager. Villa got three points for what should have been a clear and obvious error which was the last straw in my supporting of VAR.

As for Liverpool it was a terrible tackle on Van **** could be a career ender and yet no red card because it was offside, yet Buendia got sent off after play had carried on to another phase last year for an elbow tap.

Its truly shocking VAR.

Edited by Indy

21 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Made me angry, just seeing this again.

#showinganangletojustifythewrongdecision

11 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Made me angry, just seeing this again.

#showinganangletojustifythewrongdecision

“It’ll even itself out by the end of the season”

Just now, Yellow Wal said:

As no action was taken against Pickford can he be charged with violent conduct later?

No way any action should be taken

we can’t change the rules because scousers start crying.

Sounds like Van Dijk is out for the season now. Reckon we’ll see new PL champions this year, but who? 

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Sounds like Van Dijk is out for the season now. Reckon we’ll see new PL champions this year, but who? 

Spurs?

*snigger*

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Spurs?

*snigger*

Despite the collapse at the end, I suspect they have every chance. Their squad throughout is looking a hell of a lot stronger than Liverpool’s right now. Lose just Salah and they’ll finish mid table - a bit below Jamal Lewis’s Newcastle, which would be quite frankly bloody hilarious.