Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

3 points an away win, now shut up.

6 hours ago, king canary said:

In LDCs case its his obsession with telling everyone else what to do. It takes a special level of entitlement to start a thread telling everyone who disagrees with him to shut up.

But then I didn't tell everyone who disagrees with me to shut up. All I did was to tell people to shut up. It was an emotional reaction to a game we won with virtually the last kick of the game.  It just meant "stop complaining".

21 attempts and 64% possession. Yeah I know there was plenty to criticise but you don't gain those stats if you're awful.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Sorry, that's how I feel.

Early season, a team trying to assimilate new players against a real team, so job done.

Three points - all that matters.

I agree with the sentiment, if not the overtly aggressive way in which it's been said.

Has this guy got anger problems or something?

8 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

21 attempts and 64% possession. Yeah I know there was plenty to criticise but you don't gain those stats if you're awful.

No I agree, the possession stat surprises me because it didn't "feel" like we had that much control. Interestingly had we taken a couple of our really good chances and it finished 3 or 4-1 I wonder if we would all be absolutely delighted with the performance as well as the result?

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

No I agree, the possession stat surprises me because it didn't "feel" like we had that much control. Interestingly had we taken a couple of our really good chances and it finished 3 or 4-1 I wonder if we would all be absolutely delighted with the performance as well as the result?

Fine margins wasn't it. They hit the open goal and score the penalty we're going into halftime 3-0 down and we're probably talking about how terrible we are.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

When we play ok and lose its the performance that matters when we play very average but scrape a win it’s all about the result.

You don’t want a forum that discusses all aspects of the club you just want a list of statements that only praises the club, every play, the manager and all the board.

Oh mixed in with a big dollop of attention seeking

This thread - and yes, you can call it attention seeking if you like, I don't really care - came about because of an emotional reaction to the winning of a hugely difficult and important match.  Difficult because of the way Rotherham played, difficult because we are a team still learning to play together, difficult in the face of the expectations and the lack of points so far. It was a huge win for us, against the odds, one that sets up the games coming up. 

All that set against a backdrop of a continuing diatribe from people wanting to think it's all bad - all the time.

So yes, we won, we got three points, it was tough, it was a battle, we won it and so as far as I am concerned, the people that want things to be bad - or at least who seem to be unable to see anything good - can do as I said. Sometimes it needs to be said.

Oh and for the record, I do want a forum that discusses all aspects of the club but too many people have a switch turned in their brains that tells them nothing can ever be right with the club. Balanced discussion is great and there is plenty of it on here. Long may it continue.

It’s quite simple really. When anyone spouts drivel , Lakey or otherwise , just ignore them. When they say something worth replying to , Lakey or otherwise , then reply. 

This seems a logical approach. It also probably why I’ve had such a low post rate in the 17 years I’ve been a member of this board. 

28 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

It’s quite simple really. When anyone spouts drivel , Lakey or otherwise , just ignore them. When they say something worth replying to , Lakey or otherwise , then reply. 

This seems a logical approach. It also probably why I’ve had such a low post rate in the 17 years I’ve been a member of this board. 

But what's your reply rate?

36 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

That is a very sensible approach GPB. If we don't agree we can simply ask a question rather than belittle another poster's opinion.

And it's far better to support a view that you uphold, or like it by adding to it. It would help the flow of threads so much and stop them being derailed. So many good topics get ruined by adversarial comments or the trolls. Kindness rules 🙂

Edited by sonyc

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

One better than it was this morning .

Two now 😉

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

This thread - and yes, you can call it attention seeking if you like, I don't really care - came about because of an emotional reaction to the winning of a hugely difficult and important match.  Difficult because of the way Rotherham played, difficult because we are a team still learning to play together, difficult in the face of the expectations and the lack of points so far. It was a huge win for us, against the odds, one that sets up the games coming up. 

Oh and for the record, I do want a forum that discusses all aspects of the club but too many people have a switch turned in their brains that tells them nothing can ever be right with the club. Balanced discussion is great and there is plenty of it on here. Long may it continue.

I think you'll find that we were favourites to win yesterday so hardly against the odds. Big the Millers up all you like but we were two divisions apart last season. It was an important match but with due respect not a hugely difficult match and was a game we should have won more comfortably.

Balanced discussion IS great but too many people on here have a switch turned in their brains that tells them nothing can ever be wrong with the club.

As always it cuts both ways.

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I think you'll find that we were favourites to win yesterday so hardly against the odds. Big the Millers up all you like but we were two divisions apart last season. It was an important match but with due respect not a hugely difficult match and was a game we should have won more comfortably.

Balanced discussion IS great but too many people on here have a switch turned in their brains that tells them nothing can ever be wrong with the club.

As always it cuts both ways.

I don't get this thing that anyone is a favourite to win a match. For me the circumstances of both clubs made it a very tough match to deal with from our point of view - no easy matches in this league.

As for people thinking nothing can ever be wrong with the club - yes it does cut both ways, but you'd have to name those people, because I can't think of any. I often find myself defending the club, but only when I agree with what they are trying to do, but there have been times when I have been quite critical - as in the new membership system they put in place, which was bad for everyone and more recently I have been critical about the lack of seeing Vrancic on the pitch.

As I said, my jibe in the op was to those who can only ever criticise and who never offer any support - and there are quite a few noisy posters who are like that, simply because they have a fixed mindset about the way the club is being run and that overides everything - even the good times. To them I would repeat the title of this thread. 🙂

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I don't get this thing that anyone is a favourite to win a match. For me the circumstances of both clubs made it a very tough match to deal with from our point of view - no easy matches in this league.

As for people thinking nothing can ever be wrong with the club - yes it does cut both ways, but you'd have to name those people, because I can't think of any. I often find myself defending the club, but only when I agree with what they are trying to do, but there have been times when I have been quite critical - as in the new membership system they put in place, which was bad for everyone and more recently I have been critical about the lack of seeing Vrancic on the pitch.

As I said, my jibe in the op was to those who can only ever criticise and who never offer any support - and there are quite a few noisy posters who are like that, simply because they have a fixed mindset about the way the club is being run and that overides everything - even the good times. To them I would repeat the title of this thread. 🙂

Wow how you have changed from last year! No easy matches yet predicted us top 4 in the premiership last year! You’re so negative! 😉😂

31 minutes ago, Indy said:

Wow how you have changed from last year! No easy matches yet predicted us top 4 in the premiership last year! You’re so negative! 😉😂

I should steer clear of prediction threads....

42 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I should steer clear of prediction threads....

Yes you should! Stick to your preaching! 😉💚💛

Edited by Indy

19 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

That's is Impressive stats and i agree you do not get stats like that if you were Awful,

But i am hoping that is just players yet to gel etc But the flow of scoring goals seems to have stopped 

i doubt any of our players will score 20 + goals this season 

i feel Pukki is Not the same striker he was last time in the division

But it could all Click as early days  but seems something is missing 

Shut up, just shut up, shut up
Shut it up, just shut up, shut up
Shut up, just shut up, shut up (oh no)
We try to take it slow
But we're still losin' control
And we try to make it work
But it still ends up the worst, and I'm crazy
For tryna be your lady
I think I'm goin' crazy

12 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

That's is Impressive stats and i agree you do not get stats like that if you were Awful,

But i am hoping that is just players yet to gel etc But the flow of scoring goals seems to have stopped 

i doubt any of our players will score 20 + goals this season 

i feel Pukki is Not the same striker he was last time in the division

But it could all Click as early days  but seems something is missing 

Agreed. I'm starting to think Pukki behind Hugill against the more footballing teams and Stieperman against the cloggers could be the way to go.

37 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:
Shut up, just shut up, shut up (oh no)
We try to take it slow
But we're still losin' control
And we try to make it work
But it still ends up the worst, and I'm crazy
For tryna be your lady
I think I'm goin' crazy

♪♪ My humps, my humps, my lovely lady lumps...🎶🎶

30 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Agreed. I'm starting to think Pukki behind Hugill against the more footballing teams and Stieperman against the cloggers could be the way to go.

i would try it but are we trying to put Pukki in the team because he scored goals before ? 

if he played in a 10 role or just off Hugill it may work with Hugill knocking the ball down and Pukki having the work load taken off him 

But with any player it would have to work with either assists or goals coming from pukki 

or we could go back to playing the way that suits Pukki ? then blame him if he does not score 

i do not know the Answer but something is missing upfront 

10 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i would try it but are we trying to put Pukki in the team because he scored goals before ? 

if he played in a 10 role or just off Hugill it may work with Hugill knocking the ball down and Pukki having the work load taken off him 

But with any player it would have to work with either assists or goals coming from pukki 

or we could go back to playing the way that suits Pukki ? then blame him if he does not score 

i do not know the Answer but something is missing upfront 

I just think that our pure football approach of the promotion season has been found out and we're clearly going to be putting more crosses into the box this season, so Hugill has to play.

Pukki may have lost his goalscoring mojo, but he's still assisting and basically created the situation for the penalty on Saturday. I still think at times he could make his trademark off the shoulder runs at number 10, so defences could be confused what to do with him. He's not the best with his back to goal though....

• Like 1