Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

3 points an away win, now shut up.

Just now, YellowYawner said:

Maybe right but then why not add him To

ignore? I guess my point as someone who mainly observes this forum is that condemning him just seems to feed him more than anything and the cycle continues. The most extreme of which was his feud with the poster Morty.

Not criticising you or anyone for that matter but what I notice is so many people don’t seem to be able to refrain from biting. I don’t know if he is a troll but if he is he’s one of the best... he’s got a few of the posters on here on strings.

Yeah thats totally fair- advice taken, ignore button hit!

Why after each game ( if you are going to start numerous threads ) can’t you start threads to provoke a proper discussion about the game and how it went rather one of

I TOLD YOU SO - after a win

LECTURING US ALL - after a defeat.

You are very clever at avoiding the prediction threads before games. If we get a draw could you promise to start a thread that won’t be encouraging fans to be arguing with each other.

Just now, The Real Buh said:

This thread will beat the Fabio Quagrillella(?) thread for replies. Calling it now.

Lakey right now:

14f6b1bf9701230c160dc3a3bc5cfb96.jpg.78c0f8797486b61d18fcf6f1327a2548.jpg

30 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!

Was just thinking I haven’t seen this for a few months!

20 minutes ago, Rhino1 said:

Lakey - agree totally, not pretty, not classy, bit of a struggle not memorable , but three points - didn’t we get just 3 points last time when we put Leeds to the sword, with pure class. At the end of the year the points that matter!!

forget the performance and move on!! It will come

But after the Derby game he insulted those who said we need points telling them it was about the performance. 

14 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Doesn't help the toxic atmosphere on this message board by posting something like this. We should be able to discuss things in a more civilised manner and be kind to each other.......

Spot on.

Just now, Aggy said:

Was just thinking I haven’t seen this for a few months!

WHAT! You mean I've used it before?......Good Spot, so sorry I won't do it againnnnn.....Until the next time.....

16 minutes ago, YellowYawner said:

Maybe right but then why not add him To

ignore? I guess my point as someone who mainly observes this forum is that condemning him just seems to feed him more than anything and the cycle continues. The most extreme of which was his feud with the poster Morty.

Not criticising you or anyone for that matter but what I notice is so many people don’t seem to be able to refrain from biting. I don’t know if he is a troll but if he is he’s one of the best... he’s got a few of the posters on here on strings.

Got to confess I bit to him today when I normally just have a chuckle to myself at his nonsensical posting style. Will do better to ignore in the future 😁

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'm going to see if this works. I wonder if the term mongfuttock will work?

try cunting

Cheers Drazen!

Just now, NCFCInnit said:

We were never allowed to say "another 3 points lost now shut up" in the premier were we?

Oh, you were allowed to say it . Many did. Only  it was more " another 3 points lost , why didnt we spend more money, explain the project again please"

48 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Doesn't help the toxic atmosphere on this message board by posting something like this. We should be able to discuss things in a more civilised manner and be kind to each other.......

Agreed........but I need to vent sometimes (as the anti-brigade frequently do) and after reading so much doom mongeringly gloomy negative twaddle on here recently, I felt the need to say something.  This was a huge result for us today, could kickstart the season, gets Hugill off and running, gets us all feeling a bit better - yes it was "only" Rotherham, but you have to be up for the battle in every game - and we were up to it today.

I normally just celebrate after a match, but this one had a bit more riding on it....and all through the match you could feel the knives sharpening for the after match comments when we lost, so this thread was my reaction to that. We won. Even Keith Scott couldn't find much to say.

Result.

OTBC

Edited by lake district canary

44 minutes ago, Well b back said:

But after the Derby game he insulted those who said we need points telling them it was about the performance. 

You’ve spotted his fatal flaw 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ever considered being a little less confrontational Lakeyo.? No one likes to be told to shut up. Give them  a rattle , take the Mickey, whatever. 

12 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Ever considered being a little less confrontational Lakeyo.? No one likes to be told to shut up. Give them  a rattle , take the Mickey, whatever. 

I'm not normally so up front confrontational, but today, I felt it after the match after seeing so much negative rubbish written on here recently.  I can take the stick most of the time and knew thids wouldn't go down well, but really, sometimes people need to be told. 🙂

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Sorry, that's how I feel.

Early season, a team trying to assimilate new players against a real team, so job done.

Three points - all that matters.

There was something else that might matter - the penalty .... Hugill the new Snodgrass? 😉😆

I think realistically given the second half of last season, no fans, the transfer turbulence and the bedding in of new players this was probably going to be a slow start to the season. 7 points from  15 will be a disappointment to many but by no means a disaster. I expect the squad to settle and results improve and it is not as though we have been hammered by anyone. Against derby we lost and they had the rub of the green, today we won and we had the rub of the green. I was very pleased to see Huggill get off the mark for us and i think he will be a big player for us this season. No one can ever complain about a win  away to a very awkward side and with better results so will come confidence, it cannot be underestimated how much the last half of last season squeezed the confidence out of players, staff and supporters

31 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

There was something else that might matter - the penalty .... Hugill the new Snodgrass? 😉😆

With one obvious but significant difference.....Hugill scored from his penalty. 🙂

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

With one obvious but significant difference.....Hugill scored from his penalty. 🙂

Yep 👍. Good for him, the team and us at home.

Emi not too willing to join the celebration hug! Still good ol Pukki made a point of going to him for a high 5

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Sorry, that's how I feel.

Early season, a team trying to assimilate new players against a real team, so job done.

Three points - all that matters.

💋💋

Three points is all that matters but this a forum and if you did not have negative comments or differences of opinion what a boring forum it would be everyone is entitled to their opinion. Not a great performance today , needing a own goal and a penalty to win with two strikers starting was not good 

When we play ok and lose its the performance that matters when we play very average but scrape a win it’s all about the result.

You don’t want a forum that discusses all aspects of the club you just want a list of statements that only praises the club, every play, the manager and all the board.

Oh mixed in with a big dollop of attention seeking, look at me spew.

6 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

FFS it was 10 man Rotherham.

Why are we not a real team? Retained most of the crown jewels, there are no excuses this season for playoffs at worst.

But agree results are everything.

Well, Rotherham are a real together outfit, they know each other inside out, they are strong, confident and come in to the championship with momentum and are a handful for anyone. That's why I called them a real team.

We on the other hand are freshly relegated, struggling for results, have a different spine to the team - Gibson/Skipp/Hugill so not really gelled yet and still getting to know each other. As a team - in the true sense of the word - we have a way to go.

Rotherham might not play any better than that all season, but we have much to improve as a team - that should happen as the team develops.

• Like 1