Sign in to follow this  
Big O

Can we please patch things up with Leitner!

I know I’m probably over reacting but we are crying out for someone to keep the ball and get us playing, we seem to be a strange mix at the moment.

Poor man management. Leitner was one of our best players for large stretches of our promotion season and has been completely frozen out. 

We're effectively pouring his wages down the drain. 

Can we? Not with Farke in charge.

Could be reminiscent of when Alex Neill came in and patched things up with Bassong and we went on to clinch promotion. 

4 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

That central midfield is a joke, it needs something

Thought Skipp has been our best midfielder so far this season, wouldn`t call him a joke!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, daisy said:

Thought Skipp has been our best midfielder so far this season, wouldn`t call him a joke!

The balance of it is, Skipp should be playing, but the others around him should not (Rupp & Stiepermann)

2 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

The balance of it is, Skipp should be playing, but the others around him should not (Rupp & Stiepermann)

Needs Vrancic.

I hope we can see Skipp and Sorensen together, but would be happy with Vrancic against Birmingham next to Skipp. 

To this day, I’m still absolutely mystified as to what happened with Leitner. Certainly at this level he can be very effective indeed. And yet not one Championship side came in for him during the window apparently. Strange really.

Doesn't seem to be massive demand for Leitner. Maybe attitude is a well known problem for him but not fair to speculate.

Rupp and Skipp were fine today, Rupp probably just shaded it today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Doesn't seem to be massive demand for Leitner. Maybe attitude is a well known problem for him but not fair to speculate.

Rupp and Skipp were fine today, Rupp probably just shaded it today.

It’s weird, C. There’s a good little player in there on his day, after all didn’t he feature for Klopp at times on Borussia Dortmund’s way to the Champions League final? And anyway, he’s already shown us that he can be very capable at this level. So I find it odd that no one in this division wanted to sign him up. I guess we’ll never know what happened here but to be frozen out like that does suggest that things may perhaps not have been ‘agreeable’.

Think we all fell in love with the idea of Leitner , well I did , especially after his first few appearances. But that was the best we saw of him .Just don’t think he’s anyway near tough enough physically or mentally in the Championship. Yes got the skill. Not enough . Let’s not go back and see it all disappoint again . I used to watch him warming up as a sub in front of the Snakepit , I would say his attitude is a mighty problem . You don’t turn round to the crowd with arms aloft asking why aren’t I coming on . Not even once , not ever !! 

Skipp is such a talent , just need to get the right people to play next to him .

Pity about Leitner, guess time to move on. It amuses me when people bang on about Farke and Managers man management, hinting at inflexibility and pettiness. Invariably the same people moan about weakness and dithering if the manager is accommodating and experimental. 

• Like 2

Is Leitner an early front runner for the seasonal Cody McDonald award? The “he should be playing and it’s the managements fault that he isn’t it’s all a conspiracy” award?

It seems Leitner is now like so many before him and the longer he doesn't play the better he will become in so many people's eyes.

4 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Is Leitner an early front runner for the seasonal Cody McDonald award? The “he should be playing and it’s the managements fault that he isn’t it’s all a conspiracy” award?

CodANON: A series of shocking(ly unsubstantiated) revelations about Delia, Webber, Ricky Van Wolfswinkle and every manager ever that will reveal how an influencial cabal of Norwich city personalities conspired to deprive us of Champions League football.... one team selection at a time.

16 minutes ago, 1902 said:

CodANON: A series of shocking(ly unsubstantiated) revelations about Delia, Webber, Ricky Van Wolfswinkle and every manager ever that will reveal how an influencial cabal of Norwich city personalities conspired to deprive us of Champions League football.... one team selection at a time.

Previous recipients include David Fox, Luciano Becchio and of course the OG Cody McDonald himself.

1 hour ago, Yellow Wal said:

It seems Leitner is now like so many before him and the longer he doesn't play the better he will become in so many people's eyes.

There is no big campaign to get Leitner back in the side, as is quite evident from this thread still sitting on the 1 page of replies mark - he’s not turned in to a world beater overnight. There is, however, some interest in why a pretty decent footballer never moved on in the transfer window after dropping off the face of the earth here completely - a perfectly capable player at this level, and sometimes pretty good too.

He very rarely did the work to justify being called a midfielder, but he was always available for an easy ball out of defence to avoid the opposition press. Much preferred him playing out than one of the CBs. I like him, but he's a bit of a passenger if you're up against it.

As a player I think Leitner is fantastic, great passer, great technique and a rolls Royce of a player.

Unfortunately in the top leagues,especially in England your midfield also needs to be like a tractor, digger, jcb,tank, bull dozer and fire engine, which Leitner isnt any of.   ... 

On 17/10/2020 at 15:56, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Totally agree, hopefully we'll have a new manager soon who's not so petty and childish 

Looking forward to the next manager that you can’t wait to get rid of.

Great passer , but to weak for English football gets shrugged off the ball far too easily , in a less physical league he would be awesome.😁

6 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

There is no big campaign to get Leitner back in the side, as is quite evident from this thread still sitting on the 1 page of replies mark - he’s not turned in to a world beater overnight. There is, however, some interest in why a pretty decent footballer never moved on in the transfer window after dropping off the face of the earth here completely - a perfectly capable player at this level, and sometimes pretty good too.

Because he refused to do what he was asked to do by his head coach is what I heard, so he won't be playing for us again. Simple really. Why would anyone else take him if he's not a team player?