Disco Dales Jockstrap

Rotherham game NCFC line up & match thread

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Quintilla pelting perfect crosses straight into hugill and idahs foreheads? Pump it into my bloodstream

Cantwell with a "Minor tantrum.. Sorry knock" 😉

'Minor knock'...

Daniel has probably chinned him.

OTBC

• Like 1

Does our season get started today I really hope so games coming thick and fast now. I like todays line up

2 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Let's hope we don't resort to hoof ball. 

Not that the gerriforward mob on here would object. 

Given we have Idahhimovic and Hugcarol up top nothing wrong with quintilla pelting balls in

Can mix it up a bit more, and I'd like to see some early crosses considering both Hugill and Idah can hold it up or indeed attack it in the air. @Jerrykerry said he hopes we don't resort to hoof-ball, and whilst I fundamentally agree, I'd always say that there's room for a good old honk down the field now and again to relieve pressure on own defences and also to unsettle opposition defences with the speed of the transition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerrykerry said:

We need to win games, that requires a combination of tactics, sometimes more agricultural than Plan A, but being able to adapt and adjust. 

Hopefully it'll go well today and we won't just use Farke ball with different personnel. 

• Like 2

No excuses for being 'bullied' today, with that front four. Hopefully a team that can match Rotherham's physicality but with enough football playing ability to make a difference. 

Speaking objectively, if I was Paul Warne I would be telling my forwards to leave a foot in on our defenders early doors and see what falls off.

Does anyone know re ifollow, it just spools when you click watch live now. Will that change at kickoff or do I have a duff connection? Previously it would show the warm ups.. 

1 minute ago, Jerrykerry said:

Maybe you could identify a few of the ' gerriforward mob on here ' because i must have missed that suggestion being posted anywhere on this forum ?

• Like 2

Just now, Mason 47 said:

No excuses for being 'bullied' today, with that front four. Hopefully a team that can match Rotherham's physicality but with enough football playing ability to make a difference. 

Speaking objectively, if I was Paul Warne I would be telling my forwards to leave a foot in on our defenders early doors and see what falls off.

I can't add any more reactions today but bloody hell, that did make me laugh. 😄

• Like 2

Glad Hugill is in as a focal point....but wouldve liked to have seen Pukki in just behind.

As we saw for Finland this past week, even if he isnt scoring ,his workrate slighly deeper or out wide is still tireless and can still create for others

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Glad Hugill is in as a focal point....but wouldve like to have seen Pukki in just behind.

As we saw for Finland this past week, even if he osnt scoring ,his workrate is still tireless and can still create for others

Agree with all of that, but maybe a mini-rest for Teemu might be appropriate as he had no international break and always works hard for his country as well as City.

If needed his efforts might be useful at thge last twenty against a tiring defence. I am also keen to see Hugill given a start.

11 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I was thinking the same, nice physical look to the 11. No harm in giving Pukki a breather & a tidy option off the bench. If Skipp & Rupp can control the central areas & Emi is in the mood, we should have enough (on paper) to get something today and get out of this funk. A worrying lack of defensive cover, while unsurprising, is a concern for me. We'll be sweating on injuries to the back 4 for the next couple of months. I guess Tettey, Rupp & Stieps are the cover today. OTBC!

10 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Looks like we've gone from one extreme to the other in terms of physicality.

I wouldn't say extreme. We still have two relatively small agile fullbacks, Buendia, Skipp and Rupp none are extreme physical presences. 

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So I'll ask so nobody else has too

Anyone have cheeky rivers?

Buy an iFollow match pass...helps the club.

This looks like a team for the last 20 minutes of a match

Will be interesting to see how this formation links up with farke ball.

45 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Cantwell missing should be good for a few rumour threads over the coming days.

Why, it was mentioned in the press conference by DF he had a knock and wouldn't start - unless you want to criticise our training regie then I'm with you.