Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Here's What You Could Have Won...

15 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I like your attempts to be positive, but there are several points to make:

Farke is very good at judging when 18-year-olds can step up, but arguably the hardest position to do that is centre-back. And late attempts were made to sign one so it's likely that Farke has judged that Omobamidele isn't quite ready to step up.

I'd argue that Watford have adequate cover in all positions. The 14 players who featured tonight are all good players at this level and they still have Troy Deeney, Ismaila Sarr, Andre Gray, Will Hughes and Etienne Capoue to come in. Those five are all Premier League players.

Sorensen is a midfielder until we are told or showed otherwise. Speculating that he may be our fourth centre-back is just that- speculation. We're basically considering him as such because there are no other obvious options.

The fourth choice centre back at Watford and Bournemouth is not 'dross'. Based on their most recent lineups, Watford's fourth choice is Craig Cathcart and Bournemouth's fourth and fifth will probably be Cameron Carter-Vickers and Jack Simpson.

The most valuable player in the division in terms of current market value has to be Sarr by a big distance.

In conclusion, we're short-handed in defence, and that's before even mentioning left-back.

And as soon as I posted that, I saw today's teamsheet where there is zero defensive cover on the bench bar Tettey. I was really trying to look on the bright side, I'll just defer to you on this one.

Why aren’t we

Barry Douglas

Aden Flint

Ryan Bennett

Cameron Carter-Vickers

Jake Clarke-Salter

Joel Latibeaudiere

Harry Wilson

Harvey Elliott

Anthony Knockaert

????

11 minutes ago, The Real Buh said: