Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Swansea sign promosing Norwich linked centreback Latibeaudiere from Man City for three years.. on a free!

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Oh.....😢.....why....😢....aren't......😢.......we.....

Sw....😢...an.....😢....sea?

Waahhhhhh!

😭😭😭😭

I detect a whiff of sarcasm

The fact that Man City let him go on a free suggests to me he perhaps isn’t as promising as perhaps thought.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

The fact that Man City let him go on a free suggests to me he perhaps isn’t as promising as perhaps thought.

So because he's not good enough for an oil rich side, who will challenge for the title and a Champions League regular, he won't be good enough for us in the Championship??

Contrast farke's considered, calm, assessment of the centre back situation at the press conference today, in comparison to the childish, pantwetting, panic on this forum tonight. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

So because he's not good enough for an oil rich side, who will challenge for the title and a Champions League regular, he won't be good enough for us in the Championship??

Just maybe.. No. 

Have you considered that reasonable alternative reality? 

• Like 1

No, not because of that, but maybe because they thought he wasn't even good enough to charge for. Considering that they are not a charity, I'd suggest that if they thought they could get a fee for him, they would. 

How do you know he would be? The only way to find out would be to sign him. If he then has a bad game everyone would say he wasn’t worth his wages. Can’t win with some people.

To be fair we do have Famewo & Bushiri so to take another one to gamble on isn’t what we needed. We needed another CB with some experience in playing regularly at this level.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Not necessarily but the fact they couldn’t get any sort of fee for him whilst under contract and were happy to let him go kind of suggests he’s not as promising as perhaps you think. Not to mention the fact that there weren’t a whole load of clubs genuinely lined up to sign him also suggests that he was hardly blowing the scouts away either.

Just now, nutty nigel said:

We also have Omobamidele who has been training with the first team.

For some reason it appears this guy doesn’t actually exist, Eddie!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Just maybe.. No. 

Have you considered that reasonable alternative reality? 

I never actually said he would be, I countered Alex's argument which seems purely on the basis of the fact he wasn't good enough ofr Man City, young William

10 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Not necessarily but the fact they couldn’t get any sort of fee for him whilst under contract and were happy to let him go kind of suggests he’s not as promising as perhaps you think. Not to mention the fact that there weren’t a whole load of clubs genuinely lined up to sign him also suggests that he was hardly blowing the scouts away either.

He's 20, so they would get a fee for him.  And I never said he was promising.

Edited by Michael Wynless Jones

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

We also have Omobamidele who has been training with the first team.

Can we get a YouTube video made on how to pronounce his name? 

11 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

How do you know he would be? The only way to find out would be to sign him. If he then has a bad game everyone would say he wasn’t worth his wages. Can’t win with some people.

Never said he would be though did I? Read my answer to Bill, it was simply a counter to Alex's argument that he definitely wouldn't be any good.

Just now, Michael Wynless Jones said:

He's 20, so they would get a fee for him.

Confirmed as signed on a free so I would imagine that means... no money?

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Confirmed as signed on a free so I would imagine that means... no money?

To sign on a free at 20 suggests he must have been released from his contract by City. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Oh.....😢.....why....😢....aren't......😢.......we.....

Sw....😢...an.....😢....sea?

Waahhhhhh!

😭😭😭😭

What's this character's problem?

1 minute ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Never said he would be though did I? Read my answer to Bill, it was simply a counter to Alex's argument that he definitely wouldn't be any good.

What’s with all this ‘definitely’ won’t be any good nonsense, supposedly attributed to myself? I never said that at all.

I did however say it SUGGESTS he’s not necessarily the Championship’s next best thing or suchlike. I would be very surprised if ourselves and many others had not already taken a good look at him. And realised he’s no better than what we already have waiting in the wings. You don’t just give away players of a certain talent, or at least, it’s very very rare that kind of mistake happens. Perhaps he will turn out to be the one that got away for Man City, but the fact that there was no bidding war for his services kind of suggests not.

• Like 3