Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

See City at Carrow Rd

According to the Canaries website this has been sanctioned by the EFL.

1. why did they decide to ask the govt for permission to do this?

2. who in the govt gave the permission?

3. surely the EFL didn’t just ask for permission for  NCFC to do it?

4. with the new Tier 1, 2, 3 system coming in for the whole of England surely all the people involved in this ridiculous decision should be sacked?

2 minutes ago, pearsos said:

According to the Canaries website this has been sanctioned by the EFL.

1. why did they decide to ask the govt for permission to do this?

2. who in the govt gave the permission?

3. surely the EFL didn’t just ask for permission for  NCFC to do it?

4. with the new Tier 1, 2, 3 system coming in for the whole of England surely all the people involved in this ridiculous decision should be sacked?

I mean, technically Nodge have a licence to serve alcohol. The conference lounges are just big pubs effectively. I can’t see any legal issue. I almost think Nodge are doing this to highlight how farcical the rules around football are atm

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, pearsos said:

Appreciate what you are saying Real Buh but why did it have to be sanctioned by the EFL then?

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that it could potentially contravene broadcasting regulations with regards to the live screening of matches.

I doubt the EFL have any power over the legality of mass gatherings.

13 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The TOTT and Gunn Club would struggle to have a capacity of 450 each before covid restrictions were placed on numbers in pubs, clubs and restaurants so i would imagine vastly reduced capacities.

Interesting to note that Kings Lynn are planning a crowd of 100 in the Corn Exchange which I would have thought is better ventilated with high ceilings etc. than the Carrow Road lounges?

Correct me if i am wrong but i believe standing, singing and chanting is not permitted at such ' gatherings ' ? If so what a sterile atmosphere it will be.

As a single guy I was so happy too see this and to be with other fans tomorrow, even if I have to sit alone .

It is madness though. We successfully had 1000 fans in in just one part of the South stand. That could easy by 2000 with 1000 per tier behind the goals and 2000 on north stand. 

Space people 2m if not in groups and it's possible. Certainly safer than indoors 

This is just so lame.

The club will be getting their tenners in from fans who watch it on iFollow anyway so I'm mystified what this is all about. I suppose they'll make a few extra quid on drinks but will it really be worth all the hassle and bad press ?

I know Dartford were planning on doing something similar via TV recently. Amusing as their bar lounge overlooks the pitch and they would have had to play with the blinds down due to the alcohol rule but at least there would have been no other way for fans to see the match.

Thankfully the enterprise was abandoned.

3 hours ago, Matt Juler said:

I'd guess this is a strategically planned event to highlight how stupid the current rules area. I wouldn't be surprised if many other clubs do exactly the same this weekend. 

Perhaps but the better way to do that would be to invite 5,000 to the showground and publicise it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

As a single guy I was so happy too see this and to be with other fans tomorrow, even if I have to sit alone .

It is madness though. We successfully had 1000 fans in in just one part of the South stand. That could easy by 2000 with 1000 per tier behind the goals and 2000 on north stand. 

Space people 2m if not in groups and it's possible. Certainly safer than indoors 

Binner 😀😉

34 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Correct me if i am wrong but i believe standing, singing and chanting is not permitted at such ' gatherings ' ? If so what a sterile atmosphere it will be.

You are correct with that TIL. 

By the time iFollow take their cut and possibly the EFL as well, there won't be much left? 

With 28m people nationally  now moving into a higher level of restriction and a rapid rise in cases locally, it seems a bonkers and dubious decision to proceed with this.

If the test and trace works properly and just one person tests positive a lot of people might regret going.

5 hours ago, Matt Juler said:

I'd guess this is a strategically planned event to highlight how stupid the current rules area. I wouldn't be surprised if many other clubs do exactly the same this weekend. 

As last week with the Liverpool Man Utd madness, if you are correct, it just goes to show how far out of touch with the majority of fans ( not all ) Football clubs are at the moment. People in Liverpool who own Gyms must be looking at this in horror if indeed the Goverment have sanctioned it.

The club have only just now 3.15pm put up the sold out signs for tomorrow so 6 hours to shift what must be just a few hundred tickets surely shows a reluctance by the vast majority of 22,000 season ticket holders plus members to risk it. Just remember when 3,000 away tickets went on sale and were gobbled up within minutes pre covid.

1000 in to watch Toulon v Bristol rugby tonight, mainly French though 😁

Edited by Van wink

At Middlesbrough on Saturday some fans were able to watch the game in a hospitalilty box, they had to watch on a TV screen, the view of the pitch was obscured by the curtains.

😕

The next 4 games now to be beamed back, only 200 people can attend anyway. I wouldn’t go to either as I don’t approve, but why if 200 are allowed inside can’t there be 200 in 6 stands outside ( uppers and lowers ). I think this is ridiculous and sends completely the wrong message to people.

http://communicatoremail.com/Q6Z7N5arx~AhuBCtDoEsKvB5eBYX_hJMXsRRLRl5gTm/WebView.aspx

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

The next 4 games now to be beamed back, only 200 people can attend anyway. I wouldn’t go to either as I don’t approve, but why if 200 are allowed inside can’t there be 200 in 6 stands outside ( uppers and lowers ). I think this is ridiculous and sends completely the wrong message to people.

http://communicatoremail.com/Q6Z7N5arx~AhuBCtDoEsKvB5eBYX_hJMXsRRLRl5gTm/WebView.aspx

I find this scheme bizarre. The 200 ‘ lucky ‘ attendees must nearly all be non-season ticket holders who have to pay a tenner anyway and fancy a free pint otherwise why bother to trek over to the ground when you can watch exactly the same thing at home ? True there will be a bit more atmosphere surrounded by like minded supporters but there’s always FaceTime if you want a bit of interaction with your mates.

I think opening up the ground for matches for such low numbers is a non-starter. It would cost too much to staff the event. Inside it’s much easier to control although breathing in 200 peoples air conditioned air for a couple of hours might not be such a healthy option.

Don’t wish to criticise the scheme as NCFC must do every little bit we can to keep revenue flowing, plus there’s the employees of the Gunn Club etc to consider - this will help keep them in work.

But once everyone’s had a few pre match drinks down the Nelson etc, I’m sure it’ll be easy to stop passionate supporters leaping from their seats and celebrating together when we score a 95th minute winner.

Doesn't make sense to me. Just open up Carrow Rd with restricted yet far higher numbers well spaced out and get on it. 

To the letter of the law so to speak the club are doing nothing wrong but for a community club as has been said this screening of these games at the ground sends out the wrong message at a time when covid cases per 100,000 in Norwich has risen from 37 a couple of weeks ago to now more than 102.

Totally irresponsible attracting 100 people into a lounge from all over the place and goodness knows how many different households.

Edited by TIL 1010

32 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

I think the Club are hoping the national papers pick up on this ridiculous situation 

If that was the case the story  would have been picked up on Saturday. It’s crazy and I think the club is in the wrong from a community point of view 

I can understand peoples concerns from a Covid point of view but how is the club allowing people into the lounge areas etc any different to going into a pub lounge?
I assume the club will be subject to the same G'ment imposed restrictions imposed on pubs (such as table service etc.) plus the club has better control on limiting numbers entering than a pub does so I don't see the issue. Probably just me though!