Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

See City at Carrow Rd

It’s a tiny step closer but how on earth it’s deemed by the powers that be that sitting indoors in an enclosed pub etc watching a game rather than spaced apart in the outdoors AT the game is still beyond comprehension for me. We could do several 1000 comfortably around the ground whilst maintaining social distancing. It is mad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

So people can sit inside and watch football - when we are told the virus spreads inside.....and no-one can watch outside - when we are told it doesn't spread so easily outside.  Mad.

How funny, without seeing your post, Lakey, I was just echoing your thoughts exactly!

• Like 1

So we can go to Carrow Rd for an away game, but spend the entire time inside, but can't have a couple of 1000 for a home one where we'd be outside??? 

This government are a joke with their decision making right now. 

Getting more stupid with each passing day it seems. Caught a clip of the numpty Dowden answering questions from a group of irate MP's on the subject of Royal Albert Hall v Football. this was what he said..................'everyone knows the issue is not just about allowing fans into stadiums but they also have to make the journey to the ground and back home again'.

So I guess Royal Albert Hall attendees have mastered the scientific art of the Star Trek Transporter system whereas us Football cattle are stuck in the dark ages of centuries old human transport systems! Perhaps we could 'energise' Dowden and the rest of the useless Government and start again?  

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I wonder what the complimentary drinks are? Out of date at the end of the month ? 

It's a special cocktail called 'Socially Distanced'.

1 Part Blue Caracaoroad

1 Part Dale Gordons Gin

& a pint of Neyul Adams Ale.

This is absolutely pathetic 

I’m not sure mankind can create an asterisk big enough to define this season. The asterisk would put whole continents in permanent shade. 

This season doesn’t count, don’t forget that.

26 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Getting more stupid with each passing day it seems. Caught a clip of the numpty Dowden answering questions from a group of irate MP's on the subject of Royal Albert Hall v Football. this was what he said..................'everyone knows the issue is not just about allowing fans into stadiums but they also have to make the journey to the ground and back home again'.

So I guess Royal Albert Hall attendees have mastered the scientific art of the Star Trek Transporter system whereas us Football cattle are stuck in the dark ages of centuries old human transport systems! Perhaps we could 'energise' Dowden and the rest of the useless Government and start again?  

...perhaps all those attending the Albert Hall are all in possession of one of those "jaunting belts" the Tomorrow People had!!!!!🤨

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2020/october/live-screening-rotherham-v-norwich/

Along with those students at a house party on Bowthorpe Road last weekend driving up the R Rate in Norwich it now looks like Norwich City are doing their bit to move the city up to Tier 2.

Bonkers !

Might be the only promotion we get this season.

We're heading for another lockdown.

Will the Club get a £10,000 fine?. Still no problem I guess it is less than the wages of Trybull, Drmic and Leitner and maybe they will still make a profit on the day assuming around 1,000 in attendance?

This makes no sense. As others have said , how can it be safe indoors and not outside.. worlds gone mad

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Will the Club get a £10,000 fine?. Still no problem I guess it is less than the wages of Trybull, Drmic and Leitner and maybe they will still make a profit on the day assuming around 1,000 in attendance?

The TOTT and Gunn Club would struggle to have a capacity of 450 each before covid restrictions were placed on numbers in pubs, clubs and restaurants so i would imagine vastly reduced capacities.

Edited by TIL 1010

Don't blame the club for trying to improve revenue but shows how mad the rules currently are... Government are totally clueless

Edited by Kenny Foggo

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Surely we are missing an opportunity here. Get the fine, give them Drmic as payment! 

• Haha 1

I thought it was April Fools when I first saw this. 
I wonder what checks will be undertaken on those mad enough attend. I for instance live under a WS postcode and we are at Level 2. I have been invited by email, but unless I have got the rules wrong I could not attend by law. We are a community club and should be sending out good messages but what sort of message does this send out ?

• Like 1

It's the same as a cinama chain recently charging £6.99 to watch live premiership football. You can't watch your team live with social distancing, in an open environment. But you can watch them in a closed cramped environment, in a cinama. Johnson and this government couldn't organise a p*ss up a brewery. At a time of national and international disaster, we have the most inept and corrupt Government I've ever known, in my opinion. 

I'd guess this is a strategically planned event to highlight how stupid the current rules area. I wouldn't be surprised if many other clubs do exactly the same this weekend.