Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Trybull to Blackburn

9 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Oh great, loaned him to a rival.

Yes, it could be that, Blackburn are a decent outfit with Eliott Bennett as captain. Mind you, with our squad we don't need to fear anyone.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, it could be that, Blackburn are a decent outfit with Eliott Bennett as captain. Mind you, with our squad we don't need to fear anyone.

If he is staying in England and with all these games then I think it a huge loss to the squad. More than good enough at this level and acclimatise to this league

Must be more to it...

@lake district canary I'm a positive fan like yourself, but you can't be thinking this league will be a doodle for us

23 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Bennett or Snodgrass, who’s the better player?

2 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

If he is staying in England and with all these games then I think it a huge loss to the squad. More than good enough at this level and acclimatise to this league

Must be more to it...

@lake district canary I'm a positive fan like yourself, but you can't be thinking this league will be a doodle for us

No, it certainly won't be a doddle.....but by  the same token, we don't need to fear any other team.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

No, it certainly won't be a doddle.....but by  the same token, we don't need to fear any other team.

Fair.

I think trybull is a big loss

35 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Someone might like to check but I think Bennett was released

7 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

He's still there but hasn't started a game, I don't think he's going to be a major influence on whether they are a rival despite LDCs weird obsession. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

image.thumb.jpeg.0a33a3b53ca44d9db527946a23ca2a5b.jpegImpressive reception area at Ewood park.

If that is the Ewood park reception area, then that's him tied up as a permanent for sure!

17 minutes ago, king canary said:
26 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

He's still there but hasn't started a game, I don't think he's going to be a major influence on whether they are a rival despite LDCs weird obsession.

You can call it weird if you like, but he is club captain there and still an influence and role model there - and they will likely be strong this season. Trybull will add to that if he goes there.

28 minutes ago, king canary said:

A lot of Blackburn fans don't rate Elliot either. Will always be a solid championship player mind you, but never anything more.

1 minute ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

Really don't get this, if we'd have stayed up I'd understand but at this level he's more than good enough. Much rather him or Leitner in the squad than the likes of Rupp. 

Personally think Rupp is a better player than Trybull. And certainly Rupp is better suited to what we need. Which is far more mobility and engine in midfield to get box to box. Trybull never had that.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

If Trybull is on loan then surely he won’t be able to play against us but help Blackburn stop our rivals. 😉

Rotherham and Wycombe ? 😉

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You can call it weird if you like, but he is club captain there and still an influence and role model there - and they will likely be strong this season. Trybull will add to that if he goes there.

A quick glance at the Championship Player of the Month suggests he's likely not even the most influential ex Canary there.

32 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Personally think Rupp is a better player than Trybull. And certainly Rupp is better suited to what we need. Which is far more mobility and engine in midfield to get box to box. Trybull never had that.

Going to have to agree to disagree on that, I'm still firmly in the "what on earth does Rupp offer" camp. Modern day Andy Hughes, plenty of puff with no substance. Even the last game where there were those waxing lyrical about him, all I was seeing was a player continually not looking up quick enough and who missed at least 3 brilliant runs from Hernandez to play the ball 3 ft sideways instead. 

I'll love to be proven wrong, but I'm yet to see any evidence of it. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, hogesar said:

That's all fine until he's asked to defend or god forbid, the ball lands at his feet. 

Rupp is a pup

2 minutes ago, Number9 said:

That's all fine until he's asked to defend or god forbid, the ball lands at his feet. 

Rupp is a pup

His successful tackles and interceptions per game is not really any different to Trybull even during his best spell in the title winning season.

I'm indifferent towards Trybull, but feel quite negative towards Rupp, not because of stats, just watching him does my head in.

Big fan of Super Tommy Trybull and you know he will give his all on the pitch. However, the recent performances of Rupp and Skipp as a duo have been excellent and he would not get a chance at the moment.

Just not sure we should have got rid quite so quick, he is very, very good at this level, in my opinion.