Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

Why does Worthy refuse to buy foreigners from abroad??

Of all the players we''ve been linked with this transfer window, very few are foreign and none of them are based abroad! What is Worthy''s problem with foreigners? There are clearly bargains to be had if you look properly. What are the scouts doing? Do they get paid for nothing because they certainly haven''t found us any gems abroad! Safri''s great but he had been based in this country for quite a while before moving to us!

Alex - I think Worthington fell down with our Scandinavian imports. Other managers might have made something of them, but not our man. That''s why he won''t buy any more.

Because we are more than halfway through the season and we don''t have the time to let players from abroad settle.  Some of these players have to bring their families with them, find a house or stay in a hotel for a while, find schools for their kids etc etc

Well Ding bloody dong Alex. That''s what I find whenever I visit Europe. The place is just bloody crawling with Johnny Foreigner, none of whom speak much English.