Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Drmic/Trybull/Leitner

Can somebody who has been paying attention answer this question.

Does the window closing mean that these cannot sign for an overseas team now until January, whether permanent or on loan? 

Or does it depend on the country, the MLS and Scandinavia I think have seasons which run at much different times and I've known players to move to the MLS at strange times like October or November? 

They can still sign for domestic clubs, but is this all domestic clubs or just football league? Not that I'd expect any to get an offer from the league above unless somebody has an injury crisis brewing.

Its looking increasingly likely that we're going to be paying these three good money for pretty much nothing for the next few months? 

I’m not sure why we would alienate these players. Farke did the same with Nelson at a time when we were really struggling to score.

It just seems odd. We’re paying their wages so keep them involved until they can move on. We may need them, although I expect Farke would never admit that.

Unless they are causing problems, I don’t see what this achieves. However, I know for a fact that Nelson was actually well liked by the other players so the reason for him being banished was not that. 

Edited by Clint

53 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Can somebody who has been paying attention answer this question.

Does the window closing mean that these cannot sign for an overseas team now until January, whether permanent or on loan? 

Or does it depend on the country, the MLS and Scandinavia I think have seasons which run at much different times and I've known players to move to the MLS at strange times like October or November? 

They can still sign for domestic clubs, but is this all domestic clubs or just football league? Not that I'd expect any to get an offer from the league above unless somebody has an injury crisis brewing.

Its looking increasingly likely that we're going to be paying these three good money for pretty much nothing for the next few months? 

I think it depends on the windows of the league trying to sign them.

So for example a bit of googling suggests the MLS window is open until the end of the month, so a team from that league could come in for them, no matter if our window is closed.

I do wonder if we find no takers whether we'll look at paying them off and ending the contracts.

11 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

As has been said, it depends on when windows close. I looked it up last week and I believe Switzerland closes today, and Russia, Croatia, USA and Qatar are later in the month. Other than those and the domestic market, I guess they're stuck here until January.

I remember Ma****er tweeting that Leitner was drawing interest from a couple of Championship clubs. He also seems the least likely to find a way back into the fold.

4 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

They aren't good enough and leitner had an attitude problem, clear as day since he arrived. 

We know they are square pegs in round holes and it is also clear Webber and Farke want to ship them out off the books never to return but that does not answer the question of why they are still here with the window about to close.

46 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Looks like upwards of £75,000 a week going up in smoke

No chance.

Reportedly after relegation wage cuts we only have one player on over £20k a week (wouldn't surprise me if it's Drmic).

It won't be cheap but it won't be that expensive.

3 minutes ago, Clint said:

Drmic is on £25k pw, he’s the highest earner.

Yep, so its defo less than 75 K a week then. 

3 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

The three of them together are paid less on a weekly basis than Steven Naismith was taking. 

These things happen in football sometimes. It's unfortunate, but the reasons we don't want them are probably the same as the reasons other clubs don't want them either.

Drmic would be a good option at CB. Very little chance of the ball going in the net if he’s in the 18 yard box. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Drmic would be a good option at CB. Very little chance of the ball going in the net if he’s in the 18 yard box. 

Should nickname him Jigsaw as he goes to pieces in the box.

10 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

They aren't good enough and leitner had an attitude problem, clear as day since he arrived. 

Have a gold medal for stating the obvious whilst failing to answer any of the questions posed.

aura-well-done-gold-medal-50mm-2-620695-dv-p.thumb.jpg.9bd57c8578fe60e529512feabbee4ce1.jpg

6 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Probably looking at more like £40k I reckon, after the relegation wage cuts. 

Leitner a particularly strange one as it was clear for pretty much the whole of last season he wasn’t going to feature. Surprised we hadn’t lined something up long ago.

Drmic was getting game time towards the end of last year so perhaps we were thinking he might come good. Trybull I get the impression if we had failed to bring in sufficient cover would probably have stayed as back up - so probably were holding off lining something up. Those two I can sort of understand why we haven’t been able to offload them. Leitner a lot less so.

4 hours ago, Aggy said:

Leitner a particularly strange one as it was clear for pretty much the whole of last season he wasn’t going to feature. Surprised we hadn’t lined something up long ago.

Drmic was getting game time towards the end of last year so perhaps we were thinking he might come good. Trybull I get the impression if we had failed to bring in sufficient cover would probably have stayed as back up - so probably were holding off lining something up. Those two I can sort of understand why we haven’t been able to offload them. Leitner a lot less so.

Leitner was never fit enough to market,  nothing strange there at all, we're stuck with a dud.  Drmic was crap when he played, so his market diminished.  Trybull never shone when he played, always off the pace of an English game.  On Friday anticipate a mutually cancelling of contracts.