Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

Joey Barton - players like that make me so angry!!

I know this is not Norwich city related but I''ve just seen that Joey Barton has stunned Man City with a transfer request! I can''t believe it - Man City have given him so many chances and stood by him when other clubs would have sent him packing long ago. Driving offences, stubbing a lit cigarette in a youth team player''s eye to biting one of his team mates (Dunne I think!?), the club still kept him on. He has performed well this season but know thinks he deserves more money and wants to quit the club. He should be grateful that he still has a career and thankful to Man City for all they''ve done. Have a good look at yourself Joey Barton beacuse you might not like what you see!!

Rant over!! Any thoughts??

Maybe he can only put the past behind if he moves away from Manchester.  His brother is in prison so maybe he justs want to move away and it has nothing to do with money.

[quote user="shropshire canary"]

I''d show the door alright: back to the sewer he crawled out of - total waster who deserves nothing.

Who''s his agent I wonder??

[/quote]

tony finegan no doubt...  no it''s Willie McKay.  there really are large numbers of a**h*les working as agents

indeed no managers would have gone near him after all his trouble ( I mean stubbing a cigarette in someones eye is pretty nasty) but Man City stood by him and supported him even during his brothers trial and it looked like he was repaying him until he became like 90% of all other players and just wanted the yankee dollar, it is a disgrace! he should be paying Man City if only Psycho was our manager

Totally agree, its good honest footballing pros like Stuart Pearce I feel sorry for - he gave that lad a lifeline and gets a kick in the teeth like this.  I hope he now washes his hands of him.

Would love to spend an afternoon with someone like him findng out what he thinks of the modern game, no loyalty, too much money and everyone''s favourtite - the agent.  Would make for interesting conversation I''m sure!!