Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Could Todd be staying?

31 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

It’s fine, GJL - I provided proof that Daniel Farke called Todd Cantwell a ‘key player’. That’s good enough for me. But don’t let truth and the facts get in the way of your bizarre in denial insistence that Farke doesn’t rate him. Though of course, I’d be very happy for you to give me a mythical quote where Farke says he doesn’t rate him or see him as important to the team. But something tells me I won’t be seeing this any time soon, as this only exists in your head I’m sorry to say.

...not made anything up....just listen to Farke's post match interview after the Bournemouth game....I'm sure its available online somewhere

55 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Agree with this, but young people need to know that this is not a healthy thing to do. I have neices in their teens and they are literally glued to their phones when out and about and welded to their ipads when in....24/7. They are literally living in a virtual world. Instead of seeing the world around them, they are seeing the world through a screen. When they go away they have no concept of where they are in relation to anywhere else, they have no sense of awareness about other stuff than what they see online. It's living zombeism in action. You try and persuade them to put their phones away and they just can't - and their parents have tried. If they happen to be in a place where there is no signal it is hilarious - they are simply lost and have glazed looks on their faces, not knowing how to cope. That may sound extreme, but it is pretty much how it is.

It ain't healthy and it's fine for the likes of rich and famous to flaunt themselves around on social media, but it only perpetuates the whole thing, giving it a glamour and kudos which it doesn't deserve.  Its amazing what technology has done for people and communication, but there is not enough counter balance to it. Before long, people will be growing up with zero awareness of reality - or have their own version of life which is totally unconnected with actual reality. The same was said about TV years ago and it was true then and it is now - technology and communications can be a great thing for society - but it has to be used in a balanced way.  Unfortunately, there are few restraints on it with instant access to practically anything we want and being so easy, this is palpably unhealthy. People that run sites are exploiting the young beyond what is healthy by leading them to addictions of gambling, games, **** etc.

So if older people sound a bit old fashioned it is because they can remember times when you didn't rely on technology 24/7 and had to engage more of themselves than just a finger pressing on a little screen. It's addictive and that is the shame of it - it plays on the weaknesses of people.  It's ok for people that can deal with it and still have balanced lives, but so many people can't.

There are plenty of ways footballers can relate to people through interviews, charity work etc without resorting to online, access to all, platforms. There is an awful lot of good on the internet and in social media, unfortunately it is ruined by the bad - and young people are especially at risk. Footballers, for their own good, ought to lay off social media for their own good - and for the good of people who get hooked on it - and so avoid the pitfalls that can come from it.

... says the bloke who's been posting on a message board all day. 

I'm not knocking it, it's all  communication, with things as they are, the last thing we need to do is stop talking. 

58 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Agree with this, but young people need to know that this is not a healthy thing to do. I have neices in their teens and they are literally glued to their phones when out and about and welded to their ipads when in....24/7. They are literally living in a virtual world. Instead of seeing the world around them, they are seeing the world through a screen. When they go away they have no concept of where they are in relation to anywhere else, they have no sense of awareness about other stuff than what they see online. It's living zombeism in action. You try and persuade them to put their phones away and they just can't - and their parents have tried. If they happen to be in a place where there is no signal it is hilarious - they are simply lost and have glazed looks on their faces, not knowing how to cope. That may sound extreme, but it is pretty much how it is.

It ain't healthy and it's fine for the likes of rich and famous to flaunt themselves around on social media, but it only perpetuates the whole thing, giving it a glamour and kudos which it doesn't deserve.  Its amazing what technology has done for people and communication, but there is not enough counter balance to it. Before long, people will be growing up with zero awareness of reality - or have their own version of life which is totally unconnected with actual reality. The same was said about TV years ago and it was true then and it is now - technology and communications can be a great thing for society - but it has to be used in a balanced way.  Unfortunately, there are few restraints on it with instant access to practically anything we want and being so easy, this is palpably unhealthy. People that run sites are exploiting the young beyond what is healthy by leading them to addictions of gambling, games, **** etc.

So if older people sound a bit old fashioned it is because they can remember times when you didn't rely on technology 24/7 and had to engage more of themselves than just a finger pressing on a little screen. It's addictive and that is the shame of it - it plays on the weaknesses of people.  It's ok for people that can deal with it and still have balanced lives, but so many people can't.

There are plenty of ways footballers can relate to people through interviews, charity work etc without resorting to online, access to all, platforms. There is an awful lot of good on the internet and in social media, unfortunately it is ruined by the bad - and young people are especially at risk. Footballers, for their own good, ought to lay off social media for their own good - and for the good of people who get hooked on it - and so avoid the pitfalls that can come from it. 

Lakey, you have nearly 18,000 posts on an internet forum. Up to you entirely how you spend your time but it's a bit hypocritical to criticise young people for being attached to their technology. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Lakey, you have nearly 18,000 posts on an internet forum. Up to you entirely how you spend your time but it's a bit hypocritical to criticise young people for being attached to their technology. 

That’s 1 post every 4 hours 23 minutes over 9 years, guys .

More like Slack District Canary

Addictive feedback loops are built in to social media and technology. There's a very good reason many people working for tech giants ban their own kids from using their platforms.

It's worth reading up on if you think it's inconsequentially mundane. It's having a shocking impact on self-harm, suicide, and political discourse.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ncfcstar said:

I think some of you really need to close your browser and stop scoring pathetic points against each other on a football messageboard.

Are you new to this messageboard?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

Some of the fellow oldies on here may recall the Monty Python dial an argument thread very funny. Don't forget folks we are all on the same side

It was coincidentally the four Yorkshireman sketch that Lakey’s latest tl;dr diatribe brought to mind for me. I’m sure you’re nothing like that YC. 😘

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kirku said:

Addictive feedback loops are built in to social media and technology. There's a very good reason many people working for tech giants ban their own kids from using their platforms.

It's worth reading up on if you think it's inconsequentially mundane. It's having a shocking impact on self-harm, suicide, and political discourse.

Apparently The Social Dilemma on Netflix is very disturbing viewing on this, but I’ve not had time to watch it yet as I’m too busy posting on here.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

That’s 1 post every 4 hours 23 minutes over 9 years, guys .

You bothered to work that one out?  I see I'm not the only one with issues in that case!! 😀

30 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You bothered to work that one out?  I see I'm not the only one with issues in that case!! 😀

Miles off the record breaker though. 

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Well, I didn’t do it longhand if that’s what worries you. The whole task took closer to 4 seconds than to say, 4 minutes... or 4 hours...

Also, I was defending you! Your posting rate being positively sloth-like. Do buck up

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Apparently The Social Dilemma on Netflix is very disturbing viewing on this, but I’ve not had time to watch it yet as I’m too busy posting on here.

Yeah, it only really touches the surface and doesn't go into detail, but they do have some ex-big-hitters in the social media development and UX world who have a few interesting things to say.

I did watch it, but I watched it on my phone. Best of both worlds surely?!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, lake district canary said:

At least you've finally admitted it.

9 minutes ago, CDMullins said:
11 hours ago, lake district canary said:

At least you've finally admitted it.

I've never denied it.

Just now, Rich T The Biscuit said:

So just out of interest, is he staying or going 🤷‍♂️😂

Who? I’ve lost track. 🤪

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Can't see any bid coming in for Lakey from any other forums. He'd never go to TWTD, surely?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, hogesar said:
54 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Can't see any bid coming in for Lakey from any other forums. He'd never go to TWTD, surely?

To be fair, they don't need me at the moment, they are on cloud nine because of their good start......maybe later in the season as they drop like a stone to the other end of the table I could go on there and say "never mind chaps, there's always a chance we can win League 2 next season"..........

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Guess we’ll know come Sat, if he’s not even on the bench that could be the end

Pretty sure that if he hasn't left by Saturday he is here and he wont be going anywhere until January. 

Edited by chicken