Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Could Todd be staying?

Cantwell is desperate to leave - pity he wants to shaft the Club that gave him so many chances to shine

He is an average young player at best - no wonder there are no Prem Clubs that want to sign him - £20 million is a total joke

I would let him go for £1m - just to see him gone, & see a total demise of a very selfish person, who has his head in the clouds

Farke was way too eager to give Cantwell chance after chance - hopefully Farke can at last see, that some young players of limited ability need to be put in their place & show respect to the Club

• Haha 1

I hope he can get switched on, so he can start competing for a first team place. He will be needed if we are to challenge for promotion this season

8 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I hope he can get switched on, so he can start competing for a first team place. He will be needed if we are to challenge for promotion this season

I think if we could get £5m for Cantwell - we could replace him with a lot better player with a much better attitude

We may well have that player in the Club already

Cantwell wants to leave - just let him go, as he is not as good as some (one in particular) local Journalists are trying to make out  - just because he comes from Dereham

Totally inconsistent, & has already probably cost us points from his pathetic attitude towards the Club that gave him his Golden Ticket 

The sooner he is gone the better imo

29 minutes ago, hogesar said:
34 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

What is this based on? What did Wilbraham learn in his period at NCFC? Chasing lost causes?

It's just nonsense.

Ok, I'll try and explain.  Wilbraham was inspiring, the way he ignored the rubbish coming from the fans and social media. It's really about attitude and the desire to improve and be the best he could be. He never lost his focus in trying to be the best player he could be on the pitch, the sort of role model player any young player should aspire to.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Doomcaster said:

Cantwell is desperate to leave - pity he wants to shaft the Club that gave him so many chances to shine

He is an average young player at best - no wonder there are no Prem Clubs that want to sign him - £20 million is a total joke

I would let him go for £1m - just to see him gone, & see a total demise of a very selfish person, who has his head in the clouds

Farke was way too eager to give Cantwell chance after chance - hopefully Farke can at last see, that some young players of limited ability need to be put in their place & show respect to the Club

You've made a lot of assumptions. How old are you?

18 minutes ago, Doomcaster said:

Well then, you are presenting a strong case against supporter-led club management , are you not! 😆 Ebbsfleet Utd eat your heart out

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Doomcaster said:

Doesnt really make much sense to release a player worth circa £20m for £1m. I dont think he is being as disruptive as you make out. Quite simply these are young lads being affected by their agents chat / club speculation and will knuckle down when said windows shut. You cant really blame for wanting to play at a higher standard, however some players need to act more like Max Aarons and just get on with the job at hand and be professional, until anything changes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Evidence?....exhibit A ....no Cantwell in the matchday squad

That’s not evidence. Farke didn’t say he didn’t train well or with maximum effort, despite what was assumed by most (including myself) on the day of the Bournemouth game. He’s never said that remotely. He just felt his head was somewhere else, and for that reason, he wasn’t picking him until the matter was resolved. 

2 hours ago, Doomcaster said:

I think you may be my love child 

Lets not kid ourselves....if Farke would have wanted him back in the squad (if not in the first xi) vs Derby , he would have done.....regardless of how he had or hadnt trained that week, if he was considered that important to us and the result. As I previously said, he wasnt coming back from an injury so fitness surely was no issue.

Maybe we have to accept another possibility that Farke doesnt actually think so highly of him and doesnt really fancy him?

Remember when discussing Lewis and Godfrey when they were being touted to leave, Farke praised them as the best left back in the championship..and the best young central country defender in the country

Instead of praising Cantwell , he instead was quick to point out how long its been since he last scored a league goal or provided an assist and intimated he perhaps isnt as good as he thinks he is?

...I'm not so sure that Farke would be too dissappointed if he did leave...moreso if Dowell hadnt got injured?

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Lets not kid ourselves....if Farke would have wanted him back in the squad (if not in the first xi) vs Derby , he would have done.....regardless of how he had or hadnt trained that week, if he was considered that important to us and the result. As I previously said, he wasnt coming back from an injury so fitness surely was no issue.

Maybe we have to accept another possibility that Farke doesnt actually think so highly of him and doesnt really fancy him?

Remember when discussing Lewis and Godfrey when they were being touted to leave, Farke praised them as the best left back in the championship..and the best young central country defender in the country

Instead of praising Cantwell , he instead was quick to point out how long its been since he last scored a league goal or provided an assist and intimated he perhaps isnt as good as he thinks he is?

...I'm not so sure that Farke would be too dissappointed if he did leave...moreso if Dowell hadnt got injured?

I think you’re barking up the wrong tree. I can’t be bothered to go through all the Farke interviews, but he has repeatedly said Todd Cantwell is one of our best players, and he wants the window to shut so he can keep said best young players who he wouldn’t sell for even £100mil each if it was down to him. I’m sure the cynics will arrogantly decide they know better and say that Farke is saying that to drive up Todd’s asking price. Anything can be turned into a conspiracy theory, that’s the problem. Or we can actually take it at face value for what it is, because only the blind will deny what a very talented young player he is. 

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

I think you’re barking up the wrong tree. I can’t be bothered to go through all the Farke interviews, but he has repeatedly said Todd Cantwell is one of our best players, and he wants the window to shut so he can keep said best young players who he wouldn’t sell for even £100mil each if it was down to him. I’m sure the cynics will arrogantly decide they know better and say that Farke is saying that to drive up Todd’s asking price. Anything can be turned into a conspiracy theory, that’s the problem. Or we can actually take it at face value for what it is, because only the blind will deny what a very talented young player he is. 

Dont need to go through all...just listen to the one after the bournemouth game. When albeit in the heat of the moment Farke spoke as candidly as you will hear any manager speak just sfter a defeat.

That was a telling insight as to his real thoughts

26 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I think you may be my love child 

But to have a child, you need to have had **** first?

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Farke has consistently defended Todd and been a massive fan of him. He certainly rates him and he does think highly of him. He'll be back in the team.

3 hours ago, Doomcaster said:

Why would you let him go for £1m when clubs are prepared to pay higher? 

Cantwell scores 6 goals in a dreadful premiership season, I think he has replayed the faith shown in him.

I don’t get the hype around him, but people are being wayyyy too hard on him.

20 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Dont need to go through all...just listen to the one after the bournemouth game. When albeit in the heat of the moment Farke spoke as candidly as you will hear any manager speak just sfter a defeat.

That was a telling insight as to his real thoughts

Or perhaps it was just heat of the moment frustration immediately after a defeat. You’ve chosen what you want to hear though, a single sound bite, but decided to ignore the rest to support your narrative. Daniel has repeatedly said he doesn’t like to over praise the younger players in particular but it’s very evident he knows how important he is to the team. If you are correct however, then it’s bizarre how Todd managed to play as much as he did for Farke last season at the highest level...

15 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Or perhaps it was just heat of the moment frustration immediately after a defeat. You’ve chosen what you want to hear though, a single sound bite, but decided to ignore the rest to support your narrative. Daniel has repeatedly said he doesn’t like to over praise the younger players in particular but it’s very evident he knows how important he is to the team. If you are correct however, then it’s bizarre how Todd managed to play as much as he did for Farke last season at the highest level...

Maybe its in those heat of the moment occasions when the real thoughts are revealed rather than in a more scripted interview or press conference.

I haven't 'chosen' to hear what I wanted to hear....I've just heard what Farke said

50 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

But to have a child, you need to have had **** first?

Given Uncle Fred's potentially divine status I'm surprised you haven't considered the obvious possibility of immaculate conception.👼

• Haha 1

I might be going mad but If I was a betting man I'd put money on him moving on loan to a premier league side.

Its clear we are happy for Todd to move on but no one has come in for the money we would want for him.

Unlike Godfrey, Aaron's I dont think Farke sees him as a starter so letting him go on loan, getting a fee and someone paying his wages and putting him in the shop window again is something I can see ur a agreeing to.

Maybe a Burnley, Sheff U, Fulham kind of move.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Farke has consistently defended Todd and been a massive fan of him. He certainly rates him and he does think highly of him. He'll be back in the team.

Only if Todd does well over enough sessions to show he has regained his focus.  That is what this is all about, after all.

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Only if Todd does well over enough sessions to show he has regained his focus.  That is what this is all about, after all.

Or if Farke thinks he's better suited than Buendia against a certain opposition. As that's the reason Farke gave for picking Buendia instead of Cantwell last week, nothing to do with focus.

42 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I haven't 'chosen' to hear what I wanted to hear....I've just heard what Farke said

Well as you have completely ignored everything else Farke has ever said about Todd, I think it’s fair to say you have completely chosen exactly what you’ve wanted to hear to drive your narrative. Here’s just one example from the horses mouth as recent as July completely disproving your idea that Farke doesn’t rate him.

“For a modern player you have to be flexible,” he said. “We are pleased with his development. He is a key player for us in the offence.’’

“For Todd, it is not that important how you label his position. The most important thing is he is in a team where he can bring his strengths and influence the team a lot.”

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:
17 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Or if Farke thinks he's better suited than Buendia against a certain opposition. As that's the reason Farke gave for picking Buendia instead of Cantwell last week, nothing to do with focus.

Well, they were both left out for similar reasons initially and Emi musy have shown enough in training to warrant being put back in. If Todd had been ready he would surely have been at least in the squad for the match.  Sometimes actions speak louder than words and being left completely out of the squad for the last game says quite a lot.

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Well, they were both left out for similar reasons initially and Emi musy have shown enough in training to warrant being put back in. If Todd had been ready he would surely have been at least in the squad for the match.  Sometimes actions speak louder than words and being left completely out of the squad for the last game says quite a lot.

Yes, it says that Farke thought the opposition suited Emi and not Todd. Which is what he said. But no, according to you, what it actually means is something Farke didn't say. 🤔

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Ok, I'll try and explain.  Wilbraham was inspiring, the way he ignored the rubbish coming from the fans and social media. It's really about attitude and the desire to improve and be the best he could be. He never lost his focus in trying to be the best player he could be on the pitch, the sort of role model player any young player should aspire to.

Sorry Lakey just not really following this. Did Wilbraham actually improve for us really? My memories are of a decent team player who worked hard, and won a lot of respect of the fans for that, but rarely showed any quality or anything more.

On the topic of improvement - Cantwell was definitely our most improved player last season. I barely expected him to contribute and thought a loan out would be likely, but he turned it on from game 1 versus Liverpool and never looked back for the entire campaign.

In the space of a pre-season break, he went from fringe player who had merely shown some glimpses in the prior season to an absolute mainstay in the side. All while going from a league we completely dominated to a league we were dominated by everyone else...

I would go as far as saying that it is head and shoulders the most I have ever seen a player improve over a pre-season, it was a huge transformation.

How much 'attitude and desire to improve' do you think that took?  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Not in the eyes of some on here apparantly

As you say, you could buy the explanation if he was on the bench....but for a player who was a virtual starter in the premier league to not even be in a matchday squad of 18 in the championship?

We're not all mugs...

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Yes, it says that Farke thought the opposition suited Emi and not Todd. Which is what he said. But no, according to you, what it actually means is something Farke didn't say. 🤔

But then he wasn't even on the bench......

FWIW, I dont remember anyone getting more plaudits from pundits on MOTD than Cantwell. Pukki when the season started obvs, and Wrighty had a thing for Onel, but Todd was the one they kept praising.