Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The 'fifa 21 is out today' thread

For the small number of us who care about EA's Fifa 20 copy and paste with a new paintjob.

I know i'm a massive hypocrite and all given i bought the game but at least i'm aware of it right? That and I work for a living, have paid my bills/taxes and already done my shopping so what I do with I do with the money I earn is really none of your business.

Seriously however here are some pros and cons. Been playing since yesterday even though it only came out today via setting my Xboxs timezone to New Zealand so yesterday was today. I'm a time travelling genius I know

Pros-

Pace has been massively nerfed. There are still players that are quick, but you're much harder pressed to find players with 90 plus pace

Fitness is gone! Well, it's still there during matches in Ultimate team and kick off- but no more fitness cards and team fitness cards. Thank god for that huh? Only contracts needed now.

Manual defending is now king. Well, this is only a pro if you like manual defending as I do, add this to cons if you prefer your ai to defend for you- But if you are good at manual defending it has become an important part of the 'new meta' and even if you're bad at it I would reccomend you train and practice with it because you will need it.

Celebrations are much shorter and seem to automatically skip if just one player chooses to do so rather than it needed both to do so in fifa 20- And no more unskipable twenty second 'player fistpumping/clapping while walking slowly back to the centre of the pitch! Wooooohoooo!

Chemistry styles have also been nerfed, most styles that used to increase plus 10 now give plus five. Basic goalkeeper used to be best keeper as it gave plus 10 to every face stat but now it gives plus 5 instead, same for anchor- And shadow now gives plus 10 pace rather than the broken 15 it used too- And hunter and shadow cards are now much less rare to get from packs too so not so ridiculously overpriced as they used to be

Negatives-

It's litteraly Fifa 20 with a 1 rather than a 0

It's still 60 quid

Passing is STILL broken despite it being all players complained about in 20. Even if you use a player with 90 plus in all passing stats its still seemingly a 50/50 chance if they will pass it in the right direction etc

Aging players still have dumb ratings and major stat downgrades. Take James Milner. Mr.old reliable jack of all trades himself, can play pretty much anywhere on the pitch (other than keeper although it wouldn't surprise me if he could) can keep playing for 90 minutes despite his age with no issues and has won pretty much all there is to win in his Prem career- And hell he helped Liverpool win the Champions League and the literal leauge title itself last season.. Annnd EA have downgraded his overall by one and his stats and pace by a ton. Beacause EAlogic is that footballers that reach their 30's suddenly fall apart and are unable to run clearly. Lets ignore reality and pretend Milner is an old man who puffs and pants and had an awful season.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Just now, NFN FC said:

I'm still playing fifa 12 

Fifa 18 for me. Don’t play it enough to bother getting a new one each year. Usually upgrade every three or four years so might give 21 a go!

Whats the career mode like on this one?

I've got no interest in UT which means most EA sports franchises are a bit of a nothing for me. UT is such a cash cow that EA put minimal effort into the rest of game (which is particularly clear on Madden where career mode has barely changed in 5 years).

1 hour ago, NFN FC said:

I'm still playing fifa 12 

Fifa 2005 on a game cube for me - Motty's dulcet tones doing the commentary, with gems like : "Well they won't be selling many videos of this game in the club shop." 

I’m so out of touch.

The last time I played FIFA was FIFA 96 with Nick Wlodka being rated 99 on all attributes!

At Stamford Bridge the executive boxes have games consoles with FIFA so the kids can play football while the footballs going on.

...ugh...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

Most realistic and detailed version yet. Even got fans eating sandwiches in the City Stand during the game. 

My favourite part of 20 was the adding of 'fans' in the stands ignoring the football to take selfies and videos of themselves to post on twatter and instasnortagram about how they are massive football fans, absoloute realism 

That was groundbreaking. You felt like you were there. Maybe a retro add on, with fans throwing Bovril cups full of p#ss at each other. 

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

For the small number of us who care about EA's Fifa 20 copy and paste with a new paintjob.

I know i'm a massive hypocrite and all given i bought the game but at least i'm aware of it right? That and I work for a living, have paid my bills/taxes and already done my shopping so what I do with I do with the money I earn is really none of your business.

Seriously however here are some pros and cons. Been playing since yesterday even though it only came out today via setting my Xboxs timezone to New Zealand so yesterday was today. I'm a time travelling genius I know

Pros-

Pace has been massively nerfed. There are still players that are quick, but you're much harder pressed to find players with 90 plus pace

Fitness is gone! Well, it's still there during matches in Ultimate team and kick off- but no more fitness cards and team fitness cards. Thank god for that huh? Only contracts needed now.

Manual defending is now king. Well, this is only a pro if you like manual defending as I do, add this to cons if you prefer your ai to defend for you- But if you are good at manual defending it has become an important part of the 'new meta' and even if you're bad at it I would reccomend you train and practice with it because you will need it.

Celebrations are much shorter and seem to automatically skip if just one player chooses to do so rather than it needed both to do so in fifa 20- And no more unskipable twenty second 'player fistpumping/clapping while walking slowly back to the centre of the pitch! Wooooohoooo!

Chemistry styles have also been nerfed, most styles that used to increase plus 10 now give plus five. Basic goalkeeper used to be best keeper as it gave plus 10 to every face stat but now it gives plus 5 instead, same for anchor- And shadow now gives plus 10 pace rather than the broken 15 it used too- And hunter and shadow cards are now much less rare to get from packs too so not so ridiculously overpriced as they used to be

Negatives-

It's litteraly Fifa 20 with a 1 rather than a 0

It's still 60 quid

Passing is STILL broken despite it being all players complained about in 20. Even if you use a player with 90 plus in all passing stats its still seemingly a 50/50 chance if they will pass it in the right direction etc

Aging players still have dumb ratings and major stat downgrades. Take James Milner. Mr.old reliable jack of all trades himself, can play pretty much anywhere on the pitch (other than keeper although it wouldn't surprise me if he could) can keep playing for 90 minutes despite his age with no issues and has won pretty much all there is to win in his Prem career- And hell he helped Liverpool win the Champions League and the literal leauge title itself last season.. Annnd EA have downgraded his overall by one and his stats and pace by a ton. Beacause EAlogic is that footballers that reach their 30's suddenly fall apart and are unable to run clearly. Lets ignore reality and pretend Milner is an old man who puffs and pants and had an awful season.

It’s not the best, it’s not the worst fifa out there. Rivals qualifiers were very easy (4wins and a draw). Found myself in div 3. Gonna focus on trading for a bit, need some pennies to compete! 

8 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

It’s not the best, it’s not the worst fifa out there. Rivals qualifiers were very easy (4wins and a draw). Found myself in div 3. Gonna focus on trading for a bit, need some pennies to compete! 

I ended up qualifying for divison 4 even though in past Fifas I had been in around 6/7.

Still doing alright, plus qualifying gave me a nice juicy 60 thousand coins which given I so far have made around 10 thousand from the coin boosts, and my pre order packs I got lucky with and made 20 thousand already at almost 100 thousand coins and still have a decent 80 rated prem squad to play around thanks to the untradeable squad building upgrade challenges

Think its best to sit on coins for now market is still up and down and will be for a while so no point spunking big on expensive players when at next month they will be worth half as much as they are now

Plus keep your coins for any good SBC players that come out

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I ended up qualifying for divison 4 even though in past Fifas I had been in around 6/7.

Still doing alright, plus qualifying gave me a nice juicy 60 thousand coins which given I so far have made around 10 thousand from the coin boosts, and my pre order packs I got lucky with and made 20 thousand already at almost 100 thousand coins and still have a decent 80 rated prem squad to play around thanks to the untradeable squad building upgrade challenges

Think its best to sit on coins for now market is still up and down and will be for a while so no point spunking big on expensive players when at next month they will be worth half as much as they are now

Plus keep your coins for any good SBC players that come out

I got 89k, last year I got to div 4. I hate weekend league and won’t play it this year! 

I bought Werner this morning for 228k, interested to see if he is as good as he is against me 😂