KevinB

George Berkeley - Get him now please

Keeping to the spirit of identifying names that we've never been (publically) linked to previously, I would like to highlight up and coming Irish Centre Back George Berkeley. I've been reliably informed from our Eire-based scout network that we have a pre-contract in place with Kilkenny City AFC for a compensation sum of 20,000 EUR.

Born in County Kilkenny, the tenacious Irishman has a god-like touch, is ambidextrous with his feet, likes to play out from the back and isn't afraid of a crunching tackle. He is known as the "Bishop". A good prospect to add to the conveyor-belt of Irish talent we have emerging with Adam Idah, Simon Power and Andrew Omobamidele.

You heard it hear first. No doubt Archant and The Athletic will publish this soon.

Info: George Berkeley

• Thanks 1

While we will need a "thinking" playmaker should we lose Emi, I do believe that the "Bishop" 's best days are behind him. It wouldn't fit with our policy of buying young and selling for a profit (as opposed to a prophet).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Thanks for the info. I'm delighted to hear we're signing this 18th century philosopher.

No need to be a Kant about it. 😉 

7 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

No need to be a Kant about it. 😉 

I'm Confuciused by this link. He tends to get Descartes too early due to lax Marxing.

(poor, I know!🤷‍♂️)

• Like 1

Sure this guy wasn't just the local drunk in the pub spouting bollox and someone did a wind up on a visiting journo, who printed his ramblings and suddenly the then equivalent of the twitterati made him famous?

1 hour ago, paddycanary said:

I'm Confuciused by this link. He tends to get Descartes too early due to lax Marxing.

(poor, I know!🤷‍♂️)

And it's Gaarder get worse! 😉

I think the biggest problem with 'Bishop' (as he is known) is that he never moves directly forwards or backwards, but always moves diagonally. 

On 08/10/2020 at 22:18, horsefly said:

I think the Locke-down has got to him, but then he's only Hume-an.

You win this round Horsefly!

I Nietzsche improve my puns

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, paddycanary said:

You win this round Horsefly!

I Nietzsche improve my puns

See what you can Russell up! Not that I'm trying to Ryle you at all.

5 hours ago, horsefly said:

See what you can Russell up! Not that I'm trying to Ryle you at all.

They Arendt going to get any better I'm afraid, even though the most Dewey-eyed amongst us would admit you left it on a Plato for me. Ayer'll try and Rousseau something up. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, paddycanary said:

They Arendt going to get any better I'm afraid, even though the most Dewey-eyed amongst us would admit you left it on a Plato for me. Ayer'll try and Rousseau something up. 

Bravo! I will raise a glass of red Quine to your puntastic genius, or maybe a WittgenSTEIN of German beer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, horsefly said:

Bravo! I will raise a glass of red Quine to your puntastic genius, or maybe a WittgenSTEIN of German beer.

Ha! I was trying to squeeze Wittgenstein in there somewhere! And Kierkegaard. Genius I am not! No matter how you Spin(oza) it. Deng, I've Dennett now!

16 hours ago, paddycanary said:

Ha! I was trying to squeeze Wittgenstein in there somewhere! And Kierkegaard. Genius I am not! No matter how you Spin(oza) it. Deng, I've Dennett now!

You're far too modest PC! the evidence is clear you're very (JJC) Smart and far from run of the Mill, indeed a real Feynman.

On 12/10/2020 at 11:20, PurpleCanary said:

Forget players. The key to this is a new manager, and the obvious choice is Arseneca Wenger...🤓

I don’t think I got enough credit for this offering but I guess I will have to be stoic about that...