Sign in to follow this  
mattyboy05

is thorne good anougth

Personally he was fast becoming the new Dean Coney for me, I thought he would never score for us. Plus he seemed to be always injured, which makes me mad, and made me wonder if he had not joined Norwich but Costa Del Norwich in his own mind, as he didn''t seem to busting a gut to get back to full fitness. But then he played really well against Luton. And I began to get some belief that he could a decent job for us. He is a good target man, and wins the long balls and holds it up well. And given the limitations in our midfield, boy do we need someone like that. I reckon Thorne will come good for us, and go some way to replacing Iwan.

[quote user="Fat Barman"]a little harsh, Alex. Only half-a-dozen starts, most of the rest coming on as right midfield with 15 mins to go.
[/quote]

Ok - granted a little harsh but in the world of football strikers get measured on the goals they score and Thorne hasn''t showed signs of being prolific or good enough to be an automatic starter for a club (in theory) chasing promotion!!

Don''t take this the wrong way as I, like most Norwich fans, was a

devoted Iwan follower.  However, if we really want to succeed (in

the premiership?) would Iwan have been good enough?  Thorne''s not

as good as Iwan and thus, if we have any ambition left, I don''t think

he''s really good enough.

I think some posters are being a little harsh. If he gets decent service, he''ll score. But with our joke of a midfield (Saffs apart) he''s got no chance.

OK to come on for the odd game AS A STRIKER but he certainly won''t get 20 goals in a season. So, as a regular first team player, he is not good enough. In fact, without Ashton, our forward line is looking nearly as weak as our midfield.

If Cardiff are so desparate to have him back we could have a swap deal with Jerome + some cash!!!