2 seasons he done very well - he is now way of his people management depth to motivate players/personnel

Tactics =

Loads of high quality crosses into the box = Tudgill as a robust No9 - with Idah as back up

Loads of slick passing in the final 3rd with an on form No10 = Pukki (but no back up)

3 strikers up front as a totally desperate measure - just Play Station tactics from Farke

Even the old 3 CB's ofd Derby knew what Farke would do - just 100% predicable, & useless Coach (don't get me on defending set pieces over 3 seasons of abject failure)

Not sure what Farke is trying to do anymore - he just plays on the transfer market problems as an excuse

Everyone as a fan of NCFC knew our best young players would be at risk of bids this season, after Farke's total & utter failure to get any of our players motivated post lockdown in the Prem

After lockdown we were a total embarrassment - Farke was 100% at fault

5 competitive matches now within the Championship -  Farke is still a failure & needs to be sacked asap

• Like 1

Maybe more - as he has well outdone his time as a people/player motivator 

We need a new Coach /motivator in charge - Farke has well out run his time 

Webber has to take control - or he may well be looked at a a failure as well

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

If only there was 6 or 7 threads about this on Saturday afternoon 😏

Probably, with several no doubt started by this same poster.   But why not - if we want we can ignore and it’ll soon disappear.

The first line got me, which two seasons has he done very well? I can only recall one.

1 hour ago, Doomcaster said:

2 seasons he done very well - he is now way of his people management depth to motivate players/personnel

Tactics =

Loads of high quality crosses into the box = Tudgill as a robust No9 - with Idah as back up

Loads of slick passing in the final 3rd with an on form No10 = Pukki (but no back up)

3 strikers up front as a totally desperate measure - just Play Station tactics from Farke

Even the old 3 CB's ofd Derby knew what Farke would do - just 100% predicable, & useless Coach (don't get me on defending set pieces over 3 seasons of abject failure)

Not sure what Farke is trying to do anymore - he just plays on the transfer market problems as an excuse

Everyone as a fan of NCFC knew our best young players would be at risk of bids this season, after Farke's total & utter failure to get any of our players motivated post lockdown in the Prem

5 competitive matches now within the Championship -  Farke is still a failure & needs to be sacked asap

2 seasons? 

He did well for 1 season..... 

What a moronic thread to start. 

He steadied the ship, helped bring through a ton of valuable youth. 

He then got us promoted but wasn't backed. 

He's now managing a player transition, a team in a pandemic, and eith question marks over half the team going and who is coming in. 

The guy is doing a good job and the idea that another manager would waltz in and storm the league is so utterly deluded thatanyone who thinks it is simply not a Norwich city fan. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Personally I'd like to see Farke score a few more, I cant actually remember the last time he stuck one in the goal hole and for that reason he is 100% responsible for what happens on the pitch.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Did you ever have an English teacher?

He possibly might have but his teacher soon found out that English wasn't really his strongest subject 😏

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Doomcaster said:

Tactics =

🥱😴😷

10 hours ago, Doomcaster said:

Tactics =

Due to spelling and grammatical errors I have to mark this post down from a C- to E.

• Haha 1

Much as I disagree with the post, it's a bit sad the way that usually moderate posters have piled on to start mocking the OP for poor English skills. I'm a proofreader and copywriter for a living, and believe me I notice every single mistake that everyone makes. But we're not all academically minded, and sometimes those of us that are academically minded still aren't strong with language. If the OP is dyslexic, for example, this isn't a very kind way to behave.

Plenty in the content of the post itself to disagree with, without getting all high and mighty about the mode of delivery.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Much as I disagree with the post, it's a bit sad the way that usually moderate posters have piled on to start mocking the OP for poor English skills. I'm a proofreader and copywriter for a living, and believe me I notice every single mistake that everyone makes. But we're not all academically minded, and sometimes those of us that are academically minded still aren't strong with language. If the OP is dyslexic, for example, this isn't a very kind way to behave.

Plenty in the content of the post itself to disagree with, without getting all high and mighty about the mode of delivery.

Can appreciate your sentiment!   As an academic, what’s your thought on ‘opinion’.   Lots on here spout their opinions based on hearsay rather than actual fact and conveniently fail to consider or include the facts .... then try to argue they are entitled to their opinion!    

Seems an unintelligent and often unfair approach when the point is usually negative and critical.    Certainly worthy of a lot more criticism than a grammatical error.  

Edited by ged in the onion bag

18 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

What a moronic thread to start. 

He steadied the ship, helped bring through a ton of valuable youth. 

He then got us promoted but wasn't backed. 

He's now managing a player transition, a team in a pandemic, and eith question marks over half the team going and who is coming in. 

The guy is doing a good job and the idea that another manager would waltz in and storm the league is so utterly deluded thatanyone who thinks it is simply not a Norwich city fan. 

Not sure about the final words about NCFC fans but otherwise that seems a pretty fair assessment, Jerry 👍

I too would like to know the mythical manager that could have done better in the PL with one of the smallest budgets in history. I can tell you who it isn’t - Eddie bloody Howe!

14 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Can appreciate your sentiment!   As an academic, what’s your thought on ‘opinion’.   Lots on here spout their opinions based on hearsay rather than actual fact and conveniently fail to consider or include the facts .... then try to argue they are entitled to their opinion!    

Seems an unintelligent and often unfair approach when the point is usually negative and critical.    Certainly worthy of a lot more criticism than a grammatical error.  

Without wanting to get too deep and meaningful this early in the morning, even 'facts' often aren't objective in this day and age. With so much information at our fingertips, it's easy to cite as 'fact' something we've read from a seemingly reliable source, which in fact is suffused with subjectivity and ulterior motive.

There are a lot of posters on here who don't like admitting they're wrong about anything, but that's the internet for you. Compared to other message boards I've frequented in the past, this one is pretty tame. I've learnt over time not to get worked up about what people post; I just try to keep in mind that they're all Norwich City fans (well, the vast majority, anyway!), and as such I'd be happy to chat about NCFC with them over a pint. And if we were face to face, the more aggressive posters would likely behave very differently to how they behave on an internet message board.

If you consider yourself a rational and reasonable person, it's also incumbent upon you to recognise when you're banging your head against the proverbial brick wall trying to get through to another poster, and just move on.

• Like 2

Season 4 is no doubt the big test for Farke.

His first and third seasons, while not great, have some clear mitigating circumstances. This season though he doesn't have any excuses.

For me what comes under scrutiny is his man management skills. I get he puts the team before the individual but when the tools are in a player it's also up to the manager to use those players to the best of his ability . He could't get the best out of Nelson and publicly criticised him in the championship but when Nelson went to Reading he got 3 in 10 games and the lad is now scoring for fun with AEK Athens to the point he was being linked with Wolves last January transfer window.  Marcus Edwards got lambasted by him but has gone on leaps and bounds and was pivotal Vitória de Guimarães in their europa league and league form last season. Fast forward to this Jan and he came out and gave Buendia a ticking off , do you think we've seen the best out of Emi since then? We lacked creativity against Bournmouth and Derby and yet Cantwell and you could argue Leitner could have been that spark but for falling out with the manager. Big Grant Holt was notoriously terrible in training but Lambert knew that Big Grant could and would perform and wouldn't drop him.The excuse of not turning up in training I feel is an easy one to point at as the fans don't know what goes on in training , I personally believe if Todd wanted a move that badly- use that to galvanise him. We have the tools within this squad currently to solve the lack of creativity problems in final third , players we've counted on in the past but for falling out with the manager are not getting a look in because of clash of egos // style // god knows.Theres too many players now (4/5) in this current squad who are out on a limb and// or have fallen out with the manager, that causes squad disharmony unless you shift them on or integrate them back in.  Just like our players have to improve , so does our managers man to man management skills.

There were two clear times to sack him - after relegation and after derby . Theres no point now. We hold on and hope he can turn it around or this season will be a right off and another of transition . Simply put 4 points in 4 games currently isn't good enough plus form from premier league would mean most bosses heads would of rolled. But this is not our model or ethos.

This is his first proper high profile management role and he is still be learning too. I really hope we get it right on the pitch soon or I think some tough decisions will have to be made upstairs. 

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Season 4 is no doubt the big test for Farke.

His first and third seasons, while not great, have some clear mitigating circumstances. This season though he doesn't have any excuses.

The pandemic and the resultant restrictions etc have thrown football off kilter, with freak results and a crazy transfer-window plan which might hobble us, but otherwise I think that is fair.

1 hour ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Agreed on the general point.

I’d go further: the OP has not even made a ‘grammatical error’ but used what linguists might call a dialectical variation. Non-standard forms of grammar are typically labelled as ‘incorrect’, especially in writing. 

You can’t claim superiority when someone simply uses their own regional or ethnic dialect - which they’re more than entitled to do. A point usually missed in the uk as a legacy of our 19/20th century ancestors’ aggressive & ideological classism. They  attempted irrationally (but rather successfully) to assert Standard English as the only ‘right’ way to talk or write.

Here endeth the lesson.

Other than that, OP’s actual content was tommyrot, IMNSHO

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The pandemic and the resultant restrictions etc have thrown football off kilter, with freak results and a crazy transfer-window plan which might hobble us, but otherwise I think that is fair.

A plan which Farke is on record as supporting.

12 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Yes but I'd argue this is the same for every club right now so isn't anything unique to us.