MB's article in the Athletic suggested we'd only sanction the move if we had a replacement already lined up. How much of that is fact or conjecture I don't know but would hope it's accurate.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

MB's article in the Athletic suggested we'd only sanction the move if we had a replacement already lined up. How much of that is fact or conjecture I don't know but would hope it's accurate.

You'd hope it's true and common sense, but we've been in this situation, both during Webber's reign and before, where we haven't got enough in certain positions and it has come back to bite us.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

NEEEE NAAA NEEE NAAA NEE NAAA

That's the sound of the forum police reminding you of the 'KLOSE TO BASEL' thread that exists 😉

Already grassed myself up in the other thread, sir. I thought there was already another thread but couldn't find it on the first page, and because I was sure we were talking about this recently, I thought it might have been in one of the other threads.

What's my punishment? 

Seem some mixed messages on a replacement.

Michael B saying Tettey and Sorenson would be replacements, with Omobamidele potentially fast tracked to the first team. Pinkun saying a PL loan is being looked at and Saliba is a 'player of interest'. 

Hopefully the PinkUn have it right - as you say 3 centrebacks is too short, even if Tettey and Sorenson can cover at a push.

Replacement has to be bought in ASAP.

We currently have a one injured central defender, one who looked good in the last game but hasn't played in two years, one who looks a bit out of form and then youth teamers,

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Already grassed myself up in the other thread, sir. I thought there was already another thread but couldn't find it on the first page, and because I was sure we were talking about this recently, I thought it might have been in one of the other threads.

What's my punishment? 

Having to watch Hougtons first ten matches in charge of Forest

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Michael B saying Tettey and Sorenson would be replacements, with Omobamidele potentially fast tracked to the first team. Pinkun saying a PL loan is being looked at and Saliba is a 'player of interest'. 

Hopefully the PinkUn have it right - as you say 3 centrebacks is too short, even if Tettey and Sorenson can cover at a push.

Tetty? In centreback again? Farke off his meds?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Sorenson is an unknown but we've seen Tettey just isn't good enough in this role so I really hope the Pinkun is correct.

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If we don't sign another centre back and a left back too, then I'll seriously start questioning Webber.

I doubt a left back is coming. Especially if Saliba is the target as he can play right back and Farke basically sees left backs and right backs as the same thing.

NCFC would sell the Crown Jewels if they owned them at this time. The club is too much financially orientated. Not knocking it as we are a self financing club, but Covid is beginning to bite, and regardless of the DF comment ‘we don’t have to sell’, we do. Its not just about transfer fees, but high earners have to be, and will be, moved on!

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If we don't sign another centre back and a left back too, then I'll seriously start questioning Webber.

If we don't our defence looks like this...

Aarons (excellent)

Byran (injury prone)

Mumba (unproven)

Gibson (no football in nearly 2 years)

Zimmerman (injured most of last season, not looking in great form so far)

Hanley (injury prone)

Quintilla (looks decent, no backup)

A total of 7 defenders, with question marks against a number of them.

That would be suicidal. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

NCFC would sell the Crown Jewels if they owned them at this time. The club is too much financially orientated. Not knocking it as we are a self financing club, but Covid is beginning to bite, and regardless of the DF comment ‘we don’t have to sell’, we do. Its not just about transfer fees, but high earners have to be, and will be, moved on!

If that was true Norwich would have sold Aarons, Emi or Cantwell on the cheap by now.

Norwich could have made an awful lot more money so far this summer if they really needed to, but they have kept their prices high (much to the frustration of a couple of players at least).

Klose leaving is logical, he is 32 and wants to play football, not be a 4th choice at Norwich and it seems this move largely comes from him wanting out - not Norwich wanting him out.

• Like 1

If we aren't in for Saliba now then I honestly don't get it. Seems the perfect 2+2=4 situation.

Arteta will only send him to a side that play out from the back so that leaves us and Bournemouth as the front runners and they don't particularly need another centre back.

Just hope its not another case of us being financially outmuscled as he would make a huge difference potentially

Target someone to go straight into the team. No reason to have a talent deficit with the funds from the Godfrey sale available.

9 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Klose leaving is logical, he is 32 and wants to play football, not be a 4th choice at Norwich and it seems this move largely comes from him wanting out - not Norwich wanting him out.

Its only logical if we bring in a replacement.

We've got 2 weeks to loan a Premier League player, suspect that's the path we'll take. 

13 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

If that was true Norwich would have sold Aarons, Emi or Cantwell on the cheap by now.

Norwich could have made an awful lot more money so far this summer if they really needed to, but they have kept their prices high (much to the frustration of a couple of players at least).

I’d say we’ve already made a lot of money this summer. 

Anyway, back to the original thread.

Good luck Timm, a very good player until injuries got the better of him.

I will always remember him acting as cheerleader from the sidelines when he was a substitute and his banter with the Snakepit was brilliant.

Hope he stays fit and enjoys his football in future.

Edited by pearsos

I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion. But for the money we spent, Timm Klose was an unmitigated failure (a bit like most of the Alex Neil signings, let's be honest). Up there with other such failures as RvW, Naismith and Matt Jarvis for me.

Nice guy, without a doubt.

Good luck to him. Shame he wasn't fit enough often enough and would have been a legend if he had.  Some great moments and loads of desire from him and a good character to have, always smiling. 

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion. But for the money we spent, Timm Klose was an unmitigated failure (a bit like most of the Alex Neil signings, let's be honest). Up there with other such failures as RvW, Naismith and Matt Jarvis for me.

I don't often resort to insults, but I'm going to make an exception here....

Tw*t.

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Didn't turn out how we wanted largely due to injury. To describe it as an unmitigated failure is just ridiculous.

57 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Been a good servant, all the best Tim.

Can't see much prospect of any further incomings. 

20 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

You were were right, it is an unpopular opinion. 

31 games in our Championship winning season and a huge part of the reason Ben Godfrey became a £25m signing. 

Legs have gone now but he was a quality centre back. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I don't often resort to insults, but I'm going to make an exception here....

Tw*t.

Removed due to later apology.

46 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Didn't turn out how we wanted largely due to injury. To describe it as an unmitigated failure is just ridiculous.

Actually it's a valid opinion. Let me enlighten you.

Brought in for one of the largest fees Norwich City has ever spent.

Consistently replaced in the side year after year. Sometimes because of injury. Sometimes not. Lost his place to Zimmermann. Then Godfrey. Neither have the experience or credentials of Klose. Both kept their places beyond any injuries. 

After the first relegation, was an absolute disappointment. Admitted as such in his interviews.

His most recent spell in the side coincided with the worst spell of football this team has seen since Glenn Roeder's days in charge. Again, appreciate injuries played their part.

For the sheer weight of expectation vs what we got, he was an expensive disaster. 

Nice guy, like I said. Always worked hard for us. That's appreciated. But a very, very poor signing overall.

Edited by Terminally Yellow