Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Drmic not playing for the under 21's tonight

I could be wrong, but I think that the players in our U21 team for this competition have to actually be under 21 (as opposed to the U23 League where you are allowed to play 3 over age players). 

6 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

I think in this competition you can only field u21 players. Not like the academy league of 3 over the age of 23. I could be wrong but they introduced all the youth teams into this cup as a way of getting competitive matches for the youngsters. 

🙂 Snap. 

• Thanks 1

In the past, teams could certainly name overage players, and it happened many times. I remember some lower league clubs being annoyed when players like Michy Batshuayi scored for Chelsea and Charlie Adam scored for Stoke.

I've just spent ten minutes or so googling to see if this rule has been amended or if it's still in place, and the best I've managed to find is from Wolves' website, which states that only six players must be under the age of 21:

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/under-23/20200817-wolves-under-21s-to-compete-in-202021-efl-trophy/#

Teams may only include two players on the team sheet, aged over 21, who have made forty or more senior appearances, as at 30 June 2019. A senior appearance will be defined as having played in a professional first-team fixture. A non-playing substitute does not count.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_EFL_Trophy

Edited by FenwayFrank

Great stuff.
Anyone know (or care to guess) why I couldn’t log into Ifollow on Newport’s website? Sad to miss all those goals

*point being I do have an Ifollow account!

Edited by GenerationA47

48 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Great stuff.
Anyone know (or care to guess) why I couldn’t log into Ifollow on Newport’s website? Sad to miss all those goals

*point being I do have an Ifollow account!

Unfortunately ifollow accounts are club specific & non transferable. I’ve had to use two other email addresses at Plymouth & Newport. Expensive but enjoyable two matches. 
The commentary tonight was interesting, made Goreham seem like the model of impartiality 

18 minutes ago, Year of the tiger said:

Unfortunately ifollow accounts are club specific & non transferable. I’ve had to use two other email addresses at Plymouth & Newport. Expensive but enjoyable two matches. 
The commentary tonight was interesting, made Goreham seem like the model of impartiality 

Ahh thanks Yott. Feared it was that.. but too stubborn/purist to try a new account. Nice one on getting to watch both.

Younger teams a shining light in the relative darkness so far this season...