The Great Mass Debater

What now for the frozen out trio?

I am of course talking about Tom Trybull, Moritz Leitner and Josip Drmic.

Now the international window has shut, I believe only a domestic club could sign them. Doesnt seem likely does it? What about loans? Might we release them? I imagine Drmic has a while left on his contract on decent wages

I thought that Klose would be able to leave to join Basel up until 12th October which is the deadline the Swiss league closes, because Basel have not qualified for either the Champions League or Europa League, on that basis, I assume the same would apply for any other leagues where registration is still open and the team concerned has not qualified for a European competition, in respect of players leaving an English club?........

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

4 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I thought that Klose would be able to leave to join Basel up until 12th October which is the deadline the Swiss league closes, because Basel have not qualified for either the Champions League or Europa League, on that basis, I assume the same would apply for any other leagues where registration is still open and the team concerned has not qualified for a European competition, in respect of players leaving an English club?........

It’s so confusing - basically the transfer window shut last night between the likes of the English and German leagues, which is where you’d presume these 3 would likely go. But I’m starting to wonder if there’s some Championship clubs that have been negotiating in the background over our title winners at least - both played well for us and it would make sense if there was a fair amount of interest there, and tbf there was mention of interest a while back for Leitner.

The Swiss League transfer situation is particularly weird. How on earth can our international window be, to coin Sky Sports phrase, ‘slammed shut’ last night at 11pm - only to not actually be ‘slammed shut’? I still find it super stupid we can therefore still trade with Swiss clubs, permanent or loan, just because their windows still open. I get that they should be able to trade within themselves, but as far as I’m concerned we’re now only meant to be able to deal with other English clubs until 5pm next Friday - except that we’re not??! Makes no sense.

It's not great news they are still here being honest. If reports are to believed Drmic is one of, if not the top earner at the club and it's a massive waste of money to have a player earning that much playing in U23s matches. Seeing how much the club wanted Leitner, I can't see he's on bad wages either nor Trybull. You've got 3 players on first team wages who are nowhere near getting even on the bench. I suppose the good news is that the midfield duo have previous in the Champs so it's not unlikely a club in England could take them on loan and assume at least some of their wage burden. Drmic though, seems unlikely to move now. His reputation is all in Germany and the hope was that a club there would take him off our hands but he did nothing last season to do anything for his reputation in England. 

Edited by seanthecanary

7 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

It's not great news they are still here being honest. If reports are to believed Drmic is one of, if not the top earner at the club and it's a massive waste of money to have a player earning that much playing in U23s matches. Seeing how much the club wanted Leitner, I can't see he's on bad wages either nor Trybull. You've got 3 players on first team wages who are nowhere near getting even on the bench. I suppose the good news is that the midfield duo have previous in the Champs so it's not unlikely a club in England could take them on loan and assume at least some of their wage burden. Drmic though, seems unlikely to move now. His reputation is all in Germany and the hope was that a club there would take him off our hands but he did nothing last season to do anything for his reputation in England. 

Both Leitner and Trybull I can see now getting a move to Championship clubs. They have good pedigree at this level and I could see us getting a fee for them, though I got the impression that Tommy T would move back to Germany. That said, wasn’t there rumours of him and his wife perhaps going back to Holland? If that’s the case then the Dutch window doesn’t close until today. So that may well be a possibility. I suppose for Drmic he might well end up back in Switzerland rather than Germany. Those seem the most logical moves to me now for those players. 

24 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Maybe a new manager will get the best out of them?

Our current manager already did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Our current manager already did.

Do we need the 'best' out of them anymore? Replacements have been acquired and they should, in theory, improve the squad.

The most important thing is getting these high earners from off the wages bill.

I can see  both Trybul and Leitner fetching some kind of fee  from another Championship club as they are no longer unknowns in this country and indeed have built up a certain amount of Championship pedigree. Whether the players themselves would be happy with this is another matter. Leitner seems a bit of a difficult character. I had thought Trybul settled.

Drmic is the real problem in as much as his wages are reportedly the highest and he has shown little to impress (injury history apart.)

We could well be stuck with him ala Naismith, and some kind of compromise write-off might be on the cards. I shouldn't think that he wants to remain here. His playing history is not in this country for a starters.

Matching his wages might be a problem for any aspirant medium/small sized club in Europe. Another compromise will therefore be needed.

It seems to be that all pro clubs have players surplus to requirements on their books. Players that it seems are difficult to move on. It is not peculiar to NCFC, to Webber's dealings or to Farke's decisions. It is commonplace throughout the game.

Every club seems to have a "sick-note" as well.

Edited by BroadstairsR

46 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

It seems to be the lot of all pro clubs to have players surplus to requirements on their books. Players that it seems are difficult to move on. It is not peculiar to NCFC, to Webber's dealings or to Farke's decisions. It is commonplace throughout the game.

This is very true, there is a lot more to it than just a team just not wanting a player anymore.  Another club has to want them. The buying club also have to be able to afford the transfer whilst being able to agree terms on wages and length of contract etc that the player will agree to.  Just telling a player they are not wanted isn't enough to get them out of the club.  For all we know someone like Trybull may well be determined to stay and prove his worth.

Dont shoot me down now, but if we are paying his wages anyway, could Drmic be another option to compete for the number 10 role with Dowell out till January ?

He was a good creative player at one point and with a few weeks in training and in a lower league, could have some success ?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, seanthecanary said:

This is very true, there is a lot more to it than just a team just not wanting a player anymore.  Another club has to want them. The buying club also have to be able to afford the transfer whilst being able to agree terms on wages and length of contract etc that the player will agree to.  Just telling a player they are not wanted isn't enough to get them out of the club.  For all we know someone like Trybull may well be determined to stay and prove his worth.

Another problem is that the leagues are awash with unwanted players. This is not unusual normally, but especially so now. The lower leagues ie. other than, but with exceptions, the PL are feeling the pinch somewhat!

If they don't go in the next few days then we have to bring them back in and get them back as options. Leitner, Klose and Trybull have proven they can cut it at this level while Drmic a level lower could be a lot more effective.

Id be half tempted to use Drmic being here to send Idah out on loan to get games until Jan.

Presumably they will all still find a club though, especially Klose and Drmic back to Switzerland since they have a few more days

Wasn't the only reason Tommy T is due to leave Norwich down to Anna being pregnant and wanting to move back to Europe for family reasons? (A great shame imo, but you can't stand in the way for a reason like that)

Obviously Mo Lietner has burnt his bridges. Does anyone know why yet? Strange no one has come for him, you'd think Germany most like.

Drmic. Not a fan of him but could just give him a go if he is here and we are paying him? Why not? At worst he does well and there will be interest in him! You would assume a club in his home nation would want him though.

It does seem more and more people are coming around to the thought of including Drmic at this level. Still don’t think he’s anywhere near as bad as some suggest, but I do think he had to come into the side at not the easiest of times, and therefore would like to see what a ‘confident’ Drmic could do in a team that was dominating play more.

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

It does seem more and more people are coming around to the thought of including Drmic at this level. Still don’t think he’s anywhere near as bad as some suggest, but I do think he had to come into the side at not the easiest of times, and therefore would like to see what a ‘confident’ Drmic could do in a team that was dominating play more.

I agree with that, dead ball skills apart, so if we are paying him then use him unless there is something else going on between him and DF.

His place in the pecking order would be in doubt though ... fourth choice striker etc.

Somebody has suggested Idah being loaned out 'til Christmas for that littel bit more experience and lots of game time. Not the worst idea in the world as I'd like to see Hugill given a decent run out (particularly with our new-found crossing genius 😉) alongside Pukki ... or thereabouts.

3 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I agree with that, dead ball skills apart, so if we are paying him then use him unless there is something else going on between him and DF.

His place in the pecking order would be in doubt though ... fourth choice striker etc.

Somebody has suggested Idah being loaned out 'til Christmas for that littel bit more experience and lots of game time. Not the worst idea in the world as I'd like to see Hugill given a decent run out (particularly with our new-found crossing genius 😉) alongside Pukki ... or thereabouts.

Out of likes, Broady - but spot on 👍

2 minutes ago, birchfest said:

My personal unpopular opinion is that Drmic could score at this level... 

Guess it's a mix of can he cope ability (which it's probably fair to assume he can) but can he stay fit and get his confidence back being another question

Feel a bit sorry for Trybull as I don't think he has done anything particularly wrong has he?

More a victim of the number of replacements we have added in that position, but did he need to be frozen out or could we have kept him as a squad / rotation / injury back up option? We surely still could've advised him to look for a new club but kept him in the fray had nothing materialised - which seems to be the case.

Seeing as all 3 were omitted from the pre-season tour (I believe) then it seems like we would just rather go without even if not sold?