Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

A sign of Ambition please!

Just wanted to get this off my chest!

I feel that if this season is going to be wrote off ? then Worthy must go now! This would give a new manager time to see who is worth his salt and who Is''nt. He could then prepare his team for next season and see where the squad needs strengthening. Look at what Burley is doing at Southampton, he is bringing in players like Idiakez etc...(apparently) and other players which fans on here are dreaming of. He will be preparing Southampton for a serious assault on the title next season (They will be ready) If we remove worthington in the summer we wont! We will be in a transition period. Do the club not trust Worthy with the money? If this is true then he should be gone already!

The thing that is worrying me most is the talk of bringing in more Loanees (I dont want to see some player playing well for us, who is''nt ours) If they do? there price inflates and they go back to grace their own club. Look at Lisbie, I actually think that he may be quite good? but he came here to get fit! He looked short of that vital yard and match practice. He may of developed into a good player if we had signed him? We are now saying that we are looking at bringing in Davenport and Johanson on loan. This is pointless, if we cant afford to sign them now? then we cant after they have played well for 15 or so games. It was in the papers today that Leeds are interested in Davenport, Imagine if Leeds go up via the Play-Offs and he has been playing well for us, they will then buy him! This achieves nothing! Are we so worried about actually going down? that we are just getting a couple of players in to stop this from happening? Where is the ambition in that? If bringing in Loanees this season Is''nt a sideways step then what is? I dont know much about Johanson, but his name does''nt breed enthusiasm for me or the rest of you I doubt? Is he here to get fit?

My final point is: If the club are so skint? that we cant get proven names in like Earnshaw, then why are''nt we getting any players in on the cheap in order to build for next season? I would''nt mind seeing a DJ Campbell or Trundle coming in! Surely there are some young decent players in the lower league''s worth signing! Our squad is very poor and in need of strengthening, so much so that some will surely have to be bargains? Why not get these in now? My only reasoning is that the board dont trust Worthy with the Cheque-book. So why is he here?

I hope that all of these questions will be answered in the near future? as the whole situation at Carrow road is getting Murkier (Is that a word?) by the minute! They appear to be totally out of touch with how disgruntled we are as fans and to be honest, dont seem to care! I am a season ticket holder and was during the chase out era, I am considerably worried about the way our club is heading! I dont wish to see home fans fighting amongst themselves at games. There is clearly a non-atmosphere at home games at the moment and fans Tempers are on a knife-edge.

We are all in need of a morale boost at the moment! A sign that there is some ambition to go with the prudence! So come on NCFC lets hear or see something and then stuff the binners!!

I personally can''t see the point of bringing in any players in on loan. Why waste money on a player who will only be here for a few months? If this is really a last throw of the dice at making the play offs they are living in ga ga land. We need a truley unbelievable turn around in form and fortune on the pitch to make the play offs now. A couple of Charlton reserves, even though probably good enough to go straight into our first team, are not going to turn us around over night. The whole team need to improve considerably. I think all of the fans need a lift, and only a big name signing can do that now. Failure to deliver a big name signing for whatever reason, and the season will probably limp on to its conclusion with the atmosphere surrounding Carrow Road getting worse and worse I fear.

Ian, the club are not skint.  There is a huge difference between being skint and not wanting to pay £3m for the like sof Earnshaw and Jerome.

I agree with the loan players though, I really don''t see the point at this stage in the season.  I also agree that it would be nice to so a little bit more ambition to go with the HUGE amount of prudence we have seen.