Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The deadline day thread

I’ve read a few pieces in the media that described today as a ‘bargain finder day’. Could be an active one, not necessarily for us. But I hope we cover any positions of players we lose (eg Tim Klose leaving for Basel or Cantwell to Leeds – should either of those happen).

Edited by Robornio
Spelling of Basel

And they have just signed a winger in the form of Raphinha, so one might suspect that Leeds may have had a look at what Cantwell would cost as they reportedly had a look at James at Man Utd too. Raphinha is setting them back a rumoured £17million, so you can see, perhaps lower prices are easier found outside of English football at the moment.

Ah yes, very true. That new rule of different leagues. Annoyingly it defies the point of having a window. Not to mention causing disruption, with Premier clubs constantly sniffing around.

5 minutes ago, Robornio said:

Ah yes, very true. That new rule of different leagues. Annoyingly it defies the point of having a window. Not to mention causing disruption, with Premier clubs constantly sniffing around.

I'll be honest, I personally think it's disgusting. It's clearly a situation that is designed to best suit the premier league. We don't need two extra weeks. We need the window shut. Two months into the new season with the window open in this day and age is ridiculous. It's clearly unsettling players and teams - and not just ours.

I hope every EFL club plays hardball with EPL teams and bleeds them for every penny, especially after the EPL said they wouldn't help out the EFL financially due to covid putting many clubs at financial risk.

It's clearly going to have an impact on us too. I believe Webber is on record for saying that project restart saw a loss in £15-20million in revenue normally expected for that period.

• Like 2

PL Clubs who want to buy imports will get that business out the way today and then concentrate on what they can aquire from the Championship over the next 11 days.

3 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

PL Clubs who want to buy imports will get that business out the way today and then concentrate on what they can aquire from the Championship over the next 11 days.

One way to stop us losing anyone else would be to take the all of the club's phones(incl mobiles,i-phones etc) off the hook,unplug the fax machines and computers for the next 11 days ........sorted 😄

47 minutes ago, chicken said:

And they have just signed a winger in the form of Raphinha, so one might suspect that Leeds may have had a look at what Cantwell would cost as they reportedly had a look at James at Man Utd too. Raphinha is setting them back a rumoured £17million, so you can see, perhaps lower prices are easier found outside of English football at the moment.

Raphinha on the wing and Rodrigo in attack is one hell of a good double act for Leeds, not one to give them compliments but they sure are doing all they can to stay up and credit to them

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

Angus Gunn available for loan... could be a good move to keep Krul on his toes.

£13.5million they paid for Gunn to land him from Man City... I thought it was a bit much at the time. I'm not sure they'd want to loan him out to play 2nd fiddle though. And I'm not sure Krul is ready to be a back up keeper. Can't see it happening. 

Well, don’t know whether to be pleased or disappointed so far?!

With most of the interest in Max coming from abroad, and 25mins to go, could the unthinkable actually happen?

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Well, don’t know whether to be pleased or disappointed so far?!

With most of the interest in Max coming from abroad, and 25mins to go, could the unthinkable actually happen?

He won’t throw his toys out the pram if he stays. Max’s time will come soon enough to play for one of the big hitters. 

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He won’t throw his toys out the pram if he stays. Max’s time will come soon enough to play for one of the big hitters. 

Would be absolutely massive for us. It will be remarkable if we can somehow keep them all. Unthinkable even, I didn’t think it possible but still, I saw and see no point in throwing the toys out of the pram until the event. And at the moment, as it stands, massive credit to Webber and Farke - credit would be due. And season would start in earnest at Rovrum! 

17 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Btw by would the unthinkable happen, I meant could we see him still here lining up against Rotherham, Midlands! I don’t doubt Max’s temperament in the slightest 👍