Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Good luck Ben!

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Good grief. What's the matter with some of you?   It's his first interview at his new club. Deserves highlighting.

I prefer your lectures....

7 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

I prefer your lectures....

Have i missed the usual Monday morning lecture then Lapps ?

48 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"Happy to join a team with world clas players and a world class mananger makes a nice change"

what could have meant by this implication?

Since he never said this the only possible implication is that you're making things up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Since he never said this the only possible implication is that you're making things up. 

No sugar sherlock? But it is interesting how he states hes happy to join a good team with a good manager.

16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No sugar sherlock? But it is interesting how he states hes happy to join a good team with a good manager.

It isn't interesting at all - do you expect him to say in his first media interview at his new club that's joining a bad team with a bad manager?  (And I agree by the way that it hardly takes a great detective to deduce that you make stuff up). 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If a player makes a £25m move from a smaller club he's hardly likely to be joining a not very good team and is he likely to say his manager is not very good ?

2 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Because it's "Look at me" Lakey.

Play the post, not the poster. Just because it's accepted to bash Lakey, doesn't mean you should (even very mildly) when he posts something reasonable. When he starts one of the "we're going to qualify for the champions league", fill your boots, but not wishing a player good luck, what's wrong with that?

Particularly when there is an actual idiot on this thread (admittedly after you posted), spouting rubbish, as usual.

Congratulations to York City cutting a slice. Congrats to Norwich getting some cash. Congrats to Ben for signing for a decent club.

Good to see our players signing for non-relegation fodder so far.

9 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Congratulations to York City cutting a slice. Congrats to Norwich getting some cash. Congrats to Ben for signing for a decent club.

Good to see our players signing for non-relegation fodder so far.

From NL to the Prem, hell of a fun journey for Ben, hope the money helps York they sure need it

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Good grief. What's the matter with some of you?   It's his first interview at his new club. Deserves highlighting.

This

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

Play the post, not the poster. Just because it's accepted to bash Lakey, doesn't mean you should (even very mildly) when he posts something reasonable. When he starts one of the "we're going to qualify for the champions league", fill your boots, but not wishing a player good luck, what's wrong with that?

Particularly when there is an actual idiot on this thread (admittedly after you posted), spouting rubbish, as usual.

And this

Good luck Ben. As Herr Farke once said, Ben Godfrey has the potential to be a world class defender.

So gutted he’s leaving uson one hand but just like when Maddison left us,  I kinda feel proud of this one as I really do think there’s a future England captain in there. This is move to the right club at the right time, I look forward to seeing him progress even beyond Everton. 

Came across as an absolute pro. Good luck to him.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Agreed.

Lets hope he takes the PL by storm this season. Personally I feel he has, right now gone to the perfect club for him.

I think with Max, Ben is my joint favourite of our young stars. Watched him with interest when he was at Shrewsbury and I intend to do the same for his games at Everton & England. A really determined chap, someone who I feel can go very far in the rest of his career.

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Class act of a young man. Shame the questions put to him were so naff, but he handles himself well regardless......

Cheers Lakey, neat enough little interview, and indeed best of luck to Ben. Though when the interviewer asked him ‘England U21’s, Everton, so what’s next?’, I was kind of hoping he was going to reply ‘Once I’ve progressed, join Liverpool, replace Joe Gomez’