Sign in to follow this  
CanaryLegend

KLOSE TO BASEL

1 minute ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

The 11pm window tonight is for incoming deals, any foreign league which still has a window open can still buy from our leagues, Switzerlands window shuts next Monday, so another week for Basel to get the Klose deal done.

Thanks for clearing that up, MWJ - didn’t realise that 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Made it up. Just saying if we get 5 mill or more will be happy

10 Euro's and a big German sausage👍

13 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Do you know something about Daniel Farke that we don't? 😉 

Maybe McLean does? 😉

1 hour ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

The 11pm window tonight is for incoming deals, any foreign league which still has a window open can still buy from our leagues, Switzerlands window shuts next Monday, so another week for Basel to get the Klose deal done.

I found this website with transfer windows across the globe. Though I notice it has the English one as the 16th which doesn't lend itself to knowing if the others are domestic windows or not.

https://www.theplayersagent.com/transfer_windows

Also if this relates to say the Premier League and the EFL

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Only if we have another CB coming in. Surely to goodness we wouldn't leave ourselves with only three centre backs after last season's debacle?

I heard we've got a player coming in who will provide left back, right back, centre back, goalkeeper and right wing cover, all at the same time.

And yes, yes we would, because we don't make logical decisions. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Good lad but his best years in a yellow shirt are behind him and a move seems wise for all concerned. Be great to sign a young hungry replacement 

someone like Ben godfrey... is Sean raggett still a city player 🤔🙄

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Blimey if and i say if this has legs i don't think anybody could see that coming. Wolfie is right we will be looking for another CB signing without doubt.

Don't think this has any legs to be honest, much like Klose.

Baily saying it's discussion over a season long loan.

I can't see it happening but if it did I wouldn't be surprised to see a young CB join.

8 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I can't see it happening but if it did I wouldn't be surprised to see a young CB join.

I think if we were looking at a young CB he would already be here, we wouldn’t wait if we thought we could get someone worth having. If we are replacing someone in or around the first team, it will either be someone with experience, or a loan.

28 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

someone like Ben godfrey... is Sean raggett still a city player 🤔🙄

I can confirm that the 26 year old Sean Raggett is no longer a city player.......................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Famewo and Bushiri are being groomed to eventually come into the side, so would we really sign another? 

I think Klose's legs have gone and likely on a lot of money for a bit part player so I support him leaving, but he'd likely be replaced with a loanee and Webber/Farke have a frankly terrible record when it comes to managing loanees. 

It makes you wonder whether we really think these things through or if somebody is acting on impulse. Loan out McCallum and then sell Lewis, loan out Famewo and then shift Klose. 

I get that the club has possibly panicked about the wage bill having failed to shift the three members of the bomb squad, but it is a bit ridiculous how bare were going to be looking in some areas of the pitch and how congested we will be in others. 

When Webber came in be criticised the balance of the squad, but I personally think we are more inept at getting that right under him. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

3 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Delighted if that’s Klose gone. Nice guy but over rated and might mean we finally beef up options at centre half.  

Timm’s been good for us, but with his injuries more than anything it would make sense for him to return home now, and I reckon he’d go with all of our best wishes.

Can’t think of anyone to replace him that we’ve been linked with like we were for ages with Ben Gibson.

But left field guess, if there’s any truth in the rumours of the boys from Newcastle, then I just wonder if Todd Cantwell could be making his way there to join his old mate Jamal, and we in return could be getting a goal scoring midfielder from them (Longstaff) as a replacement for Todd with the young CB coming in to fill the void of Timm Klose. Am sure I’ve heard Steve Bruce is a fan of Cantwell, and with Jamal bigging him up, then perhaps this is maybe how this all plays out. Cash for Todd and a couple of players from them. Just a random thought.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Delighted if that’s Klose gone. Nice guy but over rated and might mean we finally beef up options at centre half.  

Lol

Lets be fair, did you see him play when he first signed ? As I said before was sheer class before his injury at Palace and many were relieved to see him stay that close season when he had suitors from lots of different clubs. Unfortunately never managed to get fully fit after that, ( often through no fault of his own ) so to say over rated is harsh, I would say more an unfortunate injury at Palace that dogged his career. Pity we never got to see him back fit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Thanks for clearing that up, MWJ - didn’t realise that 👍

hold on then. So all these posts or tweets saying the windown closes topday for international deals are wrong. Do any of the other leagues have later deadlines? i was kind of assuming that if no foreign clubs come in for Emi or Aarons today then the likelihood of them moving on reduces significantly. 

12 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

hold on then. So all these posts or tweets saying the windown closes topday for international deals are wrong. Do any of the other leagues have later deadlines? i was kind of assuming that if no foreign clubs come in for Emi or Aarons today then the likelihood of them moving on reduces significantly. 

Not sure to be honest, Jim. It is very confusing, so I hear exactly what you’re saying there. I too thought that if by 11pm tonight we still have Max, Emi and Todd then until Friday 16th we only have to worry about losing them to English clubs. But it looks as if Michael Wynless Jones has cleared it up and I’m assuming he’s done his research. Let’s face it, the transfer window should be closing on the same day for all in Europe, it seems a bit of a mess.

17 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Not sure to be honest, Jim. It is very confusing, so I hear exactly what you’re saying there. I too thought that if by 11pm tonight we still have Max, Emi and Todd then until Friday 16th we only have to worry about losing them to English clubs. But it looks as if Michael Wynless Jones has cleared it up and I’m assuming he’s done his research. Let’s face it, the transfer window should be closing on the same day for all in Europe, it seems a bit of a mess.

It's always been this way, however all the other big leagues close today too, also European squads have to be registered tomorrow, so the likelihood of Emi leaving becomes significantly less if he's here tonight, as I don't think the interest is there from Premier League clubs.  The windows still open are the more obscure leagues, hence why Klose can still go to Basel up to next Monday (someone posted the list of dates higher up this thread), but they're not going to be leagues Emi wants to go to.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

It's always been this way, however all the other big leagues close today too, also European squads have to be registered tomorrow, so the likelihood of Emi leaving becomes significantly less if he's here tonight, as I don't think the interest is there from Premier League clubs.  The windows still open are the more obscure leagues, hence why Klose can still go to Basel up to next Monday (someone posted the list of dates higher up this thread), but they're not going to be leagues Emi wants to go to.

You certainly have a far better grasp of the transfer window than me, MWJ. I suppose we can look at it in 2 ways - when that window for the major leagues closes tonight, it protects us from losing Max, Emi, Todd abroad (that’s if nothing happens in the next few hours, but we know how quickly these things can happen). From what we’ve heard this applies more to Max and Emi rather than Todd. But it does mean that the pool becomes a lot smaller for any Premier League club that becomes desperate in the last 2 weeks or so, and that is a concern. And you’d have to say that if any were looking in that time, then we have some of the best alongside I guess Bournemouth, Watford, and Brentford. Can’t wait till it shuts to be honest!

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I can confirm that the 26 year old Sean Raggett is no longer a city player.......................

I was taking the pee buddy

15 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

You certainly have a far better grasp of the transfer window than me, MWJ. I suppose we can look at it in 2 ways - when that window for the major leagues closes tonight, it protects us from losing Max, Emi, Todd abroad (that’s if nothing happens in the next few hours, but we know how quickly these things can happen). From what we’ve heard this applies more to Max and Emi rather than Todd. But it does mean that the pool becomes a lot smaller for any Premier League club that becomes desperate in the last 2 weeks or so, and that is a concern. And you’d have to say that if any were looking in that time, then we have some of the best alongside I guess Bournemouth, Watford, and Brentford. Can’t wait till it shuts to be honest!

I suppose if a premier club is desperate in a couple of weeks,  that is not a bad thing for us with regards to the asking price 😉