Sign in to follow this  
CanaryLegend

KLOSE TO BASEL

Got any evidence for this, please? Just had a very quick look but not seeing 'owt...

Shame. When he came here he was initially outstanding but injuries have hampered his career with us. 

Top chap but probably the right decision (if confirmed) for him

Ah, it's in the Daily Mail in the transfer news section. if this is true then it will be a real shame to see him go on a human level, but injuries may well have caught up with him.

Right, do we have another centre-half coming in, or are we going to call back one of Famewo or Bushiri?

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Good bit of business if true.

Hopefully Drmic will follow.

Only if we have another CB coming in. Surely to goodness we wouldn't leave ourselves with only three centre backs after last season's debacle?

• Like 6

Blimey if and i say if this has legs i don't think anybody could see that coming. Wolfie is right we will be looking for another CB signing without doubt.

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Only if we have another CB coming in. Surely to goodness we wouldn't leave ourselves with only three centre backs after last season's debacle?

We won’t, Wolfie - I doubt this is a shock to Webber and Farke so I guess if we’re going to get another CB from abroad then that has to happen today! That said, we could have something lined up domestically. 

Good luck to Timm - damn injuries, I don’t think we therefore ever quite saw the very best of a very decent CB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Blimey if and i say if this has legs i don't think anybody could see that coming. Wolfie is right we will be looking for another CB signing without doubt.

Yes John, a bit out of the blue especially given the timing but I guess not wholly unexpected (though that said, I didn’t expect it either!). Hope there’s no nasty surprises today. Still got Drmic, Leitner and Trybull to go so I’m thinking busy day! 

12 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yep 2 centre halfs leaving in the same window. I'm sure Webber wouldn't leave the squad this thin.

If we sell him for 5M then I wont complain. Love the guy to death, think he's a fantastic guy personality wise and he will always be iconic for the Ipswich header and all

But he's clearly past it. Legs have gone, and his almost career ending injury has made him about as mobile as a fridge.

35 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Shame. When he came here he was initially outstanding but injuries have hampered his career with us. 

Top chap but probably the right decision (if confirmed) for him

Agreed.  When he first joined he looked a top player.  Was never quite the same after the injury

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

If we sell him for 5M then I wont complain. Love the guy to death, think he's a fantastic guy personality wise and he will always be iconic for the Ipswich header and all

But he's clearly past it. Legs have gone, and his almost career ending injury has made him about as mobile as a fridge.

The Ipswich header was worth everything he has cost us😊 It says on the main Pinkun site that we've agreed a nominal fee

• Like 1

I am still convinced had he not gotten injured in that Palace game we would have stayed up and he would have moved on to a big club. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Where has the £5m figure come from?  I can't City getting anything close (or Klose) to that.

Just pleased we’re getting something - that could have been a free transfer in fairness, good work Webber! 

Can’t see it being £5mil though, Cambridgeshire - where’d you get that fee from? Even **** Turpin wore a mask!

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Made it up. Just saying if we get 5 mill or more will be happy

I would be willing to be that you won't be happy when the fee is announced then 🙂

Edited by seanthecanary

Just now, Michael Wynless Jones said:

No chance £5 million, more likely a free to get his wage off the bill. 

Must mean another CB coming in, or that they now see Tettey as a CB 😱

I would hope another CB coming in, or Famewo's loan cancelled (is that allowed?)

1 minute ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

No chance £5 million, more likely a free to get his wage off the bill. 

Must mean another CB coming in, or that they now see Tettey as a CB 😱

Wonder who it could be? The joys of deadline day

someone make a crazy guess and see if it pays off

I'm calling Dan burn coming here 😉

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's more likely to be some lower league german player in germany , a market farke likes to hit .😁

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not a terrible shout - they will probably be looking for someone who can play centre back and left back comfortably. There aren't many who are a) willing to come to us; b)good enough c) available.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Sounds like it's legit

But surely if our window closes today to do international dealings, then it’s now or never?

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

But surely if our window closes today to do international dealings, then it’s now or never?

If it’s a loan..?

50 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

If it’s a loan..?

Can loan deals be done outside the international window? I wouldn’t have thought so? Loan or permanent, I’d have thought any dealings we do abroad (other than sign players that are not under contract) have to be done by 11pm tonight?

14 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Can loan deals be done outside the international window? I wouldn’t have thought so? Loan or permanent, I’d have thought any dealings we do abroad (other than sign players that are not under contract) have to be done by 11pm tonight?

The 11pm window tonight is for incoming deals, any foreign league which still has a window open can still buy from our leagues, Switzerlands window shuts next Monday, so another week for Basel to get the Klose deal done.