Sign in to follow this  
Doomcaster

Gibson Debut

Done really well - passing at last from our CB's was progressive & perfick - leadership on the pitch looks very good

Not sure why he has not had any match time before now? 

A class above Zimmerman for sure - just hope Gibson can help Zimm improve as a C/B

If that’s his first game in god knows how long, 1 or 2 years?, can’t wait to see what he’s like once he’s got a few more appearances for us under his belt. He’s going to be huge for us this season. Looks a complete CB to me.

Yep, I was well impressed. Should solidify our leaky defence. Plus Skipp does a job breaking up the play. I think we are on to something here. Just need the attack to start firing and we might get some more points! 

• Like 1

It's pretty hard to tell as our defence were under zero pressure for 98% of the match.

50 minutes ago, Doomcaster said:

Done really well - passing at last from our CB's was progressive & perfick - leadership on the pitch looks very good

Not sure why he has not had any match time before now? 

A class above Zimmerman for sure - just hope Gibson can help Zimm improve as a C/B

Your post started off well, Gibson looks the real deal.....but you ruined it by dissing Zimmermann.  Zimbo is a class act - as shown every time he gets a run in the team.  Makes the odd mistake, but they all do.  If they stay fit, should be the best pairing in the division.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Your post started off well, Gibson looks the real deal.....but you ruined it by dissing Zimmermann.  Zimbo is a class act - as shown every time he gets a run in the team.  Makes the odd mistake, but they all do.  If they stay fit, should be the best pairing in the division.

Agreed, my feeling too, Lakey. We looked defensively at our best last season when we played, dare I say it, Zimbo and Grant together. A real shame we got those injuries to them basically on the eve of post lockdown. Not knocking Ben as he’s going to have a great career, but there was so much more composure at the back when we had the Zimbo/Hanley pairing, it was pleasing to see.

• Like 1