Sign in to follow this  
NorfBhoy66

Hugill

Why did we buy him? Our tactics are tip tap football, try to score the perfect goal for Pukki, we have two full backs putting lovely crosses in for a forward who cannot head a ball, why did the mamanger bring on Idah first when the game was screaming out for Hugill?

• Like 2

I think this has been discussed in a separate thread. But imo we need to be playing Hugill ahead of Pukki, becasue we're set up differently to previous seasons. With Quintilla & Aarons getting the crosses in, it's Hugill who has the strengths to get onto it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Samwam27 said:

I think this has been discussed in a separate thread. But imo we need to be playing Hugill ahead of Pukki, becasue we're set up differently to previous seasons. With Quintilla & Aarons getting the crosses in, it's Hugill who has the strengths to get onto it

I totally agree he should be starting but i would also play Pukki behind him i think he would thrive on the knockdowns and confusion that the physical presence Huggill will create in the opposition box

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

I totally agree he should be starting but i would also play Pukki behind him i think he would thrive on the knockdowns and confusion that the physical presence Huggill will create in the opposition box

I think this is well worth a try.👍

32 minutes ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

Behind , around , in front of him ....theres 2 ways to accomodate this ...442 ...in which case who are the 2 most complete central midfielders to cover the necessary ground?

....or....and this maybe more likely if Hernandez leaves...a midfield diamond?

Skipp

Rupp     McLean

Buendia

Hugill      Pukki

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Behind , around , in front of him ....theres 2 ways to accomodate this ...442 ...in which case who are the 2 most complete central midfielders to cover the necessary ground?

....or....and this maybe more likely if Hernandez leaves...a midfield diamond?

Skipp

Rupp     McLean

Buendia

Hugill      Pukki

I was actually thinking about the best formation for us to accommodate playing Pukki amd Hugill and I think the diamond may be the best option.

I like how Wolves set up with a 5-3-2 but that would mean no place for Buendia.

.... 4321 /  442

Rupp  Skipp

Buendua Pukki Hernandez 

Hugill

would Pukki do the Steipermann role of falling back and helping out the midfield...if he does, does that detract from his effectiveness up front....if he doesnt, then its in all but name 442....would we then get overrun in midfield?

Zimmerman Hanley Gibson

Aarons                                       Quntilla

Rupp      Skipp

Buendia

Pukki         Hugill

Huge emphasis on the full/wing backs providing the width here....and getting back to defend

3 hours ago, Yorkshire Canary said:

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I think this is well worth a try.👍

I got slaughtered for suggesting Pukki in the hole last season behind Idah, but I complete agree that its worth a try.

I can see Hugill being our Kevin Davies and Pukki essentially thriving on his knockdowns and flick backs like Kevin Nolan.

Pukki will score more with a few chances on the edge of the box than he will sitting isolated at the top when teams are just going to sit deep. 

Pukki the man when the opposition play a high line as he's the best at beating an offside trap, but most won't try that against us because of the pace we possess on the flanks (if Hernandez or Placheta playing).  

Farke really needs to be open to changing things earlier at least. If teams park the bus like Derby then just get Hugill on at half time, drop Pukki to number 10.

If teams take the game to us then the game is right for Pukki leading the line, change it accordingly.

I'd have had no problem with us starting Pukki up top against Derby if Hugill was brought on at 45/50/55 minutes when it was so clear that it was a game for him. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Pukki the man when the opposition play a high line as he's the best at beating an offside trap, but most won't try that against us because of the pace we possess on the flanks (if Hernandez or Placheta playing).  

Farke really needs to be open to changing things earlier at least. If teams park the bus like Derby then just get Hugill on at half time, drop Pukki to number 10.

If teams take the game to us then the game is right for Pukki leading the line, change it accordingly.

I think we need to recognise that a lot of teams are going to play like Derby did and they've been doing it for a while. I was at the away game we lost 2-0 to West Ham last August. I went to see my Dad the day after and he asked me about the match. My response was that I thought West Ham had set the blueprint for how a lot of sides will play against us. Let us have the ball up to point, leave no space in behind and hit us on the break. The club must be wise to those and that has to be why Hugill was bought. 

I get why this is a topic for discussion as well as creativity in midfield. Still and but for a slip I have no doubt we would have won the match despite being uninspired for large parts of it. The big point for me though and no one really seems to be talking about it, is that yet again we've conceded a goal from our possession. Yet again we were in a position of control to some degree, our play broke down and within seconds we are in trouble. This happens with alarming regularity in this team. We are so vulnerable when we are on the attack and have the ball. Opposition sides just find it far too easy to get from their box to ours in the blink of an eye. 

Looking at the international fixtures it seems that Finland have three matches (Poland(A), Bulgaria(H) & ROI(H)). Pukki could be involved in all three.

When we start again after the international break we have 2 games in four days.

Hugill will take some of the load allowing more rotation of the strikers.

6 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Looking at the international fixtures it seems that Finland have three matches (Poland(A), Bulgaria(H) & ROI(H)). Pukki could be involved in all three.

When we start again after the international break we have 2 games in four days.

Hugill will take some of the load allowing more rotation of the strikers.

Hopefully Pukki will grab a goal or two during the internationals to give him a bit of confidence.

Why did we sign him? So we had a plan B ... the thing that most people on  here have been moaning about Farke not having!!

The question now is, given:

a)Pukki's loss of form and low confidence

b) The players we've signed - Placheta, Quintilla

should this now be plan A?

I actually like the idea of playing Hugill with Pukki in the hole behind him.

1 minute ago, rock bus said:

Why did we sign him? So we had a plan B ... the thing that most people on  here have been moaning about Farke not having!!

The question now is, given:

a)Pukki's loss of form and low confidence

b) The players we've signed - Placheta, Quintilla

should this now be plan A?

I actually like the idea of playing Hugill with Pukki in the hole behind him.

I like the idea of having them both on the pitch together I would agree.  I think that you can't just completely remove a player you know can score 30 goals in a season at this level.