Twitter reporting an approach for Hernandez from Turkish side, Basaksahir, who can offer champions league football. 

would be gutted to see him go too. I know there is often little end product but he’s a player I like and my son’s favourite 

I really like Argos but dont really rate him as a footy player. Nice bit of pace and power yet often lacking in delivery. Seems to have a great attitude too , but would he improve a champions league bound team?  They must see something  i dont. Suppose it depends, if true, on the Moolah. 

Would miss his happy face though, seems like a guy that realises how fortunate he is to be playing footy for a very comfortable living.

10 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Tweeted by the PinkUn -

Originally came from Alan Nixon, the so called reluctant one. 

Some of the stuff he quotes comes true, some he quotes after it's been quoted by others and he claims the credit for it and some of the stuff he quotes doesn't come true at which point he blames his source. 

So guess that's all basis covered 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I really like Argos but dont really rate him as a footy player. Nice bit of pace and power yet often lacking in delivery. Seems to have a great attitude too , but would he improve a champions league bound team?  They must see something  i dont. Suppose it depends, if true, on the Moolah. 

Would miss his happy face though, seems like a guy that realises how fortunate he is to be playing footy for a very comfortable living.

His decision making is woeful at times- either doesn't play a simple final ball when one is one, or tries one when he should shoot far too often.

That said, I think he's a useful squad option.

Just now, king canary said:

His decision making is woeful at times- either doesn't play a simple final ball when one is one, or tries one when he should shoot far too often.

That said, I think he's a useful squad option.

More useful than say , 10 million?

A direct, dangerous and unpredictable player who can be very effective in the Championship.

Often a very unintelligent footballer though, with idiotic choices in good positions common. That is not to say they do not sometimes work at a lower level. 

Very much a wildcard in a structured, fluid system (not a contradiction) such as ours. Valuable, yet creates problems for you as well as for the opposition tactically. 

Fans will like him and remember the good things, as a coach I am not at all sure I see signs of him learning to overcome his weaknesses (as Farke has clearly done with many). 

Parma 

Addendum: If you didn’t have wild card weapons, you do want them. We have had a habit - by Italian standards - of vastly overdoing it in this area (without amortising for it defensively).

All of Cantwell (drifts out of defensive spaces at the wrong time), Buendia (tries too much too deep), Hernandez (does something direct and good, immediately followed by something stupid, often causing others to - then - be out of position) on the pitch at the same time -plus a striker - is a lot of risk to cover for elsewhere.

Playing all three together - without a very tight structure behind (think Liverpool’s prosaic middle 3) - would be unimaginable in Italy. Too random. 

@Nuff Said

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Teemu’s right foot said:

You’re joking, right?

I realy dont think he is that good. 

Think we have a good team with alot of good players but for me Onel is not one of them. 

But what do I know? im no manager, but that is my opinion

More than 7 million and let him go. Placheta is a far more effective left winger, as long as anothrr attacking midfielder is added instead. 

14 minutes ago, Olano said:

There are a handful on here who think they are Olano and are never found wanting to impose that thought. 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

More than 7 million and let him go. Placheta is a far more effective left winger, as long as anothrr attacking midfielder is added instead. 

I was going to make a similar point. Do we need both? @Parma Ham's gone mouldy -interested to hear what you think.

• Thanks 1

Well it is going to be a long season and we are already getting rid of quite a few. A decent player who on his day can be very effective. I would like to keep him he often makes things happen more often when he comes on as a sub, he is a mixed bag but particularly if we play Hugill more he could be one who gives him some service

If any one shows interest in one of our players as sure as night follows day we will sell at a discounted price 

You couldn’t make it up 

Edited by Uncle Fred

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

If any one shows interest in one of our players as sure as night follows day we will sell at a discounted price 

You couldn’t make it up 

You just have.  😇😁👍

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Olano said:

I realy dont think he is that good. 

Think we have a good team with alot of good players but for me Onel is not one of them. 

That’s fine if that’s your opinion but £3 million buys practically nothing now. Irrelevant of his weaknesses he has pace to burn and on his day he’s a real danger at this level. Current market I’d expect £8 million minimum 

Could I be really bold and just say he's not for sale? Placheta is unproven yet despite his goal and has already picked up an injury.

Sure Onel is frustrating but has fantastic attitude and workrate. If we sell both Cantwell and Buendia we will be thin on the ground with offensive players and no guarantee we will find suitable replacements before the window closes.

Plus he has a young child. Can't believe his missus would want to uproute to Turkey in the current climate.

51 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

There are a handful on here who think they are Olano and are never found wanting to impose that thought. 😜

What, like people who think that Srbeny is Sloughbottom Park standard? 😉

• Haha 3

The guy just dyed his hair yellow ffs! (well it looks like he tried) 

Would say 15mil minimum as we would have to buy a replacement from England 

I see Jota is available on a free having left Villa today. Maybe a short-term option for this season if Cantwell, Buendia or Hernandez leave 

@Nuff Said

If you are referring to Placheta, it is very early days to judge. 

Natural player tendencies are fundamental to me as a coach however. Some of these do show up early.

A couple of things that I would be monitoring closely with Placheta are:

1. A tendency to run in straight lines.

2. A cautiousness (could easily be a new environment, a fear of making mistakes, or a slight brain ‘unnaturalness’ via desperately trying to follow new, unfamiliar orders) 

3. A lack of fluidity in his movements, with too little drifting between the lines. 

4. A callowness in his all round game (does he really know the game yet?)

He is fast though. 

Parma